Insane Ebay Auctions (OLD'n'locked)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

perishinflames wrote:
SideShow wrote:Had my second "insane" auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SA:US:1123
Not too shabby. Noticed though that a lot of yours are not going for too much, wonder why that is? Normally when someone lists that many rare CDs at once they go for astronomical prices. Maybe you sold at the wrong time, last fall I got a lot of crazy bidders (though caradepichi bought most of my real rares off-ebay), they seem to be a bit more conservative nowadays.. I was expecting to see some pricekillers-level nuts bids on more of your stuff.
There were a few that REALLY disappointed me (Despair, Devastation, Jewel), but for the most part I'm MORE than pleased. Several have gone for more than I would label as "average price". Maybe not insanity levels, but more than I was expecting. I blew a MASSIVE hole in what I thought my overall take would be (I reached that nearly 2 days ago). Everything since is just gravy!
oldskoolcollector

Post by oldskoolcollector »

Usurper already on 100, I guess it will double that amount!!
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

ROCO - Well then I don't have the reissue, maybe a little later version of original 1st press??

Perishinflames: I wouldn't agree here, sure there are some that didn't go as high as usual but mostly I'd say that Ben got very good if not insane prices (For example - Stretta is over $50 already but I won it for 1€ yesterday on ebay.de auction?!; Delicate News for $32 - again it was available for 3€ on ebay.de; $26 for Disarray which hardly goes for more than $1 and so on and on ... :D I for example only got 2 dollars for Bitter End CD :D

By the way, what is your ebay username? Did I just bought one rarity from you earlier today? :D
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

sovdat wrote:ROCO - Well then I don't have the reissue, maybe a little later version of original 1st press??

Yah, mine's the same. Exactly like Roco's, but has a barcode. UPC # isn't the same as the reissue (checked just to make sure). I'm thinking it's first press, but maybe manufactured in a different location. That, or it was pressed for release to a different country. It's one of the few I'm keeping for myself. :D
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

sovdat wrote:Disarray which hardly goes for more than $1 and so on and on ... :D I for example only got 2 dollars for Bitter End CD :D
I was thinking exactly the same thing about Disarray..

& Bitter End is not worth more than $2, it's pure junk!
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Yeah he did pretty well overall, but many things ended up a lot cheaper then I would have predicted. I don't think we've done business before sovdat (aside from that one trade), I prefer to remain anonymous so you don't go into my feedback profile and see all those antique Barbies I've been spending hundreds of dollars on... Oh shit, I let the cat out of the bag. Doesn't matter though, I don't sell on ebay anymore. Got tired of them taking 20%+ of my money, and otherwise screwing sellers over. When I sent a $300 parcel to Mexico (priority & registered w/ tracking), USPS web site confirmed it as delivered, but the guy still filed a paypal claim and they refunded him even though the parcel had indeed arrived, well that was the end of my ebay days. Total bullshit. Ebay bigwigs have no respect for the little sellers that made them millionaires, so screw them.
humus

Post by humus »

Somebody got fucked (again). This is a bootleg.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Shepherd-Unit ... 7C294%3A50

Probably all the rest of his demo auctions aswell.
http://completed.shop.ebay.com/merchant ... c=1&_rdc=2
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

i was just curious how much some famous ebay sellers are selling their stuffs for.
and i checked their last sale result. :D

drgoon_jpn : sold 273 items, average sale price per item = $37
kreator72 : sold about 100 items, average = $33
thallos81 : sold 211 items, average = $26
pricekillers001 : sold about 350 items, average = $22
apoisontree : sold 66 items, average = $21

of course, they are not selling same items.
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

I'm not "famous" on eBay (first time I've listed a bunch of stuff seriously.....probably last time too) but my average so far is rough $27 each.
humus

Post by humus »

They're all making ebay and paypal more rich.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

gigadeth wrote: thallos81 : sold 211 items, average = $26
This is because the average includes items that didn't sell? Most of his starting bids are higher than that...
humus wrote:They're all making ebay and paypal more rich.
I think Google should start an auction site. They might do it right, and because it's Google, people might actually start using it. ebay is more or less a monopoly (at least if you want your items noticed). They can do whatever the hell they want.
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

perishinflames wrote:
gigadeth wrote: thallos81 : sold 211 items, average = $26
This is because the average includes items that didn't sell? Most of his starting bids are higher than that...
he sold over 400 items last time, so a half of them was unsold. and the average is only for his sold items. so it means many of his items whose starting bid is $24.99 or more, was unsold.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

gigadeth wrote:he sold over 400 items last time, so a half of them was unsold. and the average is only for his sold items. so it means many of his items whose starting bid is $24.99 or more, was unsold.
This just confirms that prices on many CDs are down.. Before he would always sell probably 90% of each run, even stuff that was initially priced double the going rate got many bids in the past. At the least it shows that bidders are being more frugal, and not as devoted to the 'famous' sellers as if they were a brand name..
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

gigadeth wrote:i was just curious how much some famous ebay sellers are selling their stuffs for.
and i checked their last sale result. :D

drgoon_jpn : sold 273 items, average sale price per item = $37
kreator72 : sold about 100 items, average = $33
thallos81 : sold 211 items, average = $26
pricekillers001 : sold about 350 items, average = $22
apoisontree : sold 66 items, average = $21

of course, they are not selling same items.
Where can you see the average?
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

sovdat wrote:Where can you see the average?
Just add up the total amount of sales & divide by number of items sold :?
:wink:
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?