How much does XY LP / CD cost?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Nasty Uwe wrote:
Trigger wrote:
Nasty Uwe wrote:SALEM'S LAW "Tale of goblins breed" (zyx)

?
Prices range from 20-40 euros,depending on your luck,this is one of my favorite German LP's!!
Thanks.
I'd like to have it on vinyl, but would also buy the CD for a reasonable price.
Yes, great band.

There is another CD of that band, containing later recordings ('90-'92), released as an gimmick to the Book "Generation Rock" (2008).
I haven't looked for the CD version of this since I bought my copy quite a few years ago but back then you sure as hell couldn't pick up a copy for 20-40 euros, at least at the regular online sources. Perhaps things have changed...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Avenger wrote:
Nasty Uwe wrote:
Trigger wrote:
Prices range from 20-40 euros,depending on your luck,this is one of my favorite German LP's!!
Thanks.
I'd like to have it on vinyl, but would also buy the CD for a reasonable price.
Yes, great band.

There is another CD of that band, containing later recordings ('90-'92), released as an gimmick to the Book "Generation Rock" (2008).
I haven't looked for the CD version of this since I bought my copy quite a few years ago but back then you sure as hell couldn't pick up a copy for 20-40 euros, at least at the regular online sources. Perhaps things have changed...
I was talking about the LP version,I have no idea about the CD price range bu I know it's a bit rarer than the vinyl!I'd also like to hear the second CD (Generation Rock),anyone knows where to find it or maybe a price range for this?
Never trust the Goblin King....
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

Trigger wrote:I'd also like to hear the second CD (Generation Rock),anyone knows where to find it or maybe a price range for this?
The book was written by SALEM'S LAW guitar player Frank Schäfer (german language) and includes that CD (can be found on ebay easily).
I don't think the CD is being sold without the book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTRGj1hYVM0

Enjoy. :D
See the flash of lightning cutting the edge of steel!
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Nasty Uwe wrote:
Trigger wrote:I'd also like to hear the second CD (Generation Rock),anyone knows where to find it or maybe a price range for this?
The book was written by SALEM'S LAW guitar player Frank Schäfer (german language) and includes that CD (can be found on ebay easily).
I don't think the CD is being sold without the book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTRGj1hYVM0

Enjoy. :D
Cheers mate!
Well,it's nothing like the first Salem's Law,more of the classic German sound is what I hear,but still good,off to make a research :P
Never trust the Goblin King....
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

The CD is easily 50€+, but it's certainly not as rare as this description suggests: http://www.ebay.de/itm/200638668169

Excellent album, too bad for the godawful "Dreams of Love" :roll:
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

What's the Evil Sinner CD really worth? I might be able to trade for it, but I don't really think it's worth it seeing as I could get the LP for ~$35.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

perishinflames wrote:What's the Evil Sinner CD really worth? I might be able to trade for it, but I don't really think it's worth it seeing as I could get the LP for ~$35.
$200+ easily.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
CloudsOfMetal

Post by CloudsOfMetal »

What's the value of Cyclone - Inferior To None CD?
only the heaviest weather available
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

CloudsOfMetal wrote:What's the value of Cyclone - Inferior To None CD?
Easily $100+, from what I know.
humus

Post by humus »

Saw one for €15 two days ago, but didn't buy it because I already have it. Label sold a LOT of deadstock CD's for around €40 a few years ago on ebay. Used to be more rare/expensive before they kind of flooded the market (same for LP-version).
CloudsOfMetal

Post by CloudsOfMetal »

Nasty Uwe wrote:
Holy shit, I paid only like 18 euros for it. The matrix number is the same as on the original, so now I just have to hope that it's not a stealthy boot.
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

I always thought that this CD is some kind of holy grail for Thrash CD collectors (and therefor very expensive)???
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

CloudsOfMetal wrote:
Nasty Uwe wrote:
Holy shit, I paid only like 18 euros for it. The matrix number is the same as on the original, so now I just have to hope that it's not a stealthy boot.
The original has a typical Sony DADC style matrix. Boot is the typical Greek bootleg style. I sold my original for $99 a few years ago. It doesn't sell for as much now as it did in years past (as humus said, some unsold copies turned up).
CloudsOfMetal

Post by CloudsOfMetal »

Even if someone would buy it for such a high amount of dosh I wouldn't sell it because it's a reaaally good album, liking it more after every listen and I never actually guessed that Cyclone's second album would be a this great. I've seen some other underrated and rare thrash albums go for cheap. On my local music shop there was a copy of Vulture's Fatal Games for 50 euros, but it was gone when I asked is it still there.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

$40-$50?