Insane Ebay Auctions (OLD'n'locked)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

Avenger wrote:
SideShow wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0371894927

The copy pricekillers was selling went for $30 less. I got mine for HALF this (and $25 less than pricekillers sold his for).
That Jewel CD has always sold for around the $100 USD mark the last several times that I've seen it up for sale on eBay.
I've only seen the last 2 pricekillers auctions. Both of his went for just under $90.

He WAS auctioning another before this one, but it was cancelled. I'm guessing he got a sweet off-eBay offer and pulled it down.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

SideShow wrote:
Avenger wrote:

The copy pricekillers was selling went for $30 less. I got mine for HALF this (and $25 less than pricekillers sold his for).
That Jewel CD has always sold for around the $100 USD mark the last several times that I've seen it up for sale on eBay.
I've only seen the last 2 pricekillers auctions. Both of his went for just under $90.

He WAS auctioning another before this one, but it was cancelled. I'm guessing he got a sweet off-eBay offer and pulled it down.
And another one for over $125 (bought by thallos81)
oldskoolcollector

Post by oldskoolcollector »

sovdat wrote:
SideShow wrote:
Avenger wrote:

And another one for over $125 (bought by thallos81)
Haha, that's the reason that I sell it everytime immediately for 40 Euro's :wink:
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

SideShow wrote:
Avenger wrote:

Yeah, but is it any good? This is the question..
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

Korgüll wrote:
SideShow wrote:
Avenger wrote:

Yeah, but is it any good? This is the question..
I think it is. Reminds slightly of early Helloween maybe...maybe a tad more aggressive and less given to the "epic" sound. Actually, now that I think about it, maybe slightly closer to Hell's Animals / Daily Horror News era Risk might not be a bad comparison. The singer is smoother and higher pitched than Heimi Mikus ever was, though.
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

Korgüll wrote: Yeah, but is it any good? This is the question..
YES it is! :wink:
tomas

Post by tomas »

But does it slay witches?
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

And it's not really all that good either. Standard psych with some pretty amateurish playing.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
tomas

Post by tomas »

I like amateurish playing :)
But does it slay witches?
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

"Amateurish" playing can be very charming - I really like the Shelder LP - but in Mystic Shiva's case, it detracts from the music IMO. It's an OK album, but not the holy grail of psych collecting that some are making it out to be. I'd much rather listen to Morgen or JD Blackfoot or DR Hooker or any of those.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Keir

Post by Keir »

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-Private-Hard-R ... dZViewItem

Not only is this well over the regular eBay price of $35-40, but only a few hours after it ended I won this auction for a third the price! To top it off, when it arrived the other day, it came with a bunch of flyers, photos and even a hand written letter from a band member. Speaking of such things, is there a thread for sharing “surprises” you’ve found in items you’ve bought? I know I’ve heard lots of stories of people finding cool or unusual things tucked away inside a vinyl sleeve (and I have a few of my own to share).[/url]
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

tomas wrote:http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/MYSTIC-SIVA-LP- ... 0326393095

Not metal, but definitely insane!
I remember a few auctions that ended even higher some years ago!

I'm not psych rock's biggest fan on earth, but i've heard albums that were definitely better...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Keir wrote:is there a thread for sharing “surprises” you’ve found in items you’ve bought?
"Recent Metal Finds"
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:aahh!! i need this!!!
:shock:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Metal-Massacre-Meta ... 7C294%3A50
Yeah, that's a nice item! Seems to consistently sell in the $100-200 range depending on condition and having all the other stuff intact. I remember seeing one of these in the record store back when I was in college; I think it was $50. Of course, I was a broke college kid at the time; I could live on $50 for over a month
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky