AWOL from New York

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
DaN
Administructor

AWOL from New York

Post by DaN »

I finally got my hands on a copy of this intriguing and very original MLP at the KIT Metal Market. Of course I had to review it. I'm sure it's an album that generates some very diverse opinions, so let's hear them!

[youtube]Qww1wIJgzOM[/youtube]
Avenger

Re: AWOL from New York

Post by Avenger »

I've never heard this one before but after listening to the youtube tracks I actually found the album a little refreshing due to how unique it is. I can definitely see some guys having an issue with the vocals and/or the jazz inspired bass parts. The guitarist is talented. I can see why his later work was put out by Mr. Varney. "Interesting" is a good word to descibe this though since it's not your standard run of the mill stuff.

Speaking of bands with acronym names, has anyone heard the BOWA - '87 Demo?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DESECRATOR777

Post by DESECRATOR777 »

they are from out here in Staten Island. Ron the guitar player plays in Guns N Roses or used to at least. His stage name is bumblefoot or some stupid shit. I hate GNR. Anyway, AWOL record is great for sure.
spit on thunder!
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

I like it.
Knowledge Is Power