What old cult metal bands have all original members?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
doomedplanet

What old cult metal bands have all original members?

Post by doomedplanet »

Was exchanging some emails with a friend asking if there are ANY old cult bands have all original members? This was brought about by Avenger complaining about the NW Metalfest lineup and that none of the main acts have many original members, which is of course ridiculous because after 30+ years and breakups and deaths the probability of mostly original members is super low.

So besides Brocas Helm (who nowadays only do one-off festival shows and their 3 piece lineup has been the same for ~30 years) can you name some others? Maybe there are a few that have 3 out of 5 or 3 out of 4 but I'm drawing a blank.
Razanez

Re: What old cult metal bands have all original members?

Post by Razanez »

Heavy Load reunion is all original members as far as I know!
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Darkthrone
Motley Crüe
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Twisted Sister have 4 out of 5 original members, now since A.J. passed away in 2015.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Khnud wrote:Darkthrone
They shed two people though.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Well, the only ridiculous thing about it is the bands themselves who have the nerve to promote them as "reunions" when only 1 or 2 members from the original line-up is/are still present. And the organizers are to blame for that too. Stop ripping off the fans, please. I don't care for tribute bands that give good shows, I want to see the real band and even if they don't play that well at least I don't feel cheated. Not to mention that most of those guys haven't touch their instruments for a good 25 years or more. It's understandable 1 or 2 members to be missing for various reasons after all these years, but sadly that is not the case for the vast majority of those "cult" reunions of the last years.

What's so cult about Darkthrone and Motley Crue anyway? There is nothing cult and underground about Fenriz, that might have been the case in the early 90's, but not anymore.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

doomedplanet wrote:This was brought about by Avenger complaining
Just the one one thread? That shit needs it's own sub-forum...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Heavy Load! Good news on that front.
Crue is not very cult, haha. Darkthrone I know nothing About, so..
Twisted Sister would be nice to see, though I really just would want to hear stuff from the demo days or 1st lp so maybe not necessary.
Ion Britton, Cirith Ungol is only 2 members from the old days (only 1 original member if you really want to get technical) I guess you won't say they are ripping anyone off...
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Got a great email today with list of reunions with significant original lineups, or close to it.

Exciter, Satan, Sacrifice, The Rods, Artch, Holocausto - everyone from the first album
Armored Saint - everyone from the first album minus the guitarist who passed away
Mindless Sinner - everyone from the Turn on the Power, 4/5 from Master of Evil
Dark Angel - everyone from Leave Scars, 4/5 from Darkness Descends
Jag Panzer - 4/5 from Ample Destruction
D.D.T. - 4/5 from Let the Screw...
Evildead - 4/5 from The Annihilation of Civilization
Tokyo Blade - 4/5 from Midnight Rendezvous
Nuclear Assault - 3/4 from Game Over
Hell, Demolition Hammer - all three surviving members
Candlemass - 4/5 from Nightfall (and technically everyone from Epicus since Langquist/Bergwall were credited as session musicians)

FCDN Tormentor re-recordings have all the original members. So probably the same live.
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

I think - Torch - as well.
Knowledge Is Power
vansinne

Post by vansinne »

Speaking of Tormentors, the Hungarian one will be performing with all members from Anno Domini plus Tamas who was on 7th Day of Doom.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

News flash, if you are posting something on the internet then you are opening yourself up to criticism.

It's also a contradiction to claim I'm "complaining" and then complain about my comments.

I realize you are from the "pacific northwest" and have some false sense of pride associated with that but as someone that's promoting a festival you should be anticipating questions about the bands.

It's not surprising that a website committed to a niche market of archaic Metal bands will have purists like myself looking for performances consisting of primarily members from the golden era rather then 1-2 original members in a tribute or cover band.

Not everyone is satisfied with roxxcalibur and an vocalist.

The snowflake generation continues...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Avenger, we all know you are a whiner, we do need a subforum for it. You single handledly pretty much ruined this forum, main reason many former contributors vanished. Suck it up and know it is true.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

doomedplanet wrote:Avenger, we all know you are a whiner, we do need a subforum for it. You single handledly pretty much ruined this forum, main reason many former contributors vanished. Suck it up and know it is true.
If having an opinion "ruins" a forum then you are clearly a sign of the times where freedom of speech is chastised by cancerous mommas boys with hurt feelings.

Were you fed soy instead of breast milk as a child?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Avenger wrote:
doomedplanet wrote:Avenger, we all know you are a whiner, we do need a subforum for it. You single handledly pretty much ruined this forum, main reason many former contributors vanished. Suck it up and know it is true.
If having an opinion "ruins" a forum then you are clearly a sign of the times where freedom of speech is chastised by cancerous mommas boys with hurt feelings.

Were you fed soy instead of breast milk as a child?
Avenger, a wise man once shared this nugget of wisdom with me & i feel it applies here.
"When everyone in town thinks you stink of shit, maybe it's time to wipe your arse instead of blaming their noses."
I'm not having a go at you, but perhaps it would serve you better to reflect once in a while instead of always deflecting & being so aggresively defensive.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.