Official Heavy Load reissues on No Remorse

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
J.
Posts: 69

Official Heavy Load reissues on No Remorse

Post#1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:51 am

HEAVY LOAD - DEFYING THE POWERS OF THE DARK SEA

No Remorse Records and Gabriel Management are immensely proud to present something on many Heavy Metal fans' wish list: the most exciting series of re-issues of the decade.

They are widely held as the band that started the whole Swedish Heavy Metal wave with their first album in 1978. In addition, they are regarded as the first Viking Metal band in the world. HEAVY LOAD, a name that electrifies fans around the globe. A band - a name that never ceased to reverberate and fascinate. In fact, a list of the bands that officially admit that they were influenced or inspired by this mythical Swedish act could turn out to be endless.

THE RESURRECTION OF THE LOST HEAVY LOAD RECORDINGS

Due to the famous flood that devastated Thunderload Studios back in 2001 (one meter of water for five hours), the HEAVY LOAD tapes had been evacuated, scattered, misplaced and believed to be damaged beyond repair. After arduous efforts trying to find and restore the tapes, the band´s founding members Ragne and Styrbjörn Wahlquist discovered that the recordings could be re-mastered.
These legendary albums have been out of print since the eighties. Bootlegs with poor sound quality have been abundant, and they are continuously selling in increasing numbers to new audiences around the world. In fact, no licensed CDs have ever been made (despite their often legal appearances) except for the rare Japanese releases from the Eighties. But, for ages, fans, journalists, musicians influenced by the band, as well as people of the music industry have tried to persuade Ragne and Styrbjörn to reissue their original recordings on both CD and vinyl LP. And now, at last, they will.

THE EXPANDED HIGH QUALITY REISSUES

In order to guarantee the best sound quality, the reissued LPs and CDs will be remastered directly from the original analogue tapes. This will be done by Ragne and Styrbjörn themselves at Atlantis Grammofon in Stockholm – one of the few studios that still have the capacity to handle recordings the old analogue way. Now, finally, you will be able to hear the albums the way they were meant to be.
These official reissues will be expanded with bonus tracks. Some of these tracks have never been heard by the public before – demos and songs recorded for the albums which had to be dropped due to the limited playing time on LPs. The reissues will be available both as CDs (in deluxe digipak packages) and vinyl LPs (in gatefold covers). Both the CDs and the LPs will have the same bonus tracks. The CD covers will be coupled with great booklets, designed by the Wahlquist brothers themselves. Both the CD and the LP booklets will feature previously unpublished photos, as well as stories about how the songs came about.

HEAVY LOAD - FOUNDED IN 1975

HEAVY LOAD was founded in 1975 by two brothers: Ragne Wahlquist (vocals, keyboards and guitar) and Styrbjörn Wahlquist (vocals and drums). In 1978 HEAVY LOAD released their first album "Full Speed at High Level" - during an era when the Swedish media and record industry claimed that Hard Rock was dead and that the band was doomed to fail. The Wahlquist brothers’ vision has always been the core of what HEAVY LOAD was all about. So after expanding the band with a second guitarist, they founded their own recording facility, the famous Thunderload Studios, along with their own label, Thunderload Records. On their own label, they released timeless classics such as "Metal Conquest" (1981), "Death Or Glory" (1982) and "Stronger Than Evil" (1983) by HEAVY LOAD.

THINGS TO COME

At last, due to an epic pact between the band and No Remorse Records, the back catalogue will be made available again. This series of ultimate reissues will start in the early Summer of 2017, with their last album "Stronger Than Evil" and continue back through their production.
But that’s not all of it. Far from it! As 2018 marks the 40th anniversary of their debut album, HEAVY LOAD prepares something special. Something special to DEFY THE POWERS OF THE DARK SEA.



https://www.facebook.com/heavyloadoffic ... 52390985:0

User avatar
Levi
Posts: 347

Re: Official Heavy Load reissues on No Remorse

Post#2 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:39 am

Great news!

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6225
Contact:

Re: Official Heavy Load reissues on No Remorse

Post#3 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:53 am

I'm very impressed by the fact that they managed to convince the band to do this. MANY have tried before and failed. Hope we'll see some releases containing unreleased material only, and not just have the goodies scattered among the regular releases as bonus tracks. There should be plenty of material to go around...

