DWARR

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Black Axe wrote:
Shadow Kingdom wrote:Right now I think it's just bad timing for him... but I don't want him to feel forced or pressured into putting out re-issues. If you guys keep emailing him and begging him for re-issues it only makes him not want to put them out. I know this because I've been talking to him on the phone for 2 years now!
Any chance of getting those reissues released this year?
That's up to him and I think when the time is right it will happen. No plans have been made thus far...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Black Axe wrote:No, but you did call him a "less than lackluster musician".
Well, I still stand by "lackluster". "less than" was maybe a bit harsh in retrospect... :oops:

Gonna try and sort out the factual errors in the review asap.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

So, I screwed it again? I don't know, the message seemed pointed towards Page/ forum/membership as a whole. It seemed that to me at least. As I was told those "bootlegs" were apparently made by Duane himself. Now, I really don't know. You can remove my post and quoted ones if you feel this to be OK way.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

DaN wrote: Well, I still stand by "lackluster".
Kind of hard to wrap my head around a "lackluster" musician and you scoring the album a 7/10...? That's the highest score I've ever seen on a lackluster musician before. :lol:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

That score is supposed to be the level of rarity.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

I get a fairly positive vibe from Dan's review but being a musician it can sometimes be hard to take some opinions.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

ION BRITTON wrote:That score is supposed to be the level of rarity.
Oh, I need new reading glasses. :oops:
metalmartyrdoom

Post by metalmartyrdoom »

DaN wrote:
Black Axe wrote:No, but you did call him a "less than lackluster musician".
Well, I still stand by "lackluster". "less than" was maybe a bit harsh in retrospect... :oops:

Gonna try and sort out the factual errors in the review asap.
One thing that is wrong is "Animals" did come with an insert, or at least mine did, and it was still sealed when I got it.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

metalmartyrdoom wrote:One thing that is wrong is "Animals" did come with an insert, or at least mine did, and it was still sealed when I got it.
NOOOOOOO!!! Not again... :cry:
Aardtmann

Post by Aardtmann »

Can somebody upload mp3s of "Holy One" and "Times Of Terror"? I have Warr's first two LPs... they're simply masterpieces...

VERY NEED these last two albums, guys!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Aardtmann wrote:Can somebody upload mp3s of "Holy One" and "Times Of Terror"? I have Warr's first two LPs... they're simply masterpieces...

Isn't Duane selling them via his MySpace? The link should be somewhere around here...
Aardtmann

Post by Aardtmann »

Ok
WYRDSKULL

Post by WYRDSKULL »

Wow, it is good to know that ole Dwarr is still out there... Tim, it will be amazing if you can arrange for some proper reissues... glad to know you are on the case. I have an old Dwarr t-shirt with his phone number on the back,,, maybe someone wants to try giving him a call too? hahahaha, -=clay
xr2m

Post by xr2m »

DaN wrote:
Aardtmann wrote:Can somebody upload mp3s of "Holy One" and "Times Of Terror"? I have Warr's first two LPs... they're simply masterpieces...

Isn't Duane selling them via his MySpace? The link should be somewhere around here...
That was supposed to happen, but unfortunately I haven't heard from Duane in quite a while. I wrote him earlier in March about doing some updates to the site, but he hasn't responded.

http://www.myspace.com/dwarrofficial
natas

Post by natas »

&