Tokyo Blade

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

Which release by Tokyo Blade is your fave?

Tokyo Blade
63%
Night Of The Blade
34%
Black Hearts And Jaded Spades
2%

Total votes: 41

mordred

Post by mordred »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:
mordred wrote:homosexual abomination
That's the title for my band's first demo sorted out. Cheers!
Is Vic Wright gonna sing on it even?
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

mordred wrote:
Ernest Thesiger wrote:
mordred wrote:homosexual abomination
That's the title for my band's first demo sorted out. Cheers!
Is Vic Wright gonna sing on it even?
I bloody hope not!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
FenderMedium

Post by FenderMedium »

In order for it to be a homosexual abomination it has to have Vic Wright singing on it that was the point he was getting at I think :lol:
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

FenderMedium wrote:In order for it to be a homosexual abomination it has to have Vic Wright singing on it that was the point he was getting at I think :lol:
Hey, no need to explain. The bloke out of Sinful's going to be on it instead.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
pzman

Post by pzman »

Tokyo Blade is amongst my favorite NWOBHM bands. I love both their first two albums but i picked the s/t only by a margin. Wrote some excellent songs including If Heaven Is Hell which is i belive one of the best NWOBHM songs ever!
JonahQuizz

Post by JonahQuizz »

Definitely the first album. Alan Marsh outsings Vic Wright anytime and already on night of the blade some songs are starting to become quite "glamy"
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

I like the first two albums and the various EPs they did at that time. 'The Night Before' is also very cool, and I too don't mind 'No Remorse', as it has a handful of fun songs (so bad they're fun in some cases).
Favorite is the expanded version of Midnight Rendezvous. I think (not certain) that was a Combat release for the US (I don't think the 'normal' version of the s/t LP had US distribution, so for americans this was 'our' version of the first TB album, even if it was realy a re-vamped EP). The tracklisting on MR is a little better than the s/t IMO.
It's funny to see so many negative comments about Vic's vocals, as in the past I've heard more complaints about Marsh's vocals! :) Neither are my favorite singer of all time, but I don't mind either of them.
Good band that should have been bigger. They had a great combination of heaviness and melody. I should check out some of their other albums like 'Black Hearts...' some time.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

The first lp for me as well But ......The Night Before is simply their best release imo.Vic Wright is great as well but Marsh is G-R-E-A-T!
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
Witchfynde

Post by Witchfynde »

Night of the Blade.
Morbid Tapes

Post by Morbid Tapes »

Definitely the 1st album. The 2nd one only has one song that I like ("Night of the Blade"), whoever said that record started to get 'glamy' speaks the truth.
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Same and Night...I can't fuckin choose, they're both masterpieces!
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I dig them both.

"Black Hearts And Jaded Spades" also sounds quite similar to "Night Of The Blade" in my opinion.

Is "No Remorse" where Pozz took over on vocals and the band turned more commercial sounding oriented?

I own "No Remorse", but I've never heard "Ain't Misbehavin'", so I'm wondering if the big change wasn't sooner.

I've got to get that one...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

im really no expert in Tokyo Blade...but sure i can say the had a really good live show back in the day (lil bit "glammy" but ok)
DeathMetalWeenie

Post by DeathMetalWeenie »

For sure the debut...I had both version back then. I even had a Polygram/Banzai records version of the debut back then, since I live by the Canadian/ US border. I had alot of those Banzai Records titles, since they were so easy to find, in my area.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

DeathMetalWeenie wrote:since I live by the Canadian/ US border
Which side do you live on? US?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."