User avatar
Herkus Monte
Posts: 479

Re: Official Heavy Load reissues on No Remorse

Post#4 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:06 am

I gather those reissues should contain the 3 track demo which Dirty Rocker unearthed some time ago?
"You say meh to god of black metal?"

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Re: Official Heavy Load reissues on No Remorse

Post#5 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:50 pm

I agree with Dan. I wonder what the offer was that got the band to decide to reissue the material since their attitude in the past had been along the lines that if people still wanted to listen to the music they could just download it.

It's a shame "no remorse" is the label doing this though. They put out very low quality products. CD's with inserts that look used when they are still sealed with the cheapest pressed CD's outside of a self-made CD-R. To top it off they follow this announcement by claiming an official japanese reissue done back in the 90's isn't a legitimate press in attempt to make the "first time on CD" claim...

This label needs to educate themselves followed by learning what quality control standards are.
Last edited by Avenger on Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"

stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
Priamos
Posts: 501

Re: Official Heavy Load reissues on No Remorse

Post#6 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:10 pm

Avenger wrote:I agree with Dan. I wonder what the offer was that got the band to decide to reissue the material since their attitude in the past had been along the lines that if people still wanted to listen to the music they could just download it.

It's a shame "no remorse" is the label doing this though. They put out very low quality products. CD's with inserts that look used when they are still sealed with the cheapest pressed CD's outside of a self-made CD-R. To top it off they follow this announcement by claiming an official japanese reissue done back in the 90's isn't a legitimate press in attempt to make the "first time on CD" claim...

This label needs to educate themselves followed by learning what quality control standards are.

Nope, I think you got it wrong, The "first time on CD" was never really claimed:
In fact, no licensed CDs have ever been made (despite their often legal appearances) except for the rare Japanese releases from the Eighties.

They admit that this one legit. And obviously the band supports and approves all these statements.
The rest you mention about the quality of their releases, is your personal opinion and you are entitled to it, but most customers (myself included) are generally satisfied with them (especially their later stuff).
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...

Razanez
Posts: 23

Re: Official Heavy Load reissues on No Remorse

Post#7 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:44 pm

Avenger wrote:It's a shame "no remorse" is the label doing this though. They put out very low quality products. CD's with inserts that look used when they are still sealed with the cheapest pressed CD's outside of a self-made CD-R.


I've bought several no remorse vinyl re-presses, and they have been really good quality. Nice and glossy covers, and the records itself sounds good (after proper cleaning, nowadays it seems every new record needs it).

DaN wrote:Hope we'll see some releases containing unreleased material only, and not just have the goodies scattered among the regular releases as bonus tracks. There should be plenty of material to go around...


Agreed, stand-alone release with unreleased stuff would be awesome.

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Re: Official Heavy Load reissues on No Remorse

Post#8 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:59 pm

Priamos wrote:
Avenger wrote:I agree with Dan. I wonder what the offer was that got the band to decide to reissue the material since their attitude in the past had been along the lines that if people still wanted to listen to the music they could just download it.

It's a shame "no remorse" is the label doing this though. They put out very low quality products. CD's with inserts that look used when they are still sealed with the cheapest pressed CD's outside of a self-made CD-R. To top it off they follow this announcement by claiming an official japanese reissue done back in the 90's isn't a legitimate press in attempt to make the "first time on CD" claim...

This label needs to educate themselves followed by learning what quality control standards are.

Nope, I think you got it wrong, The "first time on CD" was never really claimed:
In fact, no licensed CDs have ever been made (despite their often legal appearances) except for the rare Japanese releases from the Eighties.

They admit that this one legit. And obviously the band supports and approves all these statements.
The rest you mention about the quality of their releases, is your personal opinion and you are entitled to it, but most customers (myself included) are generally satisfied with them (especially their later stuff).



Big surprise here. A member of the online greek metal brigade comes to the rescue of their precious countrymen's label. Just like when I called out “no remorse” a while back for pushing the same garbage bootlegs infecting every online market place. Just like when I called out greg from eat metal for being unreliable and/or not giving a shit about his customers by taking several weeks to ship orders. I’m guessing that it won’t be long before someone representing the label joins in on the conversation after you run off tattling to them about what the bad man on the internet typed.

For starters there are no Japanese CD pressings from the 80's. The only Japanese CD pressings are from 1996. These have been known to be legit forever. Now “no remorse” comes into the picture and puts out a statement ignorantly claiming otherwise in attempt to spread misinformation for the sake of potential sales.

Secondly, quality when referring to a physical object is not subjective. I’m not saying the MUSIC is bad. Art IS subjective. I’m saying they have no quality control standards yet still have the balls to ask standard CD prices in comparison to other labels releasing quality products.

Either way, I welcome the label to join the conversation here. Last time they did it wasn’t long after reading my comments that they pulled the bootlegs they were pedaling from their online store (at least on a regular basis anyway).

Regarding your decision to side with the label, do me a favor and educate yourself by doing a couple google searches, read the posts on this exact forum regarding the product quality of this label in the past and then get back to me. This routine got old a long time ago. I’m not sure why you still feel inclined to chime in every time something negative is said about anything related to the metal scene in your country.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"

stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Re: Official Heavy Load reissues on No Remorse

Post#9 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:20 pm

Razanez wrote:
Avenger wrote:It's a shame "no remorse" is the label doing this though. They put out very low quality products. CD's with inserts that look used when they are still sealed with the cheapest pressed CD's outside of a self-made CD-R.


I've bought several no remorse vinyl re-presses, and they have been really good quality. Nice and glossy covers, and the records itself sounds good (after proper cleaning, nowadays it seems every new record needs it).


I can't speak for the vinyl. I don't deal in that format.

However, I've been around long enough that when this label first started (I was amazed at how they ripped off their name from the long defunct German label of the 80's) I was unfortunate enough to purchase some of their first releases like the Randy demo compilation directly from them. Even priced below stuff released by a quality label like Stormspell, I felt ripped off.

A few years later after they pulled the bootlegs from their store I felt obligated to give them another chance for cleaning up their act and purchased a few more CD's. ALL except for one arrive with inserts that were bent/creased/wavy with several dings around the outside edges with cheap flimsy discs printed by the same plant that the bootlegs pour out of over there.

Very unsatisfied with their product even after giving them another chance with the benefit of the doubt that the label had to mature.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"

stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
Priamos
Posts: 501

Re: Official Heavy Load reissues on No Remorse

Post#10 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:48 pm

Avenger wrote:
Priamos wrote:
Avenger wrote:I agree with Dan. I wonder what the offer was that got the band to decide to reissue the material since their attitude in the past had been along the lines that if people still wanted to listen to the music they could just download it.

It's a shame "no remorse" is the label doing this though. They put out very low quality products. CD's with inserts that look used when they are still sealed with the cheapest pressed CD's outside of a self-made CD-R. To top it off they follow this announcement by claiming an official japanese reissue done back in the 90's isn't a legitimate press in attempt to make the "first time on CD" claim...

This label needs to educate themselves followed by learning what quality control standards are.

Nope, I think you got it wrong, The "first time on CD" was never really claimed:
In fact, no licensed CDs have ever been made (despite their often legal appearances) except for the rare Japanese releases from the Eighties.

They admit that this one legit. And obviously the band supports and approves all these statements.
The rest you mention about the quality of their releases, is your personal opinion and you are entitled to it, but most customers (myself included) are generally satisfied with them (especially their later stuff).



Big surprise here. A member of the online greek metal brigade comes to the rescue of their precious countrymen's label. Just like when I called out “no remorse” a while back for pushing the same garbage bootlegs infecting every online market place. Just like when I called out greg from eat metal for being unreliable and/or not giving a shit about his customers by taking several weeks to ship orders. I’m guessing that it won’t be long before someone representing the label joins in on the conversation after you run off tattling to them about what the bad man on the internet typed.

For starters there are no Japanese CD pressings from the 80's. The only Japanese CD pressings are from 1996. These have been known to be legit forever. Now “no remorse” comes into the picture and puts out a statement ignorantly claiming otherwise in attempt to spread misinformation for the sake of potential sales.

Secondly, quality when referring to a physical object is not subjective. I’m not saying the MUSIC is bad. Art IS subjective. I’m saying they have no quality control standards yet still have the balls to ask standard CD prices in comparison to other labels releasing quality products.

