RESISTENCIA - Ensayo Radio Difusora Venezuela (1982) Venezuela

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Thought you fellas might appreciate a good soundtrack to your weekend, so i thought i'd share this; a seven song live-in-the-studio session recorded for Venezuelan radio in 1982 by the mighty Resistencia.

Radio Broadcast

01. Espejismo
02. Más Allá de la Historia
03. Ahora que Puedo Pensar
04. Así Eres tú
05. Escucha el Silencio
06. Pared de Concreto
07. Resistencia

César Somoza : Voz
Rodrigo Yoma : Guitarra
Marco Ciargo : Guitarra
Luís Panero : Bajo
Ricardo Escobar : Batería

RESISTENCIA, is a legendary Venezuelan Heavy Metal band of the '80s and one of the first Heavy Metal bands in South America, which included some members who would become part of other groups (Arkángel, Témpano).
Resistencia remains in the heart of Venezuelan Rockers for being pioneers in their style, and despite the multiple obstacles and lack of support from record companies and radio stations at that time, they managed to record 3 albums (“Hecho En Venezuela”, “Estrategia Contra El Movimiento” and “Dacapo”) in 1981, '83 and '84.
In 2004 they released “Intenso” (on CD) with Ricardo Escobar as the only original member of the band. In 2005 “Zodíaco” (recorded in the mid-80s) was released through the group's official website.
The formation of Resistencia occurred in 1977 when César Somoza (vocalist) and Ricardo Escobar B. (drums) joined with Victor López I. (bass), Mladen Horbart (guitar) and Jaime Hernández (guitar).
In 1980, Marco T. Ciargo and Rodrigo Yoma A. joined, replacing Horbart and Hernández. With this formation they recorded the album 'Hecho en Venezuela' (1981) and Resistencia, along with Arkangel and La Misma Gente became the most representative band of the resurgence of the Rock movement in Venezuela at the beginning of the 1980s.
This album shows a fairly strong sound, where influences from NWOBHM as well as early seventies bands were combined.
In 1982, Victor López leaves the group and is replaced by Luis V. Panero. The albums 'Economía Contra el Movimiento' (1983) and 'Dacapo' (1984) were released. After the recording of the album, Rodrigo Yoma left the group and the four remaining members recorded a fourth album titled 'Zodíaco', which was never released and in 2005 was made available to the public, in mp3 format, through the official website of the group.
The band continued to perform live until 1999, with some changes in its lineup, maintaining vocalist César Somoza and drummer Ricardo Escobar as permanent members. By 1987, the group was made up of Somoza, Escobar, Panero, Ciargo and keyboardist Fernando Aponte. That same year, Panero was replaced by bassist Victor Fiol (Témpano, Frankie Holland Project).
In 1989 Somoza, Escobar, Panero and Ciargo met for a series of performances as a farewell to guitarist Marco T. Ciargo. During the '90s, the group made up of Somoza, Escobar, Panero and guitarist Nicky Scarola made sporadic performances. In 2000 they appeared on the television program 'Paul Gillman's Garage', this being one of their last appearances.
They have recently returned to performances but without leaving any new recordings.
Paul Gillman's last album 'Cuauhtemoc '(2003) includes a cover of the Resistencia piece 'Así estars tu', while the band Cronos recorded the song 'Resistencia' on the album 'Rules' (2003).
Resistencia represents the sound of a band that lasted for many years, but due to lack of recording support, its work was limited to only three LPs (never released as CD).
César Somoza demonstrated in those three recordings, especially on the first album, that he is one of the best vocalists that has emerged in Heavy Rock in our country. The vocals, harmonies and screams remind us of the famous Ian Gillan of Deep Purple. The rhythm section initially made up of Ricardo Escobar and Victor López and then by Escobar and Luis Panero has proven to be one of the most forceful and strong in our rock music and the dual set of guitars of Marco T. Ciargo and Rodrigo Yoma an education for future generations.
In October 2002, the group performed at the Carlos Gauna House of Culture in Acarigua (Portuguesa state) with César Somoza, Ricardo Escobar, Nicola Scarola and bassist Aquiles Cortina. Shortly after, César Somoza, its founding vocalist, left the country, leaving the band without lead vocals. In September 2003, a tribute was paid to Resistencia at the first 'Rock Made in Venezuela' awards where Alexis Peña was on vocals. Miguel Blanco joins as bassist, leaving the group made up of its founder, Ricardo Escobar (drums), Nicola Scarola (guitar), Alexis Peña (vocals) and Miguel Blanco (bass).
In the 20 years since the release of 'Dacapo' (1984), the group has continued to perform sporadically, but in each performance a large number of followers from different generations give full support to the band and can be considered one of the few cult bands that exist in the country.
With the new line-up and after 20 years of recording silence, in December 2004, Resistencia released its new record production: 'Intenso' (2004).
In 2005 they performed at the Gillmanfest along with another legendary Venezuelan heavy metal band: Grand Bite, Gillman and Paul Di'Anno.
In 2008 they were invited, along with Arkangel, to Gillmanfest 2008, where the headliner was the North American band Megadeth, unfortunately neither of the 2 bands could play due to adverse weather.

This is a translated version of a bio originally posted here: https://superockers.wordpress.com/2011/ ... sistencia/

Corroseum interview with Resistencia here:
https://thecorroseum.org/interviews/res ... /index.php

Official Resistencia site:
https://resistenciaband.com/

art & txt included
Exclusive content for logged in users.
No PW
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Noisenik

Re: RESISTENCIA - Ensayo Radio Difusora Venezuela (1982) Venezuela

Post by Noisenik »

TYVM, sir!

Another band you are a huge fan of, obviously.
I am ... the One you warned me of
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

Thanks a lot! Sounds cool!
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

No problem guys, hope you enjoyed it.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Pavlos

Post by Pavlos »

Awesome....love this band!!
GulliverFoyle

Post by GulliverFoyle »

Teragigamega thanx!
Another lonely night, another no name town
it starts to look the same, it starts to bring me down
so many promises you knew I'd never keep
I'll make it up to you, baby, don't give up on me