Your TOP 5 unsigned/"7inch only" NWOBHM bands who had potential to release a "classic" album

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Avenger

Re: Your TOP 5 unsigned/"7inch only" NWOBHM bands who had potential to release a "classic" album

Post#16 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:01 am

bigfootkit wrote:
Pavlos wrote:Talking about Harvest Moon, last summer I did an interview with Glynn Porrino about the band:

http://www.sacredmetal.de/board/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13021&start=45#p542607

(scroll down)

That was a great read, nice one Pavlos!
I particularly enjoyed Glynn's remembrances about the Wrexham festival, he had some great stories.
Maybe he's right about Harvest Moon being cursed, their name was even misspelled on the gig poster:

Are you sure this is the same band or thay they weren't going by a different name at the time?

That would be quite the typo as it's not even close :lol:
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"

stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

Astra Wally

Re: Your TOP 5 unsigned/"7inch only" NWOBHM bands who had potential to release a "classic" album

Post#17 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:54 pm

borrel wrote:Trident ?

Is the TRIDENT anthology on No Remorse worth getting? Any opinions?

Zombie Dance wrote:Shock Treatment!

Not sure about that though I really dig the 7" and always wanted to hear more from them.
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine

MercenaryÖfMetal

Post#18 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:14 pm

Been listening to Sunset Blaze demo from 1983, definitely had potential

ION BRITTON

Post#19 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:02 pm

Astra Wally wrote:

Wasn't very impressed. Nothing that can match "Destiny". Not even close in fact.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart

bigfootkit

Post#20 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:42 pm

ION BRITTON wrote:
Astra Wally wrote:

Wasn't very impressed. Nothing that can match "Destiny". Not even close in fact.

I've only heard the Trident comp all the way through once or twice, but to me it sounded worthy of further listens certainly.
For comparisons sake, it didn't instantly grab me like the excellent Stormtrooper or Scarab anthologies did, but it didn't turn me off like the Phyne Thanqz comp either.
Regarding Harvest Moon, yeah, i'm afraid that typo did indeed appear on the gig poster for the festival @ Wrexham FC.
It seems people just couldn't remember their band name, as in the interview Pavlos did with Glynn he refers to a glowing review they received for that gig in one of the music papers @ the time where they were again misidentified, this time as 'Shoot The Moon', a completely different band also doing the rounds at that time.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.

laasgaardh

Post#21 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:51 pm

Well, they did a 12", so may not qualify, but I really enjoyed the Geddes Axe-comp!

Return to “Into Battle”