BRAINHAMMER?? Who the Hell were they?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
DaN
Administructor

BRAINHAMMER?? Who the Hell were they?

Post by DaN »

Finally found some time for this burning issue...
brainhammer-pic.jpg
brainhammer-pic.jpg (297.19 KiB) Viewed 3548 times
Jürgen Wolf - solo guitar
Tobi Spyropoulos - bass
Fred Hallex - vocals
Matthias Baacke - solo guitar
Oliver Richter - drums

This band appeared on the Chance '84 local sampler from Nürnberg, Germany. Musically this surpasses practically anything I've ever heard from a local German comp (and I've heard plently..). A perfect reference I didn't think of when I wrote the page is the godly UK'sters REINCARNATE. "Poisen" could be the long lost 3 tune of that stellar 7"! Last time I checked none of the member names turned up at Metal Archives or Discogs - no Brainhammer-info anywhere to be found :(

So, here's a better rip of the song than the shitty-sounding youtube clip:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9gmnmb5bgb2cq5/BRAINHAMMER-Poisen.mp3

Let's investigate - we need more!
bigfootkit

Re: BRAINHAMMER?? Who the Hell were they?

Post by bigfootkit »

Damn, that's a fine piece of vintage voltage!
I've made no secret here of my general ambivalence to the German scene of that time, but this is one of those exceptions that shakes my faith in my own prejudice. Thanks for sharing.
According to discogs their guitarist Jürgen Wolf was previously in a band called Firewater, who contributed one song 'Give Me A Chance' to a 1984 V/A compilation LP called 'Rock & Pop Aus Oberfranken'.
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Rock-Po ... e/11199857
Hope this info is of some help.

The final band on that comp is really called 'COROFORUM'? :shock:
Should we adopt them as this forum's in-house band?
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

bigfootkit wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:28 am Damn, that's a fine piece of vintage voltage!
I've made no secret here of my general ambivalence to the German scene of that time, but this is one of those exceptions that shakes my faith in my own prejudice. Thanks for sharing.
According to discogs their guitarist Jürgen Wolf was previously in a band called Firewater, who contributed one song 'Give Me A Chance' to a 1984 V/A compilation LP called 'Rock & Pop Aus Oberfranken'.

The final band on that comp is really called 'COROFORUM'? :shock:
Should we adopt them as this forum's in-house band?
:shock: :lol:

Never too early for a hearty laugh. Yeah, this should be Corroseum's lounge band. Whatever they play. :D
I am ... the One you warned me of
Mythiis

Post by Mythiis »

Not only a great song but look at the band. They look great! German bands always look like something the cat dragged in, ate, threw up and then tried to hide under a corner of the rug. Seems fishy... But would be amazing to learn more!
I summoned up the living dead, and demons in the skies.
I drank from chalice warm and red, and watched the virgin die.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

bigfootkit wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:28 am Damn, that's a fine piece of vintage voltage!
Cheers for the spotting! Must have missed the connection there. I already had the "..Oberfranken" LP on my wantlist for the exclusive TALON-track. Now I need it even more and of course it's one of those rare ultra-expensive local comps (doG knows why...)
Mythiis wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:39 am Not only a great song but look at the band. They look great! German bands always look like something the cat dragged in, ate, threw up and then tried to hide under a corner of the rug. Seems fishy... But would be amazing to learn more!
Yep, everything but the member-names feel very unGerman about this band. I asked around and played the song to a bunch of people at last KIT (tbieri, Andi P, Peter/fils du metal etc..) but noone had ever heard about them.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Mythiis wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:39 am Not only a great song but look at the band. They look great! German bands always look like something the cat dragged in, ate, threw up and then tried to hide under a corner of the rug.
Very true, despite the slightly gurning fella in the middle with the unfortunate shadow under his nose, giving him a strong resemblance to that Hitler 'stache sporting guy from Sparks.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.