Frank Blackfire-era SODOM

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Noisenik

Frank Blackfire-era SODOM

Post by Noisenik »

Now that we have thread about our relations to early SODOM, I thought it would be nice to have a separate thread to add one later period, for a number of reasons. One of them being, that different eras wouldn't mix, the more important one that Frank rejoined SODOM. I just read the interview with whole new group (Tom kicked out both members after 35-annual gig) in latest German Rock Hard mag. Sure, it's a sort of an ad for coming Rock Hard festival, but interesting read nonetheless.

Of course, I don't expect another Expurse Of Sodomy, Persecution Mania, Mortal Way Of Life or Agent Orange, but I still believe, Frank can help create albums, decent enough for late teen years of the 21st century and worthy of SODOM moniquer.

Anyhow, how do these SODOM items fare nowadays in your quarters?
I am ... the One you warned me of
Prowler

Re: Frank Blackfire-era SODOM

Post by Prowler »

"Persecution Mania" and "Agent Orange" are the best Sodom album imo. "PM" is my personal fave to be exact. The earlier Sodom albums never gave me that much as they are quite sloppy in a way. But I doubt that Blackfire can bring back those old days spirit. Those days are definitely gone ... no false hopes.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
nightsblood

Re: Frank Blackfire-era SODOM

Post by nightsblood »

'Persecution mania' has always been my favorite, but to be honest I've never given most of their catalog much of a chance. I didn't get to hear many of their other albums until years and years later, and by that time I'd lost a lot of interest in thrash metal overall (see new thread). So while I've played 'Agent Orange' and several of the follow-ups a couple of times each, it's probably been 15 years or so since I even thought about playing anything that came after PM.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky