OVERRATED METAL SCENES

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Fire Down Under wrote:
The Knell wrote:Nothing wrong with Dimmu or old COF, IMO.

I never heard recent Sigh until now. I don't like it, but the Visual Kei comment was cool, haha.
...but you cannot judge after hearing one minute of an entire album :wink:
Of course I can!

...why did you post that link then?
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

here is another one to stir things up...Italian Doom Scene (taking out the classix like B Hole and Paul Chain´s early and excellent works...)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Priamos wrote:
Avenger wrote:Before this turns into a tear-fest of racism accusations from the usual suspects I am going to make it very clear that this has nothing to do with the people from this country personally but rather the MUSIC of the BANDS that came from the country.

Greece gets my vote hands down. There were a couple of demo only Thrash acts at the very end of the decade that were alright and perhaps Spitfire and Rust are also mid-range good but the rest is very mediocre and often wrongly described as "Power Metal". The country may have a strong fan base but 99% of the bands were completely forgettable.
As Chatzial said, you can't claim that the greek scene is overrated. You have this impression because its supporters (mainly greek) support it passionately. About the bands and the music, I can accept that most of the times it's love it or hate it.

PS. I think no one would call you 'racist' for not liking greek metal (on the contrary, it's pretty reasonable for a non greek) but for claiming, for instance, that the bootleg problem is exclusively greek, then you are playing with fire for being called at least prejudiced. :D
Avenger wrote:no one really praises any of these scenes on a regular basis anyways so my post fits in with the content of this thread.
By the way, I never said that bootlegs are exclusive to greece. However, a larger percentage then anywhere else come from greece. Again, I have stated this before and proof can be found on ebay so it’s a fact. Stop re-hashing old discussions that have been done to death
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Outcast

Post by Outcast »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:Italian Doom Scene (taking out the classix like B Hole and Paul Chain´s early and excellent works...)
Maybe only recently it gets some hype, but it just can't be more overrated than '90s UK doom scene which really is a root of worst doom stereotypes.
Also: Maryland doom. With few honorable exceptions, fuck, this one really is a boring and overrated scene.
Fire Down Under

Post by Fire Down Under »

The Knell wrote:
Fire Down Under wrote:
The Knell wrote:Nothing wrong with Dimmu or old COF, IMO.

I never heard recent Sigh until now. I don't like it, but the Visual Kei comment was cool, haha.
...but you cannot judge after hearing one minute of an entire album :wink:
Of course I can!

...why did you post that link then?
...because of Mirai's statement.