Complete collections lists

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
sovdat

Complete collections lists

Post by sovdat »

I was just wondering if anyone here has his entire music collection listed somewhere on the net, be it on cd-tracker, metal archives - metal collection, just plain notepad lists or whatever. Just for the fun. :)

Anyhow, here's mine: http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/sovdat

Not much, but I have enough time to fill my wants in the next decades :)
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

The bulk of my collection is here:

http://rateyourmusic.com/~Dr_Keloid

Still adding artists & releases day by day.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:The bulk of my collection is here:

http://rateyourmusic.com/~Dr_Keloid

Still adding artists & releases day by day.
The "D'oh"-list = laff of the day :lol:
IronBloodBlasphemy

Post by IronBloodBlasphemy »

I keep mine in one giant word doc. file which I pretty much update w/every new package I receive. It was a pain in the ass to do at first, but it was worth it in retrospect--esp when your collection consists of thousands of items. If anyone wants to tape/cdr trade send me a pm, and I'll send you my list.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

IronBloodBlasphemy wrote:I keep mine in one giant word doc. file which I pretty much update w/every new package I receive. It was a pain in the ass to do at first, but it was worth it in retrospect--esp when your collection consists of thousands of items. If anyone wants to tape/cdr trade send me a pm, and I'll send you my list.
I have updated my list for about 20 years. To do it from the start these days would be certainly a pain in the ass :D
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

Jesus -fuck doin' that.... :lol:
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

metalmaster wrote:
IronBloodBlasphemy wrote:I keep mine in one giant word doc. file which I pretty much update w/every new package I receive. It was a pain in the ass to do at first, but it was worth it in retrospect--esp when your collection consists of thousands of items. If anyone wants to tape/cdr trade send me a pm, and I'll send you my list.
I have updated my list for about 20 years. To do it from the start these days would be certainly a pain in the ass :D
OMG, I've tried to list my complete collection in the past, but I never made it...it is impossible! :x No matter how hard I may concentrate, I always leave something outside, and then I start all over again, deleting and re-writing lists...that's so God-damn tiring! In fact I find listing all the time veeery tiring... :?
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Helm

Post by Helm »

Constant list-making (and list-pondering for that matter) are obsessive-compulsive anxiety disorder traits :)

Having digitized all my music makes it easy to know at any time what I listen to.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

I have tried several times to make a list. But the more years pass the more difficult it is. I never made it to the end. I doubt I will complete anything in the future. I start but I give up a few hundred items into chore :( .
I am ... the One you warned me of
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

If you don't want to lose to much time, RateYourMusic could be interresting !
All the Records that are already in the Database, you just have to click on a "i own this"-button and if you want on a button for the format (CD or Vinyl, etc.).
This gives you already a list of what you have and you can export the list !

Mine is here :
http://rateyourmusic.com/~tbieri
then click on the "collection" button

Sadly i was not very busy lately, so till now i only have added about 30% of what i have !
humus

Post by humus »

I keep an excel file, it was quite complete concerning my originals. Untill I had a hard disk crash last week and I lost all the information I added in the last 5 months. :evil:
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

I made a list on a spreadsheet, firstly with recording, but now with records themselves (in process of modification), that will be better for insuring the records (an idea which may sound greedy, but when you have bought and traded records since more than 15 years, you prefer to get more than your eyes to cry if a fire or a theft occurs...).

I'll plan to do it as a database (using OOBase, one cas use access too), with forms, requests, etc, but I have to plan it carefully and be used to the software before. I'm a beginner, and I have to give a million thanks to a friend for his precious help on this subject.
Gott ist tot.
AndyWhite

Post by AndyWhite »

tbieri wrote:If you don't want to lose to much time, RateYourMusic could be interresting !
All the Records that are already in the Database, you just have to click on a "i own this"-button and if you want on a button for the format (CD or Vinyl, etc.).
This gives you already a list of what you have and you can export the list !
Don't forget to add the actual release. It's heavy to bear that task alone!

almost finished with my collection. Not so impressive, but I've got enough to make trillions of mixed tapes.
http://rateyourmusic.com/~AndyWhite
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

I have mine in a spreadsheet that I update as i get new stuff. Not a very big collection, but it helps when it comes to tape-trading.... of course, hardly anyone trades anymore :(

Spreadsheet data I keep:
artist, country, title, year of release, subgenre, date I got it, format(s) I own it on, whether or not I have a digital copy (for u/l-burning), value, content comments, grade (how much I like it)
yeah, I'm a bit anal retentive :)
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

compared to most here a rather small one yet, not done with typing in and there are couples on the way , but not that much

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/parabellum
Last edited by The Knell on Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.