Auburn Records & Manimals Q

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
nightsblood

Auburn Records & Manimals Q

Post by nightsblood »

So while playing an old favorite on youtube this afternoon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC306YiymqU
I noticed the video mentions an upcoming Manimals collection 'Studies in Scarlet (1982-2012') to be released on Auburn Records.
Yay!
Oh shoot, there's a catch.
The video is from 6 years ago.
And when googling Auburn Records, it appears the website is now just a dud link bought by someone who hijacks domain names (gee, no one around here has ever had that happen).
Does anyone know what happened to Auburn? While never the biggest label, I felt that they always put out some cool releases, both back in the 1980s and in the 2000s as well.
I didn't find any other mentions of the Manimals collection, so I'm guessing the project never came to fruition (sad).
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
bigfootkit

Re: Auburn Records & Manimals Q

Post by bigfootkit »

The only other mention of the compilation i found was in this here article which was written in advance of their apparent appearance at the 2012 Wacken Open Air festival.:
https://www.wacken.com/en/festivalinfo/ ... animals12/
Did anyone here attend that year & if so did they actually play?
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Crap, I was waiting for that Manimals comp. Never noticed Auburn got out of business. :-/
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

Given what happened with the Black Death album that he promised to reissue for years, it will probably end up being released by HHR....and sound like shit.... :lol:
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

wicked keeper wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:10 pm Given what happened with the Black Death album that he promised to reissue for years, it will probably end up being released by HHR....and sound like shit.... :lol:
Is keeper correct here? Is BD reissue another crappy one?
I am ... the One you warned me of
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

The cd actually sounds better than the vinyl but they both sound "off" to my ears....even the Burn Records bootleg LP from 2015 sounds way better... :lol:
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

wicked keeper wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:40 am The cd actually sounds better than the vinyl but they both sound "off" to my ears....even the Burn Records bootleg LP from 2015 sounds way better... :lol:
I'd love to have all versions to actually hear that. no offense meant, oc. sadly I have none. I was too late at HRR and I fear checking out discogs for some reason.

But I'm glad I have Manimals vinyl at disposal.
I am ... the One you warned me of