Godawful Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
BestialLust

Post by BestialLust »

DaN wrote:Speaking of Death/Black stuff, has anyone heard the old Dutch one-man project EXMORTIS? They/he made at least 4 singles and they're so incredibly dumb and primitive (in a VERY bad way) you hardly belive your ears, especialy the debut split w/ APATOR.
That split with Apator is the most worthless 'music' release I've ever heard in my entire lifetime.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Yeah, but it still cracks me up when I put it on. I need their 3rd an 4th singles for my Incredibly Bad Metal-collection. "Lord of temptation" and "Hear the saw.. coming near". Help me out here, folks!
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

omen of hate wrote:
metalmaster wrote:Fire Steel beats them all!! Rights after the is Intense Mutilation, if that crap can be called metal
I disagree, Intense Mutilation rules, ok, they're poor musicians but I really like their sick/twisted sense of humor !!
haha, the retarded north jersey accents make that album at least somewhat worthwhile
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

omen of hate wrote:
metalmaster wrote:Fire Steel beats them all!! Rights after the is Intense Mutilation, if that crap can be called metal
I disagree, Intense Mutilation rules, ok, they're poor musicians but I really like their sick/twisted sense of humor !!
:shock:
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

got to revive this one, he-heh.

if the following statement won't set you into moving, then i really don't know what else would.

I'd say that Cold Lake isn't really bad. I wouldn't say that it is particularly good or that I enjoy it tremendously, yet I consider it highly intriguing and fascinating imho. After all this years ... still cannot believe it exists. :) Some really cool tracks, though. I wish it would be a little darker. :twisted:

Shame that CF didn't complete their 1992 works. I'd die to see that released properly.

Master's Hammer's Šlagry is more unfinished than bad. Frantishek and Vlastimil had had some fun in the studio. That "Rock'n'roll" is more for :shock: than anything else. Another band that should create sth more.

I read of Tozago As Deismno as prog/ tech album. "Improv-Metal", maybe?

Personally I couldn't find anything that I'd particularly annoyed me. If it is bland enough, I don't bother. On the other hand everything suits some purpose. For bad influence, if nothing else.
I am ... the One you warned me of
humus

Post by humus »

DaN wrote:Speaking of Death/Black stuff, has anyone heard the old Dutch one-man project EXMORTIS? They/he made at least 4 singles and they're so incredibly dumb and primitive (in a VERY bad way) you hardly belive your ears, especialy the debut split w/ APATOR.
I always thought that band was called Exmortes?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Even if I of course would have preferred a "proper" 3rd MASTER'S HAMMER album I have the outmost repect for the huge "fuck-off-to-BM-puritans!" gag that is "Šlagry". It fits pretty good with their overall weirdness.

I picked up cold lake for on CD for next to nothing a couple of years ago just to see if it possibly could be so bad it was entertaining. It wasn't, and that's as bad as bad can be.

A month ago I got a copy of OVERDETH's "King Arthur's Final Battle" CD and this must be the ultimate CRAP-Metal release from Sweden. I URGE you to go to their homepage and have a listen. Mucho :lol: & :cry: for all.

Humus: Yep, EXMORTES might be right.
anthares

Post by anthares »

These are horrible records:
AIRDASH (fin): Thank god its monday
TAURUS (bra) both after the debut when they also changed the language
EROS (bra) lp
HOLOCAUSTO: Blocked minds
MUTILATOR: Into the strange

All of those includes totally horrible vocals that annoys the shit out of me.
DaN wrote:I must stress that EMERALD STEEL's cult anthem "Sex Metal" is so bad it's good :lol:
Yeah! When before i listened to that song for the first time, I was expecting a real metal anthem. Well, at the end it was an anthem it is but in a silliness!
BestialLust

Post by BestialLust »

anthares wrote: HOLOCAUSTO: Blocked minds
Completely agree there.
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

Fucking Åmål wrote:My list of crap/boring records some of the maybe you like but to me are totally bad.
1)Wyxmer-The Syre Of...
2)Tarantula-Tarantula
3)Morsüre
4)Lanadrid-Sister Alley
5)Voivod ALL
6)Devil Childe
7)Destructor
8)Emerald Steel
9)Hexx 2nd album
10)Kratos-Iron Beast Childish :D Not only the one of the most hilarious covers :D :D Better have them only for this cover

These are some of them that i can't listen since the quality is very low
HOLY HELL I nearly choked on my burger when I just saw that list!!! I found it already brave to mention bands like SAMAIN, VECTOM, WALLOP, SAD IRON or LIVING DEATH in this threat, but...

1)Wyxmer-The Syre Of... VERY GOOD RECORD!
2)Tarantula-Tarantula EVEN BETTER! HOW CAN ONE NOT LIKE IT? OK, THE COVER SUCKS...
5)Voivod ALL WAAH :shock:
6)Devil Childe FUN RECORD!
7)Destructor HOLY HELL!!!! THIS IS AN ALLTIME-CLASSIC!!!!!! POUNDING EVIL!!!!! A CULT-RECORD I WORSHIP ON A REGULAR BASIS
8)Emerald Steel THEY ARE OKAY
9)Hexx 2nd album I HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF: WAAAH! :shock:
10)Kratos-Iron Beast SIMPLY CULT. I LOVE IT.

Back on topic:
The most horrible record ever done must be MAD POLTERGEIST from Italy, MAD N DAMN MLP.
The songwriting is a catastrophe, as well as the musician-ship in general, the vocals, and the totally senseless lyrics. This is so bad its not even funny anymore
We praise the blood that metal brings
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

OmenOfSteel wrote: 7)Destructor HOLY HELL!!!! THIS IS AN ALLTIME-CLASSIC!!!!!! POUNDING EVIL!!!!! A CULT-RECORD I WORSHIP ON A REGULAR BASIS
Me too, I totally agree, one of the best thrasher ever, it's the way metal should be.
Long Live The Loud !!!
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

i couldn't get into most of those epic greek bands
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

I know it's not really obscure but DRAGONFORCE are the worst!
They suck!
Happy power metal, unlistenable rubbish!!!!
TOTALLY overrated!

VOIVOD = GOD!
:D
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Time for something UNIVERSALLY ultra-bad: Ever heard of a Texas one-man Horror Metal project called DAMIEN STORM? If not you really should check out this mindmelting act here. There's lots to tell about this man, but start by checking the pix and soundbites and be "amazed"! :shock:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote:Time for something UNIVERSALLY ultra-bad: Ever heard of a Texas one-man Horror Metal project called DAMIEN STORM? If not you really should check out this mindmelting act here. There's lots to tell about this man, but start by checking the pix and soundbites and be "amazed"! :shock:
Have two CDs from DAMIEN STORM ordered a couple of years ago directly from the official site. Those vocals are probably the most childish copy of KING DIAMOND i've ever heard. It's so bad that it's actually funny. Musically is fine, the vocals, however, bring the meaning of the word cult to its outer limits.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart