Great outros?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Cochino

Great outros?

Post by Cochino »

I was thinking the other day how common it is for many metal songs to have killer intros but it seems very rare to find brilliant outros, or codas if you wanna get fancy. By this I mean a section at the end of the song that has a certain autonomy and its prupose is to drive it to its end, without being repeated before or simply becoming another part of the song. For instance, many Mercyful Fate songs have very complex structures and while they might end in a section that wasn't repeated before, I wouldn't qualify them as outros since their intent doesn't seem to build up to an ending but more like adding one more twist before it finishes as in Come To Sabbath, while the ending part of Nightmare does feel more like an actual coda/outro and what I'm looking for in this thread.
I gotta say I have a pretty big mind block about this and could think of two obvious examples, so I hope you guys can help me out find more of this kinda stuff. The one that actually had me thinking about this is of course, Black Sabbath's Under The Sun/Every Day Comes and Goes. That final sequence of the song is what makes it probably my favorite Sabbath song ever and one of the main reasons for Vol. 4 to be my favorite Sabbath album.
[youtube]IZMC44h9aiU[/youtube]

And the second one that immediatly popped to mind is Entombed's Left Hand Path. That whole part that comes after the Phantasm homage/ripoff is so fucking great they should've just ended the album right there :P
[youtube]D6exw6xT0oo[/youtube]

I hope I made myself clear enough about what I'm looking for. Any further examples?
Trigger

Re: Great outros?

Post by Trigger »

These 2 might be my absolute favorites
[youtube]DTs_YbWiqco[/youtube]

[youtube]tnEkBPi1W34[/youtube]
The outro of Tales Of Creation is brilliant as well.
Never trust the Goblin King....