Either way, I welcome the label to join the conversation here. Last time they did it wasn’t long after reading my comments that they pulled the bootlegs they were pedaling from their online store (at least on a regular basis anyway).

Regarding your decision to side with the label, do me a favor and educate yourself by doing a couple google searches, read the posts on this exact forum regarding the product quality of this label in the past and then get back to me. This routine got old a long time ago. I’m not sure why you still feel inclined to chime in every time something negative is said about anything related to the metal scene in your country.

(I'll rephrase my original post to make it more comprehensible)
I think that it's easier for a neutral observer to detect prejudice and hostility in your attitude towards greek labels, than an attempt to advocate them, in mine.
But let's pretend that neither of them happens and we are just two ordinary folks speaking our minds about labels in general and this one specifically.

The truth is that "whoever is without sin, let him cast the first stone". I've been around too long, as well, to know that (almost) every label (worldwide) has skeletons in its closet, a "dark hidden past". But neither the current way they function and work is made of roses. Some show disrespect to the customer selling crap for an easy buck and some others lack of professionalism in general. Some others overprice their stuff and the list could go on... It's almost impossible to find a "flawless" label. It's the nature of this fuckin bussiness. Marketing can never be completely innocent. However, if they are petty offences, I deliberately choose to ignore them. Not only because noone is perfect, but mainly because I generally feel gratitude to them for being my metal providers and keeping metal alive. It seems that your approach is more strict and judgemental in a way you'll never be satisfied and content with anything.

PS. It seems we also have different definitons of the term "bad quality", as you are "item worshipper"/collector and I am not. For me "bad quality" equals non-functionable CD now or after 10/20/30 years. Bad quality also equals really bad sound and very poor booklet. Sorry, but nothing else is of my serious concern and hardly ever notice it.
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Re: Official Heavy Load reissues on No Remorse

Post#11 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:07 pm

Priamos wrote: (I'll rephrase my original post to make it more comprehensible)
I think that it's easier for a neutral observer to detect prejudice and hostility in your attitude towards greek labels, than an attempt to advocate them, in mine.
But let's pretend that neither of them happens and we are just two ordinary folks speaking our minds about labels in general and this one specifically.

The truth is that "whoever is without sin, let him cast the first stone". I've been around too long, as well, to know that (almost) every label (worldwide) has skeletons in its closet, a "dark hidden past". But neither the current way they function and work is made of roses. Some show disrespect to the customer selling crap for an easy buck and some others lack of professionalism in general. Some others overprice their stuff and the list could go on... It's almost impossible to find a "flawless" label. It's the nature of this fuckin bussiness. Marketing can never be completely innocent. However, if they are petty offences, I deliberately choose to ignore them. Not only because noone is perfect, but mainly because I generally feel gratitude to them for being my metal providers and keeping metal alive. It seems that your approach is more strict and judgemental in a way you'll never be satisfied and content with anything.

PS. It seems we also have different definitons of the term "bad quality", as you are "item worshipper"/collector and I am not. For me "bad quality" equals non-functionable CD now or after 10/20/30 years. Bad quality also equals really bad sound and very poor booklet. Sorry, but nothing else is of my serious concern and hardly ever notice it.


Again, I can’t say I’m surprised by your poorly concluded priorities. Incase you haven’t noticed this is a “collector” website/forum. Obviously my opinion is going to favor that perspective.

Despite what you may have convinced yourself to believe, I do not hold a bias to a label or anyone for that matter based on where they are located. If you stock bootlegs without specifically mentioning that they are bootlegs then you are a piece of shit. You are trying to swindle the buyer. You are putting profit over integrity. That may not mean anything to you but to most with a reasonable set of values in life it does. I’ve also openly called out Shadow Kingdom in the past for the exact same business practices. Guess what? They are located in the US. I guess that debunks your entire theory now doesn’t it? But why I’m bothering to explain this to you is beyond me at this point as you’ve been grasping at straws for years already and you will continue to believe and remember only what you choose to.

I also don’t buy this bullshit argument that it’s being done to “keep metal alive”. How many of these guys are turning a profit on this behavior? I’m willing to bet nearly all of them or it would be a waste of time. They aren’t moving this crap with the sole intent to educate the curious. If that was the case it could be done online through MP3’s without involving cost.

