Old Spanish metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

For me it's just statistics really. Spain just happen to be one of the countries where I've found the least interesting stuff. I mean, that lot has fall on some country right? As for Spanish vocals I don't have a problem with them at all. ARKANGEL and RESISTENCIA from Venezuela are 2 of my all-time fave HR/HM bands and my 2 fave Spanish records would be MAZO and the EVO debut, both sung in Spanish.

I might add that Spain still had loads of very rare and obscure releases that I still haven't heard. Final judgement pending.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Perhaps it wouldn't be bad if some albums would be uploaded smwr so we could taste and judge by ourselves. One could inform us by pms, if not other way. I'd love to hear Acracia. And I think most members are not language-biased. at least few of us would go for Su Ta Gar, singing in Euskera.
I am ... the One you warned me of
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Noisenik wrote:Perhaps it wouldn't be bad if some albums would be uploaded smwr so we could taste and judge by ourselves. One could inform us by pms, if not other way. I'd love to hear Acracia. And I think most members are not language-biased. at least few of us would go for Su Ta Gar, singing in Euskera.
I had uploaded ADN's LP a few months ago. I think you should download it if you haven't done it already, top-notch material sung in Spanish.

Su Ta Gar's debut album is amazing. Killer power metal with lots of thrash hints.

I can upload some other Spanish stuff as well, but what exactly we're looking for?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

I thought Derrick might do it, too :)

No, I haven't dwnldd ADN, I haven't dwnldd anything since February. Cannot do without premium accounts (no premium no accelerators, no accelerators no download) (big F* to RS and my Internet provider). And I should download all the rest that I already did, but forget to specify to my computer servicemen to copy the map in question to new HD when the old gone to HD-heaven or hell. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

So I am mostly asking for others ...
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I remember I had problems with downloading the ADN album, still haven't heard it. I shall upload some Spanish stuff as well in the near future. The Su TA Gar debut is a wantlist topper of mine.

Personally I prefer the Spanish language to other languages, it fits the music so perfectly, it oozes metal in its purest form, therefore I'm always on the hunt for Spanish metal and metal from middle and south america.
Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The Sentinel wrote:The Su TA Gar debut is a wantlist topper of mine.
You mean you have heard it and you're after an original or haven't you heard it at all?

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

I have to admit that I am not that familiar with the Spanish scene as well...
Apart from Exodo, I enjoyed Muro and Zeus a lot. That video clip from the Su-Ta-Gar debut sounded indeed killer!
I ordered the Goliath LP, but have to wait until I get it...
The biggest dissapointment of Spanish Metal I heard so far was definitely Alcaudon, which is pure crap...
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

ION BRITTON wrote:
You mean you have heard it and you're after an original or haven't you heard it at all?
I heard it once at a festival from some guy who had it on tape in his car, since then I'm searching it everywhere, an upload would be great also :wink:
Long Live The Loud !!!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

The Sentinel wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:
I heard it once at a festival from some guy who had it on tape in his car, since then I'm searching it everywhere, an upload would be great also :wink:
I think I have a rip somewhere. Might up it tomorrow if John couldn't today.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Derrick Metaliszta wrote: Banzai - Their first album has that perfect NWOBHM feeling.
Something weird about BANZAI: Listen to the fourth track of their "Duro y potente" album. It's called 'No Quiero Esperar'. Then put RANDY's "The beast". Handcuffs needed? Who knows...

The Metal Police

Derrick Metaliszta

Post by Derrick Metaliszta »

Hahah

I think uploading Su Ta Gar's debut violates some of the corroseum's rules since its not OOP

And yeah maybe I can upload some stuff!
Melalui lorong hidupku, akan ku teruskan...
Pelayaran ini sehingga hujungnya!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

ION BRITTON wrote:Something weird about BANZAI: Listen to the fourth track of their "Duro y potente" album. It's called 'No Quiero Esperar'. Then put RANDY's "The beast". Handcuffs needed? Who knows...

The Metal Police
Better throw RANDY in the slammer as well then, since "The Beast" is pretty much a rip-off of BRAINFEVER's "Capture the Night" :wink:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:Something weird about BANZAI: Listen to the fourth track of their "Duro y potente" album. It's called 'No Quiero Esperar'. Then put RANDY's "The beast". Handcuffs needed? Who knows...

The Metal Police
Better throw RANDY in the slammer as well then, since "The Beast" is pretty much a rip-off of BRAINFEVER's "Capture the Night" :wink:
You misundestood me Dan. BANZAI's track was written 2 years before RANDY's "The beast". We slowly begin to destroy the hype of this super-rare 7''. 8)

DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

ION BRITTON wrote:You misundestood me Dan. BANZAI's track was written 2 years before RANDY's "The beast". We slowly begin to destroy the hype of this super-rare 7''. 8)
a-HAH! I sense a conspiracy here. Could the Illuminati be involved? *tinfoil-hat on*

Btw, I just read Peter's review of the ACRACIA lp at the Metalpage - this needs to be uploaded in Poisonoise pronto!

Or just send me the bloody LP already. I deserve it! I'm a great guy! No, really..
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote: Btw, I just read Peter's review of the ACRACIA lp at the Metalpage - this needs to be uploaded in Poisonoise pronto!
I need to hear too. Come on guys, somebody must have a nice rip of it...