lost METAL CHURCH tracks w/Mike Howe on vox !

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

lost METAL CHURCH tracks w/Mike Howe on vox !

Post by OmenOfSteel »

Metal Hails!

I recently could acquire a real Metal Treasure, a METAL CHURCH Demotape with 3 tracks, no J-Card but pro-sticker on tape saying it was recorded in TRIAD studios. I can find no info whatsoever about it online and wanted to ask if someone can tell me the year of release of this tape and maybe some background info on this recording.

The demo features three songs, one of them being FLEE FROM REALITY which made it on HUMAN FACTOR, so the demo must have been recorded between BLESSING and HUMAN FACTOR, probably in 1990 I'd guess.

But what makes this tape so special is not the rough version of FLEE, but that there are TWO UNRELEASED and (at least to me) totally unknown tracks in good studio-sound-quality on it, right from the best period this band ever had with Mike Howe!

These tracks are entitled TO THE NAKED EYE and END TO END, both of them crush and would have looked great on HUMAN FACTOR!!!

To my knowledge these tracks never made it on any album or bootleg nor were they ever played live, hell what a find...

Maybe these will make it to the new album now that Mike is back, we'll see.
We praise the blood that metal brings
martinsane

Re: lost METAL CHURCH tracks w/Mike Howe on vox !

Post by martinsane »

That is a great find and sounds period appropriate.I'm not familiar with the demo or the songs, but I'd love to hear them.

Triad Studios is/was a Seattle, Washington, studio at the time and recorded many famous musicians.

Have you thought to reach out to MC through their website or FB?
metalhead__666

Post by metalhead__666 »

Hi OmenOfSteel,

I sent you a PM about these. Did you ever find out more details about the tracks?? I don't think these titles made it to the XI album.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I've never been the biggest fan of Howe with Metal Church. I much prefer his time with Heretic and David Wayne era Metal Church.

Regardless, it would be interesting to have a listen or at least a photo of the demo.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Northwinds

Post by Northwinds »

Avenger wrote:I've never been the biggest fan of Howe with Metal Church. I much prefer his time with Heretic and David Wayne era Metal Church.

Regardless, it would be interesting to have a listen or at least a photo of the demo.
This

I have asealed copy of Northwest Metal Fest w/ MC on it, I wonder who the singer was on it? It's buried but I suppose I could take a look. Also, wondered about Reverend which was Metal Church originally?
metalhead__666

Post by metalhead__666 »

Northwinds wrote:
Avenger wrote:I've never been the biggest fan of Howe with Metal Church. I much prefer his time with Heretic and David Wayne era Metal Church.

This

I have asealed copy of Northwest Metal Fest w/ MC on it, I wonder who the singer was on it? It's buried but I suppose I could take a look. Also, wondered about Reverend which was Metal Church originally?

sorry for the duplicate!
Last edited by metalhead__666 on Mon May 02, 2016 11:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
metalhead__666

Post by metalhead__666 »

metalhead__666 wrote:
Northwinds wrote:

This

I can supply a photo

picture host
Last edited by metalhead__666 on Mon May 02, 2016 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Appreciate it.

Cheers.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."