Insane Ebay Auctions (OLD'n'locked)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

deathster wrote:
The Knell wrote:That Salem auction was very fishy. But Id love to have an original.
The same auction again...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Salem-Destruction-T ... 7C294%3A50
Suddenly it's not his friend but only someone named Dean
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Yeah, it seems there is an East European TARGET - Master Project Genesis bootleg in circulation as there is a Bulgarian seller offering second copy already within a week on eBay...

I hate to break the news in so early stages, but I'm in a process of licensing and re-releasing both TARGET albums from AAARRG with expanded booklets and bonuses. So dont buy the eBay bootlegs :wink:

I'm going to explore the option of registering for the VeRO program on eBay and start reporting all bootleg auctions for immediate removal.
oldskoolcollector

Post by oldskoolcollector »

stormspell wrote:Yeah, it seems there is an East European TARGET - Master Project Genesis bootleg in circulation as there is a Bulgarian seller offering second copy already within a week on eBay...

I hate to break the news in so early stages, but I'm in a process of licensing and re-releasing both TARGET albums from AAARRG with expanded booklets and bonuses. So dont buy the eBay bootlegs :wink:

I'm going to explore the option of registering for the VeRO program on eBay and start reporting all bootleg auctions for immediate removal.
Actually, it is the third Target he sell. And it turns up many times.

@Sovdat, did you already received a second copy?

Cheers!
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Not yet, it should be here any time.

Fuck Off CD reissue from '06 was sold for $50 yesterday - is that out of print now or what?!
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

sovdat wrote:Not yet, it should be here any time.

Fuck Off CD reissue from '06 was sold for $50 yesterday - is that out of print now or what?!
No it is not out of print, I just had 20 copies in stock which promptly sold out for $13.99 each. I'll stock more if it so "hot" on eGay :).

Boštjan, get back to me when you receive that TARGET boot. I'd be interested to know if it really have the correct matrix number on.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

oldskoolcollector wrote:Actually, it is the third Target he sell. And it turns up many times.
Yeah I figured that out. I'm not really concerned as far as they keep sneaking em as originals for big bucks which only attract ebay nutbidders. Interesting thing is whoever booted it is keeping it for himself and several close affiliates and not spreading it out as Greeks do. I wonder if I should nuke them off eBay, or just let them be. I'm kinda concerned if I make eBay ban em, they can unload to the usual distros which will be worse than having several selling as originals on eGay.

I just had a conversation with the seller alwayssalo which looks like a legit seller from California, but guess what - he is Russian too, and pretty arrogant bastard on top on that :lol:
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

I myself hope that the price of the original one will drop now that many big bucks payers will buy the bootlegs. But of course if there's no easy way to distinguish between the two versions, then it will be impossible to take advantage of it ;)
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

stormspell wrote:Yeah, it seems there is an East European TARGET - Master Project Genesis bootleg in circulation as there is a Bulgarian seller offering second copy already within a week on eBay...

no way! finally some decent re-issues!...btw imma get ur Xinr and the Jonah Quizz together soon, i need to know prices shippping costs etc Iordan
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:no way! finally some decent re-issues!...btw imma get ur Xinr and the Jonah Quizz together soon, i need to know prices shippping costs etc Iordan
Unfortunately those re-issues are coming quite slow and the fucking bootleggers beat me up to it, as usual... Anyway, they should be worth the $11.99 with as much extras as possible.

The best shipping option to Mexico would be in flat-rate Express EMS small package, which is $25.95 and can fit up to 8 CDs with jewel cases, or about 25-30 without jewel cases (safely packed with plenty of cardboard for protection).
Keir

Post by Keir »

Someone got a good deal on Hammeron.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Keir wrote:Someone got a good deal on Hammeron.
There's been at least 3 copies on ebay already this year, so the market for this album might be a bit saturated right now.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
deathster

Post by deathster »

Onslaught "distro" style demo
http://cgi.ebay.com/Onslaught-rare-demo ... 7C294%3A50
Distro style = self made?
gauze

Post by gauze »

[quote="deathster"]Onslaught "distro" style demo
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/Onslaught-rare-demo ... 7C294%3A50[/url]
Distro style = self made?[/quote]

Distro style=pirate/bootleg more or less, this (was) a common thing in the hardcore/punk scene, there are people who sell copies of rare tapes for "normal" prices (usually like $3-$5ppd), remembering Onslaught started as a HC band ...
the future language
deathster

Post by deathster »

Yeah, Onslaught came from punk scene. He is selling also Voi Vod distro-style demo. Very clever (and fishy) presentation from seller. Distro-style sound better than selfmade / bootleg.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »