Complete collections lists

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

Not 100% updated. And the Maiden parts is totaly fucked up, I still need to add about 300 Maiden titles, not sure if I will ever get around to do it. I keep an excel list of my Maiden collection with much, much more details.

http://pop.nu/show_collection.asp?user=5147
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

nightsblood wrote:I have mine in a spreadsheet that I update as i get new stuff. Not a very big collection, but it helps when it comes to tape-trading.... of course, hardly anyone trades anymore :(

Spreadsheet data I keep:
artist, country, title, year of release, subgenre, date I got it, format(s) I own it on, whether or not I have a digital copy (for u/l-burning), value, content comments, grade (how much I like it)
yeah, I'm a bit anal retentive :)
I need a spreadsheet like that! Is it possible to convert it to Open Office (I'm guessing you use Excel) and send me the template?
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Khnud wrote:
nightsblood wrote:I have mine in a spreadsheet that I update as i get new stuff. Not a very big collection, but it helps when it comes to tape-trading.... of course, hardly anyone trades anymore :(

Spreadsheet data I keep:
artist, country, title, year of release, subgenre, date I got it, format(s) I own it on, whether or not I have a digital copy (for u/l-burning), value, content comments, grade (how much I like it)
yeah, I'm a bit anal retentive :)
I need a spreadsheet like that! Is it possible to convert it to Open Office (I'm guessing you use Excel) and send me the template?
Maybe, I'll look into it and find out. I do use excel but my wife wants to d/l Open Office. Once we check it out I'll see if I can make it work for you
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
humus

Post by humus »

humus wrote:I keep an excel file, it was quite complete concerning my originals. Untill I had a hard disk crash last week and I lost all the information I added in the last 5 months. :evil:
Hmm, I let that situation go on for 2 more years and then finally this summer I made a completely new list. Took me a few evenings to go through around 1500 items but in the end it's just so easy when you have a list.
Just basic information though: band - title - special remarks and different formats in different files.

No more copies or dubbed material listed as I stopped (tape)trading anyway.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

My Casbah Russian Roulette 7" has no "Music Vision" written on it??
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

nightsblood wrote:Maybe, I'll look into it and find out. I do use excel but my wife wants to d/l Open Office. Once we check it out I'll see if I can make it work for you
Come to think of it, Open Office should be able to import/read Excel-files straight off the bat. So no converting needed on your part!
peterott

Post by peterott »

http://www.peterott.net/orig.html

I use ASCII-txt file with TABs. Pretty old-school if you ask me, but it works :twisted:
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Peter, why do some of your descriptions say CDarse & CDshit?
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

I use MS Access, not the most user-friendly, but it was designed for databases, wasn't it.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Noisenik wrote:I use MS Access, not the most user-friendly, but it was designed for databases, wasn't it.
I use it as well. It might not be the most user-friendly database, but it's still better than similar (and free) programs, sadly.
peterott

Post by peterott »

Korgüll wrote:Peter, why do some of your descriptions say CDarse & CDshit?
CDaRse means a CD-R copy cause I don't have the original version in my collection. Looking for the original CD in most cases.

Promo CDshit means I only have a Promo of the CD, not the original one and I am also looking for an original version of the CD in most cases too.

Wasn't intended to offend any band :oops:
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

peterott wrote:CDaRse means a CD-R copy
I thought that may be the case, but then you also have others listed as CDr so I wasn't sure?
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
peterott

Post by peterott »

Korgüll wrote:
peterott wrote:CDaRse means a CD-R copy
I thought that may be the case, but then you also have others listed as CDr so I wasn't sure?
If there is only CDr written, then it is really a CDr release. Maybe I should make a "legend" for explaining all that stuff, hehee...but the list is in first place mainly for myself so... ;)
PoserHolocaust

Post by PoserHolocaust »

I started making a list for insurance purposes and kind of kept on it. My insurance company would not insure me without some kind of list. Decided to just throw it on a site and also use it to trade away or sell all my doubles. Don't have much left to trade anymore (so it worked)... I update the list frequently, but I always forget things or I am too lazy to put complete details. I wanted to do cd's too, because unfortunately I bought a lot of cd's in the early 90's but don't want to bother anymore.

My modest LP collection is here:

http://alcoholica.webs.com/Some%20Other%20Bands%20.htm/
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I've been wanting to throw up a list or two online for various reasons, but am completely illiterate when it comes to html and website design because I skipped nearly every PC class I ever took in High School. I really like the general layout of rom's site though.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."