THE KINGDOM

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
beerandjesus

THE KINGDOM

Post by beerandjesus »

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone else has an opinion on this weird-ass record. I'm pretty much with DaN on it--there are some great parts, some terrible parts, and over all, it's one of the most schizophrenic records around, not in a particularly good way, but not in an entirely bad way, either.

Does anyone else love it? Hate it? Even own it...?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Yeah, I'd like some feedback on this one too. One of the most mysterious albums I own for sure. The best parts kick the crap out of plenty of "ze kult US privates", but mostly it dangles between weird & awful.

I've done some half-hearted tries of finding more info about them but nothing have turned up. Only other copy I saw was on eBay, once, and I think it went for 10 dollars or something. Don't think I've ever seen it on a wantlist either.

Better upload it next week and see if someone else feel like digging deeper...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

This curiousity just turned up on ebay again: http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-Private-USA-He ... dZViewItem
Keir

Post by Keir »

I just won another one for half that much (would have preferred to spend $10, but what can you do?) Very curious about this. Will let you know what I think soon!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

What an awful cover. With that cross alone under the title this could be a ok typical metal cover but why the fuck a heart and peace sign
Nothing against peace and hearts but ... why?
Why not svastikas and sickle-hammers
Or a skull and a sword
a herald or anything
Keir

Post by Keir »

I think the cover is quite fitting for the album, since this is far from "typical metal".

My impression is that this was a group of 4 friends with very different musical tastes/influences. You have the guitarist with a 70s rock style (just listen to some of those solos), the bass player is obviously a glam/hair band worshipper and the drummer/keyboard player adds the weird gothic sound. The singer seems to be the only real metalhead of the bunch!
Keir

Post by Keir »