Insane Ebay Auctions (OLD'n'locked)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

The Knell wrote:the stickers sez gold vinyl #1, if you look closely
now are these blackstele's pictures and this auction is a fraud or did blackstele told bullshit
Choose the first one...You're invited to my house to see my vin copy by yourself...now, don't bother yourself with me again, thank you and good night._

EDIT:

No photoshop edit for my sticker's pic, so that you can see the difference...
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

BlackStele wrote:
The Knell wrote:the stickers sez gold vinyl #1, if you look closely
now are these blackstele's pictures and this auction is a fraud or did blackstele told bullshit
Choose the first one...You're invited to my house to see my vin copy by yourself...now, don't bother yourself with me again, thank you and good night._

EDIT:

No photoshop edit for my sticker's pic, so that you can see the difference...
weird stuff indeed. maybe several same numbers exist?
(ill bother if I need to)
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
humus

Post by humus »

My Copy is 1/100

He could just mean he has one copy out of a pressing of a hundred.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Blacksteles looks golden. The one in the auction looks yellow. Maybe Azra released several coloured versions but never bothered to change the sticker?

If you look closely at the different pictures, you can see that the stickers are not on the exact same place. In the auction the sticker is tilted to the right, Blacksteles sticker is horizontal.

My two cents: Not the same picture.
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

probably the guy mixed the yellow vinyl edition with some nice photoshoped "1 of 100" sticker..hehe...hilarious...now you can say whatever you want, pictures talk by themselves(the colour difference between the original and the one on the egay action is obvious though..)

P.S: @The Knell, I can understand your vital need to feed on old-goose gossip, up to a point..but when it gets beyond the scope, then it becomes really sick.. :roll:
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

humus wrote:My Copy is 1/100

He could just mean he has one copy out of a pressing of a hundred.
no it's 1 / 100 in the picture. Look closely

P.S. Blackstele , what the hell ?
we're eat babies flesh
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

BlackStele wrote:You're invited to my house to see my vin copy by yourself...now, don't bother yourself with me again, thank you and good night.
First you invite him, then you ask him not to bother you? In the same sentence? Come on, no need to turn this into a flame war.

I still believe these are two completely different copies. The stickers are placed differently.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Khnud wrote:
I still believe these are two completely different copies. The stickers are placed differently.
Well I guess the stickers are hand assembled , so maybe they didnt bother to put these always on the same spot
we're eat babies flesh
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Usually the foil stickers are silk-screened and numbering on 100 stickers would be waaay to costly, if possible at all. I'd wager Azra printed 100 "1/100" stickers so everyone got #1 :lol:
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

blackstele- thank you for posting detailed pics of your copy. Was there a later yellow vinyl pressing? (please see my note below regarding Jim's copy).

The sticker in both pictures says "1 of 100", not "1/100". The interpretation is still subject to debate though.

I assume sticker placement and orientation could vary slightly. The stickers appear different colors, but if it's a foil sticker that could easily be a trick of the light when the picture was taken.

Looking at the picture of Jim Cranford's copy, which was auctioned on ebay last year, it also shows up yellow like the current ebay copy rather than gold like blackstele's copy. Thus, the color of the vinyl does not indicate the new ebay copy is a fake- either it's just the lighting making it look yellow instead of gold, or there were yellow AND gold copies made. The other option is that Jim also owned a 'fake' yellow copy but I think he would've known the difference or would've said so in the listing.

Jim's copy did not have the sticker (or at least it wasn't visible in the picture) so the numbering is still subject to debate. Does anyone else own a copy that has the sticker intact so we can determine whether they all say "1 of 100" or whether they're individually numbered? Stormspell has a good point; with that kind of sticker they might all say "1 of 100" rather than being individually numbered.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can shed some additional light on this little mystery.
Last edited by nightsblood on Thu May 28, 2009 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

now that's an idea
it's not numbered, it just says 1 out of 100 :idea:
would make sense
we're eat babies flesh
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

nightsblood wrote:blackstele- thank you for posting detailed pics of your copy. Was there a later yellow vinyl pressing? (please see my note below regarding Jim's copy).

The sticker in both pictures says "1 of 100", not "1/100". The interpretation is still subject to debate though.

I assume sticker placement and orientation could vary slightly. The stickers appear different colors, but if it's a foil sticker that could easily be a trick of the light when the picture was taken.

Looking at the picture of Jim Cranford's copy, which was auctioned on ebay last year, it also shows up yellow like the current ebay copy rather than gold like blackstele's copy. Thus, the color of the vinyl does not indicate the new ebay copy is a fake- either it's just the lighting making it look yellow instead of gold, or there were yellow AND gold copies made. The other option is that Jim also owned a 'fake' yellow copy but I think he would've known the difference or would've said so in the listing.

Jim's copy did not have the sticker (or at least it wasn't visible in the picture) so the numbering is still subject to debate. Does anyone else own a copy that has the sticker intact so we can determine whether they all say "1 of 100" or whether they're individually numbered? Stormspell has a good point; with that kind of sticker they might all say "1 of 100" rather than being individually numbered.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can shed some additional light on this little mystery.
It is obvious, and I will say it again: There are recent YELLOW vinyl re-releases, and not GOLDEN. My copy is GOLDEN. You see, I scanned it on purpose, so you can see the difference. I haven't seen any other GOLDEN Ripper vinyl copy 1of 100, so what you're saying is just out of the question. The egay guy is an impostor. I don't know him, but claiming that he sells the "LEGENDARY MONSTER:( :lol: ), whilst I hold my original and ONLY copy in my hands, makes me think that he is a total ignorant as well...But, come on, what's so big fuss bout that? :?

Oh, and last but not least:
First you invite him, then you ask him not to bother you? In the same sentence?
YEAH, I'm Fire and Ice dear! :lol:
Last edited by BlackStele on Thu May 28, 2009 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

http://cgi.ebay.de/Tribulance-Trials-Tr ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0327318941

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0313077161

A couple of months ago he wrote the very praising review on metal-treasures, where he also mentioned that "I've only seen 2 copies during the last 10 years!!!! " - and there was at least 1 more he sold too in the past ... and it's also available for 120 eur from his list ... :D

Ray from Innerfear, who had some connections with Tribulance, said that it's a very rare CD, but it more likely seems that this is yet another US metal CD from the 90s, that was made to believe it was rare, while the band itself still had copies for sale (like Throes of Sanity, Butcher, Maximus, and the list goes on and on ...) (maybe Claus bought the whole unsold stock??).

Thankfully I sold mine for the buying price after discovering how crappy it was :D
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Quit trolling Blackstele...

What happened to:
Blackstele wrote:Well, that was it, FUCK OFF, no more posts from me in this place._
??????????????
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

First of all Tribulance is a first class US metal cd with fantastic high-pitched vocals totally recommended to all the fans of the genre and WAY better than all those crappy "thrash/trash" albums which the "clever" thrashers paying $$$$ for those.

I don't know why he is sending "selfmade" backcovers my copy has definetely an original one (it was sealed) so he made the correction in cd's description (information from a band member).

Of course it's some kind of Hypocrisy Claus is not the only one as a lot of guys buying stocks of US indie metal stuff (or getting for free!) & resell them for a lot of $$. Throes of Sanity, Maximus etc... You are all doing the same guys... In the top of the list all these German/Swiss "collectors" with more than 50 Axiom cds/lps copies...