Insane Ebay Auctions (OLD'n'locked)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
humus

Post by humus »

Overpaid the Target record!
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

humus wrote:Overpaid the Target record!
I dont think so. I ended paying 1,50 EUR shipping per LP on that lot. If I'm to look for that particular LP elsewhere I'd have to find it for under 7 EUR so it would cost me 17 with the shipping to USA... definitely not worth the effort in my opinion.

Besides 16,99 is a worth price for this album. The bloody CD constantly sells for over $180-200 and it doesnt even have a booklet! :roll:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:The bloody CD constantly sells for over $180-200 and it doesnt even have a booklet! :roll:
Huh?

What do you consider a "booklet"?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
humus

Post by humus »

stormspell wrote:
humus wrote:Overpaid the Target record!
I dont think so. I ended paying 1,50 EUR shipping per LP on that lot. If I'm to look for that particular LP elsewhere I'd have to find it for under 7 EUR so it would cost me 17 with the shipping to USA... definitely not worth the effort in my opinion.

Besides 16,99 is a worth price for this album. The bloody CD constantly sells for over $180-200 and it doesnt even have a booklet! :roll:
Hmm, you still paid €17 for a record I could pick up at any record fair for €5. But if you're happy, that's all that matters ofcourse!
The CD indeed kinda sucks. Atleast with the LP you have the big artwork. Glad I made a ton selling it. I will never understand CD-collectors, but I will gladly take their money :lol:
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Avenger wrote:
stormspell wrote:The bloody CD constantly sells for over $180-200 and it doesnt even have a booklet! :roll:
Huh?

Booklet = something which has multiple pages loaded with info, lyrics, pictures on it. Something tangible and meaningful that you can read you know.

Single piece of paper or simple foldout the way AAARRG, Brainstorm/Aurophone, Spv pricekillers, or NRR releases came with are not booklets in my opinion, but el-cheapo budget inserts. Booklets should be stapled and at least 8 pages or more.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

humus wrote:Hmm, you still paid €17 for a record I could pick up at any record fair for €5. But if you're happy, that's all that matters ofcourse!
The CD indeed kinda sucks. Atleast with the LP you have the big artwork. Glad I made a ton selling it. I will never understand CD-collectors, but I will gladly take their money :lol:
Well, you live in Belgium and can see TARGET LPs for €5, but here in Bay Area I can guarantee you I may spend my entire life browsing pawnshops and flea markets and never see this particular LP.

But it is the same I guess as I still can see tons of local Bay Area thrash releases now and then which I could buy for $5, and for which European fans constantly pay many times over on eGay...

In that line of logic for me €16.99 was a decent price. I have the CD already, but I need the LP coz one day I'll move back to Bulgaria and will open that metal club/bar I've been dreaming about, and this LP will be framed on the wall, along with countless other classics.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Huh?

Booklet = something which has multiple pages loaded with info, lyrics, pictures on it. Something tangible and meaningful that you can read you know.

Single piece of paper or simple foldout the way AAARRG, Brainstorm/Aurophone, Spv pricekillers, or NRR releases came with are not booklets in my opinion, but el-cheapo budget inserts. Booklets should be stapled and at least 8 pages or more.
Fair enough.

CD's "booklets" have drastically changed since the early days.

I don't recall any CD's that actually came with an 8+ page booklet that is actually a frist presing from the 80's though.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Avenger wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Huh?

Fair enough.

I don't recall any CD's that actually came with an 8+ page booklet that is actually a frist presing from the 80's though.
The Japanese pressings did.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:
Avenger wrote:
stormspell wrote:

Fair enough.

The Japanese pressings did.
Many Japanese pressings aren't originals though, or are released "after the fact", licensed pressings, etc.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

stormspell wrote:but here in Bay Area I can guarantee you I may spend my entire life browsing pawnshops and flea markets
Speaking of which, how is Rasputins these days? The one downtown?
I remember being there 2002 & they had great secondhand sections on different floors upstairs..
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
GJ

Post by GJ »

Avenger wrote: CD's "booklets" have drastically changed since the early days.

I have early (ie from the eighties - not sure if they're "frist presing" though :D ) pressings of Powerslave and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son at home (US promo of the latter so it should be "frist" :D Sorry!) and they both have at least 8 pages if I'm not mistaken.
Mazez

Post by Mazez »

I've got one I did myself. I purchased the Attaxe "unit G" demo from Bernard Doe for over $80. Was it worth it? Probably not. But sometimes I just "NEED".
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Korgüll wrote:
stormspell wrote:but here in Bay Area I can guarantee you I may spend my entire life browsing pawnshops and flea markets
Speaking of which, how is Rasputins these days? The one downtown?
I remember being there 2002 & they had great secondhand sections on different floors upstairs..
If by downtown you mean the one in San Francisco - I've never been there as it is like 85 miles away from me. There's another one in Mountain View where I stop time to time. It has decent used CD and LP sections (I've scored some good wax in their $1 LP bin in the past) - but nowadays everything is picked up clean. I have a feeling there are employees which cherry-pick everything that can go on eGay beforehand (or if I see something it will be at eBay prices...)
DeathLörd

Post by DeathLörd »

sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Predicted final price? ~ $750? I'm also wondering for how much will that Innocence LP go ...