Eldritch Rite

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

As Helm said, a killer band name and therefor the first band I checked out when I first found the TexasMetalUnderground page. The opening song was really promising (got a bit of a Siren-vibe, hasn't it?) but the rest didn't really get my blood flowing.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

DaN wrote:As Helm said, a killer band name...
Any meaning behind the name? I did a google search and apart from some Terry Pratchett references (apparently the witches did some parody of Eldritch Rite in "Witches Abroad", I've read the book in the past but cannot recall anything on top on my head) I couldnt find anything whatsoever...
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

stormspell wrote:
DaN wrote:As Helm said, a killer band name...
Any meaning behind the name? I did a google search and apart from some Terry Pratchett references (apparently the witches did some parody of Eldritch Rite in "Witches Abroad", I've read the book in the past but cannot recall anything on top on my head) I couldnt find anything whatsoever...
Isn't that associated with HPLovecraft et al. google lovecraft eldritch then...
I am ... the One you warned me of
Helm

Post by Helm »

Yeah just an image of an occult ceremony to contact the beyond by another name.
leifkr

Post by leifkr »

I have the original demo, but unfortunately I am not able to rip it. Great stuff for sure!
ION BRITTON

Re: Eldritch Rite

Post by ION BRITTON »

Bump for some serious re-evaluation.

The '86 demo has definitely grown on me over the years and I now place it among my all-time favorites. The riffing is fucking genius and wickedly Texan all the way. I even like the 'sleepy' performance of Chris Orloski on vocals. All tracks slay with "Task Force" and "Anathema" being my favorites. I could bang my head just for the 5 seconds of the last riff of "Anathema" alone. The band was previously called Ritual and they have recorded some stuff before switching their name to Eldritch Rite. Don't know anyone who has or has at least heard that stuff. Maybe TMU can be of any help??
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Wow, talk about resurrecting an old thread! :)

I still may have some copies of the re-release we did back in 2009 by the way. Original demo plus 3 bonus tracks, 12-page booklet with band story, lyrics, and archive photos and a "secret" DIEHARD TREASURE CHEST folder crammed with tons of rehearsal tunes in their raw and unpolished glory (Enhanced multimedia CD)
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I have the CD almost 6 years now and I never bothered to play it on my PC. I saw the DIEHARD TREASURE CHEST folder right now for the first time :roll:
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

ION BRITTON wrote:I have the CD almost 6 years now and I never bothered to play it on my PC. I saw the DIEHARD TREASURE CHEST folder right now for the first time :roll:
Ah haha. Looking at the cd I honestly don't remember why I haven't put that info on the traycard, sorry :)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Iordan, open your damn store already so I can buy stuff!

I also want that Steel Assassin demo :mrgreen:
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Avenger wrote:Iordan, open your damn store already so I can buy stuff!
To be honest I'm not sure I'll open my store, not on a regular basis anyway. US Postal Services have killed it, with their ongoing increases on international shipping costs. After the latest increase it now costs $14 to ship a single CD overseas! and that is for regular airmail only, if registered, it is another $13.95 on TOP on those $14...

I was agonizing greatly last few years, with up to 40% of my profit going to cover shipping discounts... there were instances when I was actually made more profit on wholesales, than on retail...

Anyhow, I've started moving all my stock to CDBaby. They have a volume discount with UPS and have this amazing offer of 1-cent shipping on all orders of 3 or more CDs, WORLDWIDE... sales are thriving over there - I make more cash, and overseas customers save on retarded shipping costs, so it is a win-win situation.

I will re-open my store one more time, to get rid of all distro stock accumulated since last October, and I'll serve those SA freebies then, I just don't know when I'll get to doing it, as I got some other priorities right now.

After that, I'll either kill my own store entirely and let CDBaby deal with my sales, or keep it for domestic orders. Overseas orders will be welcome of course, but I'll no longer offer free shipping - I simply cannot afford it, given the insanely retarded USPS prices... so it will not be very beneficial for overseas buyers to buy from it. And sadly Canadians are included in that category, as shipping costs to Canada are equality insane (To ship one CD = $11.95...)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Stormspell wrote:
Avenger wrote:Iordan, open your damn store already so I can buy stuff!
To be honest I'm not sure I'll open my store, not on a regular basis anyway. US Postal Services have killed it, with their ongoing increases on international shipping costs. After the latest increase it now costs $14 to ship a single CD overseas! and that is for regular airmail only, if registered, it is another $13.95 on TOP on those $14...

I was agonizing greatly last few years, with up to 40% of my profit going to cover shipping discounts... there were instances when I was actually made more profit on wholesales, than on retail...

Anyhow, I've started moving all my stock to CDBaby. They have a volume discount with UPS and have this amazing offer of 1-cent shipping on all orders of 3 or more CDs, WORLDWIDE... sales are thriving over there - I make more cash, and overseas customers save on retarded shipping costs, so it is a win-win situation.

I will re-open my store one more time, to get rid of all distro stock accumulated since last October, and I'll serve those SA freebies then, I just don't know when I'll get to doing it, as I got some other priorities right now.

After that, I'll either kill my own store entirely and let CDBaby deal with my sales, or keep it for domestic orders. Overseas orders will be welcome of course, but I'll no longer offer free shipping - I simply cannot afford it, given the insanely retarded USPS prices... so it will not be very beneficial for overseas buyers to buy from it. And sadly Canadians are included in that category, as shipping costs to Canada are equality insane (To ship one CD = $11.95...)
A single CD with a jewel case to Canada is $9.50. I receive them all the time so I'm aware. I'm not sure about registration though... Understandable decision considering the rates of international postage. Like I've said previously, CDBaby does not have your entire catalogue listed and the ones missing are what I am interested in. I would also prefer to support you directly with my purchase other then having a reseller take a cut out of it.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Okay, $9.50 to Canada, $11.75 was the price to Mexico. I havent familiarized myself with the current prices after the last increase yet (and hopefully I will not have to). Registration is extra $13.95 on top on the actual shipping cost...

As I said I actually make more selling through CDBaby than retail through my own store where overseas people took exclusive advantage of the free shipping option. So go ahead and support via CDB, it will be appreciated very much
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Stormspell wrote:Okay, $9.50 to Canada, $11.75 was the price to Mexico. I havent familiarized myself with the current prices after the last increase yet (and hopefully I will not have to). Registration is extra $13.95 on top on the actual shipping cost...

As I said I actually make more selling through CDBaby than retail through my own store where overseas people took exclusive advantage of the free shipping option. So go ahead and support via CDB, it will be appreciated very much
What about the rest of the catalogue that is missing?

They seem to be primarily listing your releases of the newer bands...

It also doesn't get me a copy of the Steel Assassin demo :(
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Old titles I have less than 100 copies left in stock are not going to be uploaded on CDB - they charge $50 set-up fee per listing and it is not worth the expense for such lesser quantities.

I do have a bunch of back catalog titles to upload, and I'll do that next time CDB has submission discount event. I've been told they have 3-4 such events every year, so there should be one before the summer is over.