Unknown NWOBHM-singles?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
User avatar
Khnud
Posts: 2260

Post#61 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:29 pm

Nope, the nwobhm Penetrations have nothing in common with the punk outfit The Penetration.

User avatar
lynx
Posts: 122

Post#62 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:46 pm

I meant Penetration, the punk outfit with Fred Purser who later played in the Tygers of Pan Tang. The Penetration must be another band, because Penetration never used the article in front of their name. Penetrations must be yet another band...

User avatar
Dirty Rocker
Posts: 1578

Post#63 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:47 pm

This is a killer NWOBHM single (I'm almost 100% sure it is, though USA gets mentioned on the label) I haven't seen being mentioned anywhere. Reminds me alot of Sweet Savage (Straight through the heart) single! I can also hear some mendes prey in it. I love it to death.

Image

Cold Hearted Lady appears on one comp LP from 83 (same year as the single)

Here's a link to a auction:
http://www.popsike.com/DREAM-SEQUENCE-1 ... 11366.html
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL

User avatar
Glockose
Posts: 1291

Post#64 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:29 pm

Dirty Rocker wrote:This is a killer NWOBHM single (I'm almost 100% sure it is, though USA gets mentioned on the label) I haven't seen being mentioned anywhere. Reminds me alot of Sweet Savage (Straight through the heart) single! I can also hear some mendes prey in it. I love it to death.

Image

Cold Hearted Lady appears on one comp LP from 83 (same year as the single)

Here's a link to a auction:
http://www.popsike.com/DREAM-SEQUENCE-1 ... 11366.html
WOW nice find, Great Record. That is only the second copy of the 45 I have ever seen.
Yes there is a NY connection somehow. I tried for a while to track it but had no luck.
I put it in the USA book but yes it was questionable.

User avatar
Dirty Rocker
Posts: 1578

Post#65 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:07 pm

John: Only 2 copies, then I guess I had alot of luck when I found it here in Sweden a year ago for 50kr - 5 euros. :)
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL

User avatar
Khnud
Posts: 2260

Post#66 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:34 pm

Dirty Rocker wrote:John: Only 2 copies, then I guess I had alot of luck when I found it here in Sweden a year ago for 50kr - 5 euros. :)
Just curious - what made you buy it? I mean it doesn't really scream nwobhm, so something must have made you interested. Or did you listen to it at the store?

I'd love to hear it, by the way.

User avatar
Dirty Rocker
Posts: 1578

Post#67 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:44 pm

I recognized the single for some strange reason. I also saw It was a SRTS pressing (same as many other nwobhm singles - like Tyrant for example) and they're usually pretty damn rare and expensive. Also, the band name got my attention. And for 5 euros, I could take the risk. :)

I ripped this single when I got it, but I have the mp3s on another computer still at my parents house. :(
Last edited by Dirty Rocker on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL

User avatar
Khnud
Posts: 2260

Post#68 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:55 pm

Dirty Rocker wrote:I recognized the single for some strange reason. I also saw It was a SRTS pressing (same as many other nwobhm singles - like Tyrant for example) and they're usually pretty damn rare and expensive. Also, the band name got my attention. And for 5 euros, I could take the risk. :)
Good call! :)
Dirty Rocker wrote:I ripped this single when I got it, but I have the mp3s on another computer still at my parents house. :(
Come to think of it, I think I've heard it one time before. Don't remember what it sounded like though. I'm guessing it's an American band, but recorded in England. Great find!

User avatar
Dirty Rocker
Posts: 1578

Post#69 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:58 pm

Khnud wrote:
Dirty Rocker wrote:I recognized the single for some strange reason. I also saw It was a SRTS pressing (same as many other nwobhm singles - like Tyrant for example) and they're usually pretty damn rare and expensive. Also, the band name got my attention. And for 5 euros, I could take the risk. :)
Good call! :)
Dirty Rocker wrote:I ripped this single when I got it, but I have the mp3s on another computer still at my parents house. :(
Come to think of it, I think I've heard it one time before. Don't remember what it sounded like though. I'm guessing it's an American band, but recorded in England. Great find!
I may have uploaded it on the sweden rock forum. I have also send mp3s of it to a few people. It really sounds NWOBHM and not US. But who knows, great single anyway. :) I will try get those mp3s for you.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL

User avatar
nightsblood
Posts: 2370

Post#70 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:21 pm

Cool item Patrick!
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky

geneh
Posts: 1

Post#71 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:17 pm

Fixater wrote:Ciao Paolo,

I have some good news - the drummer has a copy he might be able to sell you. Can I pass your email on to him and you can arrange it?
I think your search might be over...

Cheers,

Rob

I know Malc the drummer, and I remember him telling me how he took boxes of these to the dump back in the 90s. I think he has a couple left though.
I have a signed one somewhere. might have to dig it out

OpenMetal!
Posts: 36

AURORA

Post#72 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:25 am

AURORA - I'll Be Your Fantasy (1982)
http://www.metal-samples.com/2010/12/au ... -1982.html
Last edited by OpenMetal! on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dokken_Uwe
Posts: 816
Contact:

Post#73 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:47 pm

I don't know if this was mentioned before (I'm not familiar with the search function).

Did anyone ever come across with DARK HEART "Straight from the heart" (1987) Single????
According to Metal-Archives it does exist, but there's no picture and the internet doesn't mention it anywhere.

Someone who can help????

User avatar
Vaggelis
Posts: 248

Post#74 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:19 pm

Nasty Uwe wrote:I don't know if this was mentioned before (I'm not familiar with the search function).

Did anyone ever come across with DARK HEART "Straight from the heart" (1987) Single????
According to Metal-Archives it does exist, but there's no picture and the internet doesn't mention it anywhere.

Someone who can help????
I think it exists.I have read about it not only in M-A.But aparrently it is so rare.
Anyway DARK HEART is one of the best British bands.

User avatar
lunaboy
Posts: 1538

Post#75 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:53 pm

I found one interesing Website

Some unknown bands here...

AVALANCHE

HIROSHIMA

MEAN MACHINE

VOLUME THERAPY

STONEBREW

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron