Insane Ebay Auctions (OLD'n'locked)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Khm, I don't know, but everyone here (I don't mean the forum) agreed that the guy definitely has no "musical ear" (yeah, I looked into dictionary for the correct translation heh). Well, to each his own ;)
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

BlackStele wrote:I haven't seen any other GOLDEN Ripper vinyl copy 1of 100, so what you're saying is just out of the question.
Excuse me, just because you've never seen one, means it cannot possibly exist?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I think that's what this sticker is about:
humus wrote:My Copy is 1/100

He could just mean he has one copy out of a pressing of a hundred.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Avenger wrote:Quit trolling Blackstele...

What happened to:
Blackstele wrote:Well, that was it, FUCK OFF, no more posts from me in this place._
??????????????
when was that

blackstele sure is a character?
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
GJ

Post by GJ »

What happened to:
Blackstele wrote:Well, that was it, FUCK OFF, no more posts from me in this place._
??????????????
Shouldn't you, being a moderator, rather welcome blackstele back than question her return? All people should be entitled to their own convictions/beliefs. Sure you must be able to question this, but theres no need to be downright insulting - seems you've both quite eagerly (unknowingly?) fed the fire though. Still, to me all characters are welcome!

About the sticker. Well maybe it should be interpreted as being mere one copy out of the hundred pressed? At least that makes sense linguistically. Have any of you made aquaintance with this kind of "marking" before?
msp

Post by msp »

I suspect that it means there are 100 copies in that colour and this is "one of" not the only "one"
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
GJ

Post by GJ »

...not the only 1 one. :D
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

What happened to:
??????????????

Haha, calm down babe, I DON'T intent to return...I just considered fair FOR ME to defend myself against someone who spoke shit bout me, eventhough I haven't posted here for some months, now you can go to sleep, and have sweet, quite dreams Mr old-goose gossip No1... :roll:

AND YES, I'LL KEEP A CLOSE EYE TO EVERYONE WHO WOULD DARE TO ACCUSE ME OF TALKING BULLSHIT!

OH, and you can delete my post, I don't realy care._
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

this was not meant to be an accusation, but whatever, sorry if I obviously used the wrong words!
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

now that's an idea
it's not numbered, it just says 1 out of 100 Idea
would make sense
It is exactly like that, I have seen about 5 copies in my life and all have this promo sticker that you are the owner of 1 out of 100 copis that is all...
GJ

Post by GJ »

I can imagine one hundred big time heavy metal collectors planning break-in, arson and even murder at this very moment! :D
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Fils Du Metal wrote:

now that's an idea
it's not numbered, it just says 1 out of 100 Idea
would make sense
It is exactly like that, I have seen about 5 copies in my life and all have this promo sticker that you are the owner of 1 out of 100 copis that is all...
That's a bit strange...sorry, but that does not make sense... :?: I've seen some copies that have different numbers, so what might have happened...some mistake from the very start, or what??
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

I think there was another thread about this LP a few years back.

At the time I showed a Pic of 2 copies side by side with the 1 of 100 sticker.

Jim's copy came from Dave Richards around 1995 when we went to his house. The other copy I had at the time came from a large collection we purchased in 1997. I believe both to be original.

Most Gold vinyl will look Yellow. At the time in the 80's you couldn't really make GOLD vinyl unless it was don't like a Pic Disk. You could make Yellow and different shades of Yellow (by adding Black, White or Clear) but that was all. and this was not a science as it was done by hand and technically every one would be a little different. Some folks called this GOLD but it is all in the eye of the beholder.
Last edited by Glockose on Thu May 28, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

ALSO

We are dealling with Dave Richards NOTHING is set in stone.....
He could still have more, Still have stickers, Print more today, Make anything he wants at any time..... No Question... I've seen the man in action.

Sorry but this is TRUE

Funny, Sad, But True story.

When I was their in 95 I purchased what he said was a test press only for the Cassle 4 song EP. He told us he only had made 10 copies and it was never released.

A year or so later he called and said he found the other 9 copies in a box in his storage (Crazy place don't know how you would find anything) I send him $900 for the 9 copies Months when by and I received nothing.

I called and he said he was working on it as he wanted to make sure these were the right test presses and didn't have a turn table working so he was looking for his master list of Matrix #'s

Another 2 weeks and I get a BIG box in the mail (What is this) 100 copies of the test press (Hold on he said he only made 10 and I already had 1)

I called and he told me the tests he found were not Cassle. So he pulled the original plates (he has them for everything I saw them) and pressed 100 more.

At the time I could have sold them as original and no one would have known. But Jim and I printed cover and hand #'ed them 1-100 and sold them as a second (official) press. And that is what everyone know today as "Midnight Fantasy EP".

I believe Dave could do this with any record he wants to. I saw the operation and it is crazy.
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

:shock: That's CRAZY, John, but, I think you're right...at least it makes more sense than everything else that was written here...that explains the various and double numbers, so, thanx a lot for clearing this out!