Insane Ebay Auctions (OLD'n'locked)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Yeah, there must be something about that album that we metal folks aren't aware of. That, or someone's bidding on their own records trying to generate hype
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Hmm, I wish someone will put a bid on the CD I'm selling ... ;)

I had a romantic idea that noone will see this auction and I'll get it for around $50 ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEATHRIDER-requiem- ... dZViewItem

;)

Winner was rituallyabused, I suppose that he was the 2nd one on the Deathrider CD auction that ended several months ago (cca $260, winner was thrashkingmorizo1970)
Satan is Our Pal

Post by Satan is Our Pal »

Keir wrote:What the hell? The first one you posted surprised me, but that is unbelievable! Is there something that makes this collectable for fans of that genre?
I don't think so, picked up my cop for less than £10. I've seen it for sale numerous times for around the same price. I think this is strictly a one off. It's great stuff though.
Battlescarred The Story of Ebony Records
www.myspace.com/476306938
daniel wrote: Mr. ultimate metalmaster.
Satan is Our Pal

nightsblood wrote:Yeah, there must be something about that album that we metal folks aren't aware of. That, or someone's bidding on their own records trying to generate hype
I don't think the record is anything special, the winning bidder had feedback of 1000+, I get the feeling that it may be a couple of the bands themselves batling it out for the record. I've tracked down two of the bands from this comp during my detective work.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Funny thing about "Synthetic Romance": It's the ONLY album I've gotten "do you have a copy for sale? Do you?! DO YOU!?!!"-emails about since I started up the Metal label pages - 3 of them actually. I don't know why but for some reason it's a highly sought-after release among new wave/new romantic/electro-collectors..

And welcome back, Kiki! :D We've missed your.. eh..? Chutzpah?
Satan is Our Pal

DaN wrote:Funny thing about "Synthetic Romance": It's the ONLY album I've gotten "do you have a copy for sale? Do you?! DO YOU!?!!"-emails about since I started up the Metal label pages - 3 of them actually. I don't know why but for some reason it's a highly sought-after release among new wave/new romantic/electro-collectors..

And welcome back, Kiki! :D We've missed your.. eh..? Chutzpah?
I'm tempted to flog mine.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Satan is Our Pal wrote:I'm tempted to flog mine.
You just put up JUNO'S CLAW on ebay and you're "temped" to get rid off a new wave-comp? :lol:

(Fair enough, just make sure make a rip of it before it flies since I'm sort of a closet fan of the genre..)
Satan is Our Pal

DaN wrote:
Satan is Our Pal wrote:I'm tempted to flog mine.
You just put up JUNO'S CLAW on ebay and you're "temped" to get rid off a new wave-comp? :lol:

(Fair enough, just make sure make a rip of it before it flies since I'm sort of a closet fan of the genre..)
I had three of the Juno's 45, which I simply don't rate at all. Got some dirty cash for the unplayed one I had. I like the SR LP, I'm a fan out of the closet.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

It is sad to think that the most expensive record on Ebony might just be a non-metal release. ugh.
DaN wrote:Funny thing about "Synthetic Romance": It's the ONLY album I've gotten "do you have a copy for sale? Do you?! DO YOU!?!!"-emails about since I started up the Metal label pages - 3 of them actually. I don't know why but for some reason it's a highly sought-after release among new wave/new romantic/electro-collectors..
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

doomedplanet wrote:It is sad to think that the most expensive record on Ebony might just be a non-metal release. ugh.
Yes, irony at its most amusing.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:Hmm, I wish someone will put a bid on the CD I'm selling ... ;)

I had a romantic idea that noone will see this auction and I'll get it for around $50 ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEATHRIDER-requiem- ... dZViewItem

;)

Winner was rituallyabused, I suppose that he was the 2nd one on the Deathrider CD auction that ended several months ago (cca $260, winner was thrashkingmorizo1970)
Yes, this was one of my watched listings recently as well.

I have to admit that this CD has been on my want list for some time now, but due to how damn average this band is a(nd that's stretching it) I just can't justify paying that kind of money for this.

I guess that makes two of us that have the same dream of picking this up randomly for cheap.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

DaN wrote:And welcome back, Kiki! :D We've missed your.. eh..? Chutzpah?
:lol: haha, yeah I know you can't live without me babe! BTW, what is "Chutzpah" luv?
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Ensiferum2k7

Post by Ensiferum2k7 »

hahah bought this for like 4 dollars at the record store
It's actually a pretty common cd at the record stores around here. I've seen it countless times.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FATES-WARNING-AWAKE ... otohosting
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

They would have manufactured 1000's of them.
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?