As for the rest of your “points” I’m not going to bother with any further comments. If you can’t figure out the difference between a poor and high quality physical product and simply sight ignorance as your excuse then there’s no need for me to continue here.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"

stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
Priamos
Posts: 501

Re: Official Heavy Load reissues on No Remorse

Post#12 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:47 pm

Avenger wrote:
Incase you haven’t noticed this is a “collector” website/forum.

Hm... I always thought that it was mainly an "olde metal" site/forum and the rest followed. It seems that sooner or later everyone has to choose sides (according to my old topic: http://thecorroseum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6221&hilit=healthy) and obviously you have chosen yours.

When you returned from your long abscence i was (honestly) happy and relieved to see that you were somehow changed to a more civilised, balanced and easytalking guy than you used to be. Only in this terms, I bothered to talk to you. Unfortunately you are still the same obnoxious, opinionated, agressive and insulting "old" Avenger we used to know, that of course I have no interest in interacting with.

PS. Your, "it's either black or white, and there is nothing between", logic is outdated and naive. Only fundamentalists (of any religion) and political radicals, seem to follow it anymore.
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Re: Official Heavy Load reissues on No Remorse

Post#13 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:04 pm

Priamos wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Incase you haven’t noticed this is a “collector” website/forum.

Hm... I always thought that it was mainly an "olde metal" site/forum and the rest followed. It seems that sooner or later everyone has to choose sides (according to my old topic: http://thecorroseum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6221&hilit=healthy) and obviously you have chosen yours.

When you returned from your long abscence i was (honestly) happy and relieved to see that you were somehow changed to a more civilised, balanced and easytalking guy than you used to be. Only in this terms, I bothered to talk to you. Unfortunately you are still the same obnoxious, opinionated, agressive and insulting "old" Avenger we used to know, that of course I have no interest in interacting with.

PS. Your, "it's either black or white, and there is nothing between", logic is outdated and naive. Only fundamentalists (of any religion) and political radicals, seem to follow it anymore.


This isn't about changing as a person. Clearly you haven't either when you still resort to playing the knight in shining armor role by riding in on a white stallion to protect your fellow countrymen every time you take offense to something typed on the internet about them.

I will never in a hundred years take kindly to those that condone the selling of bootlegs without prior acknowledgement that they are fakes. This is not comparable to any other "petty offense" you may suggest as a comparison. Claiming ignorance is not an excuse.

If you prefer a more civilized conversation on the matter then you should start by not making uninformed accusations about me prior to stating your side of the argument. I don't care where a label or an individual is located. If you have shitty business practices and/or lack of ethics in what you do then don't cry about it when it's brought up in a negative light later on down the road. The internet is free reign.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"

stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

otcmetal
Posts: 167

Re: Official Heavy Load reissues on No Remorse

Post#14 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:45 pm

:|
Last edited by otcmetal on Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Priamos
Posts: 501

Re: Official Heavy Load reissues on No Remorse

Post#15 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:01 pm

Ok, man since you are back in the "civilised track", let's do some more talking if you don't mind.

Are you familiar with the fact that the majority of the "respectful" labels worldwide, had serious or minor bootleg involvement in the past (or even present) and minor or major involvement with other illegal or unethical activities? Do you know that some of the collectors in this forum, have also been involved in dubious practices regarding bootlegs but also other unethical acts? Have you tried to spot all these, expose them publicly and cut them off from your life? After all, is this your aim? To become an inquisitor?? A crusader? If so I respect it, but you need more than 2-3 greek labels and Shadow Kingdom in order to do so.

But let's get back to the "objectively" poor quality. I see an inconsistency here: How rich is the quality of the original mid-late 80s/early 90s CDs, you and some other collectors, seek with so much passion?? If No remorse released, the Heavy Load reissues -for instance-in a Price Killers edition quality would you have been satisfied or have you still been bitching for the low quality? Is it OK to give 100 $ for Price Killers poor quality, but not OK to give 13 Euros for the-not so poor-No Remorse CDs quality? So, after all, are there really some "objective", high quality standards for you to buy a CD or you bend your own rules to whatever fits you?


PS. My arguments were not meant to be insulting or aggressive, just direct and honest. So, please, don't see them as an effort to offend or insult you. My intentions are from neutral to well-meant and I aim at continuing the conversation in a polite manner.
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...

Return to “Into Battle”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

cron