Shakespeare

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Azaras

Shakespeare

Post by Azaras »

The playwright's great, but anybody know all of what was released (demos, rehearsals, live recordings, compilation tracks?) by this Swedish doom outfit?

Their single on PANG! records gives off cool graveyard vibes. Slow and 'eavy! Well... "well-paced" and 'eavy.

(btw: If another record company had just given these PANG bands a decent recording budget instead of PANG's "in,-record,-master,-and-out!-in-8-hours" approach, some would be infinitely more worshipped. Oh the horror, the horror...).
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I actually tracked down an old bandmember about a year ago and had a chat with him over the phone. It turned out they never recorded anything else in the studio, but there were some rehearsals made. He wasn't sure where he kept the tapes though, and though he promised to look for them I never heard from him again. Unfortunately I've never heard of any other recordings in any form in tape/cdr/mp3 trading circulation.

Yeah, I would really have loved to see some of those Pang-records bands like SHAKESPEARE, ZONE ZERO, TREASURE and RISING on full-length releases.
Azaras

Post by Azaras »

Mmm, time to pester the fellow? A call a year is not stalking... not... technically, I'd say....

:lol: :lol:
Noisenik

Re: Shakespeare

Post by Noisenik »

Set upon from sheer curiosity: was there any further inquiry that yield any kind of results?
I am ... the One you warned me of
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

At least Rising has a newly released LP out. Don't know about Shakespeare.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

To follow up on a 10-year old post, some of those cool Swedish singles would also garner more attention if the bands had come from Germnay or the US.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

I'm surprised some enterprising label hasn't compiled those great Swedish 45s of yesteryear.
It still seems an oddly overlooked scene, particularly when almost anything heavy from the '80s was getting the anthology CD treatment a few years back.
Having said that, it may be that the old Swedish scene just still isn't that well known in wider Metal circles, i didn't know very much about it myself at the time when it was going on, but thanks to The Corroseum & a few other other online sources i've since been educated. From our interconnected modern vantage point it's easy to forget just how isolated a lot of the vintage scenes around the globe really were back then.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.