Godawful Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

DaN wrote: C'mon, there's so much European crap from this era you have to have heard plenty of albums worse than this one? What about VECTOMS? FACT? SAMAIN? VAMPYR? Swiz KILLER? FAITHFUL BREATH? WALLOP? CHAINSAW? HUNTER? FN GUNS? BULLET? etc etc....
I totally disagree WALLOP is a great band don't you forget that Stefan Arnold played drums the drummer of Grave Digger.VECTOM is a mediocre record but not so crap.Fact's music is Ok but the vocals i can't stand them,they were supposed to remind Accept ones but there's no comparison at all.Faithful Breath i have heard only two songs from Gold 'n' Ivory where Don't Feel Hate Is an outstanding metal hymn.Faithful Breath is one of the forefathers of German Heavy Metal so just for this everyone should respect them.KILLER is not that bad in comparizon to the Belgian Killer Where they are far more worst.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

KILLER is not that bad in comparizon to the Belgian Killer Where they are far more worst.
I think we have to agree to MEGAdisagree on this one.
Check out the song "Bodies And Bones" from Wall Of Sound and get back to me :wink:

As for the other bands I mentioned, sure they had some half-decent songs, but surely they didn't belong in the same league as The Might LIVING DEATH.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

My list of crap/boring records some of the maybe you like but to me are totally bad.
1)Wyxmer-The Syre Of...
2)Tarantula-Tarantula
3)Morsüre
4)Lanadrid-Sister Alley
5)Voivod ALL
6)Devil Childe
7)Destructor
8)Emerald Steel
9)Hexx 2nd album
10)Kratos-Iron Beast Childish :D Not only the one of the most hilarious covers :D :D Better have them only for this cover

These are some of them that i can't listen since the quality is very low
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

WYXMER - Well, it's certainly weird, but I really love the song "Steed & Cavalier".
TARANTULA - Um, yeah, it sounds awful, but somewhere in the background there hides some pretty good songwriting.
MORSÜRE - Yes, crap, but in a funny way :lol:
VOIVOD - let's not go there... :evil:
DEVIL CHILDE - While the A-side is a pretty weak VENOM-ripoff, the doom stuff on the B-side is awesome. PENTAGRAM meets HELLHAMMER?
DESTRUCTOR - ?? Sounds like class-A Speed Metal to me.
KRATOS - I guess. More 'cult' than good.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

DaN wrote:KRATOS - I guess. More 'cult' than good.
I agree totally ,THE COVER :D :lol: Let's start a new topic! :lol:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Fucking Åmål wrote:My list of crap/boring records some of the maybe you like but to me are totally bad.
1)Wyxmer-The Syre Of...
2)Tarantula-Tarantula
3)Morsüre
4)Lanadrid-Sister Alley
5)Voivod ALL
6)Devil Childe
7)Destructor
8)Emerald Steel
9)Hexx 2nd album
10)Kratos-Iron Beast Childish :D Not only the one of the most hilarious covers :D :D Better have them only for this cover

Wyxmer is not that bad. For me it's the Different thing you're searching for in an obscure release. Noteworthy 12" especially for the epic metal fans.

Tarantula is pretty weak with a not-so-good production, but i don't consider it crap or must-avoid stuff.

I like Morsure, sound like a punkier version of Impaled Nazarene.

Voivod crap or boring? On 1 in a million I could have agreed that they might be bad, but BORING? No way.

Devil Childe. I didn't like that at all. A pretty bad one.

IMO Destructor are not A class speed metal as Dan claimed, but they are ok. Always liked those brutal vocals...

Emerald steel's album is uneven. The vocalist becomes very annoying when he hits high notes, but there a couple of very good tunes in there. The use of keys fits quite well.

Hexx never were my favorite band. Some believe they are great, but for me they're overrated and most of all uninspired. They seemed to have the skills for something Great, but unfortunately it didn't work.

Finally, Kratos' EP is crap.
Junkyard Barbarian

Post by Junkyard Barbarian »

Fucking Åmål wrote:5)Voivod ALL
this is a joke
Self improvement is masturbation. Now self destruction...
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Fucking Åmål wrote:My list of crap/boring records some of the maybe you like but to me are totally bad.
1)Wyxmer-The Syre Of...
2)Tarantula-Tarantula
3)Morsüre
4)Lanadrid-Sister Alley
5)Voivod ALL
6)Devil Childe
7)Destructor
8)Emerald Steel
9)Hexx 2nd album

Wyxmer is definately a grower. At first listen I didn't like the record that much. But after the required more spins I was hooked. It's not your average epic metal, it's has an obscure aura like many old italien acts and I think they're equally great.

To appreciate Voivod, you must enter their world. I like them a lot.

Devil childe is just a little wicked american cult act. Not bad at all!!!!

Well, I like destructor very much, after a long night of drinking and headbanging fury in the weekend, I often wake up near my Maximum Destruction LP-sleeve

I haven't heard Emerald steel yet

I also find tarantula and kratos NOT bad!!! It's a matter of taste I think.

The second Hexx is great in my opinion (especially the first track). After this album they went with the trend and released PUTRID CRAP.

I have to listen to Lanadrid, can't remember anything by them.
Long Live The Loud !!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I must stress that EMERALD STEEL's cult anthem "Sex Metal" is so bad it's good :lol:
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

DaN wrote:Oh my.. Missed this one.

"Vengeance of hell" is a masterpiece, but the "New Remix" version is the one to listen to. Toto Bergman is one of the greatest Metal vocalists of all time and "My Victim" a top-10 Metal Anthem for me. C'mon, there's so much European crap from this era you have to have heard plenty of albums worse than this one? What about VECTOMS? FACT? SAMAIN? VAMPYR? Swiz KILLER? FAITHFUL BREATH? WALLOP? CHAINSAW? etc etc....
:shock:
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

Destructor is not only class A...it is the best live band in this genre I have seen in my life...just saw them in 2004 at CMF and they are aboslutely authentic and YOU FEEL as it were zje 80's when you are standing ion front of stage...one of the few bands that succeed to keep the 80's spirit alive in 21st century!
And "Maximum destruction" is the same as "Bonded by blood" or others...a jewel overlooked forf two decades. THIS IS METAL!
mountainofthedead

uhh.... one that just struck me

Post by mountainofthedead »

I was just listening to a Dark Quarterer for the first time in a while and I definently think it should take its place in the hall "of the so bad their kinda awesome". The musicmanship on it is awesome and tight and the vocal delivery and lyrics are so aweful at first, but they kinda grow on you.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Which DQ album did you listen to? The vocals on "The Etruscan Prophecy" are a bit off at times, but otherwise Mr. Nepi does a great job. He actually works as a professianl singing teacher (!)
And the production on the debut might be pretty weak, but otherwise it's one of the greatest Epic Metal albums of all time.
peterott

Post by peterott »

Need to post my shit-list here too:
* Celtic Frost - Cold Lake
=> no comment
* Assassin - Interstellar Experience
=> so a massive let-down after the great debut. Fukk fun-songs.
* Master's Hammer - Slagery
=> horrible, just horrible.
* Mystifier - The World Is So Good That Who Made It Doesn't Live Here
=> these amateurish opera-vocals kill everything. On their later records they improved with this. But here it is just horrible.
* Candlemass - Chapter IV
=> the vocals ruin it.
* Grave - Still Hating Life
=> bad bad bad. They shredded in front of 800 people in Stuttgart on their Soulless tour, but only 80 people came to a boring concert of the Still Hating Live tour. And the 2nd band Asphyx cancelled due to the suicide of Theo. That was a crappy concert.
* Immortal - Blizzard Beasts
=> while Side A) is very cool, Side B) has a lower volume, and 3 completly worthless tracks.
* Gorgoroth - Destroyer
=> hahahahahahahastop.
* Tsatthogua - Hosanna Bizzare
=> pathetic. pathetic. pathetic.
* Mutilator - Into The Strange
=> disappointing compared to the debut
* Dark Millenium - Diana Read Peace
=> see above
* Gorefest - Chapter 13
=> crap
* Törr - Tanec Svatyho Vita
=> techno crap from 2000. Luckily they changed back to real music.
* Holocausto (BRA) - Tozago As Deismno
=> yes, Holocausto went to Abruptum. What a piece of shit.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Speaking of Death/Black stuff, has anyone heard the old Dutch one-man project EXMORTIS? They/he made at least 4 singles and they're so incredibly dumb and primitive (in a VERY bad way) you hardly belive your ears, especialy the debut split w/ APATOR.