What song did I hear parts of?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Warepire

What song did I hear parts of?

Post by Warepire »

There's not a lot to go on, it was played at background music at Muskelrock this year, but couldn't identify it...

It was 80s style heavy metal or 80s sounding style heavy metal. I recall one line right before the chorus being "coup d'etat" and the first line of the chorus being something along the lines of "doom of the world".

Does anyone know this?
Zanker

Re: What song did I hear parts of?

Post by Zanker »

Warepire wrote:There's not a lot to go on, it was played at background music at Muskelrock this year, but couldn't identify it...

It was 80s style heavy metal or 80s sounding style heavy metal. I recall one line right before the chorus being "coup d'etat" and the first line of the chorus being something along the lines of "doom of the world".

Does anyone know this?
First thing that always comes in my mind when I read 'coup d'etat' is H-BOMB. But you figured that already out for yourself I guess.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

I am 95% sure the song had English lyrics, while all the H-Bomb songs I could think of are in French.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

H-Bomb was my first idea as well but due to French lyrix (as you said) I can't be. The Plasmatics had an Album called "Coup D'Etat" but there's no such a song title on it. Maybe you check out that Album ...
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Checked through the entire Plasmatics album, it's not from that one. The song title does not necessarily need to reflect parts of the lyrics that I heard (or think I heard)

Good suggestion though, I had forgotten about that album.