Sloppy Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
BentSlightly

Sloppy Metal

Post by BentSlightly »

Sometimes it's hard for me to peg exactly what kicks my ass about metal. At times though, I feel that a band can be so bad that they are good. Kind of like a "B" movie.
Can any of you here think of any old bands that match my previous statements?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

THRASH QUEEN. They are insanely bad and badly insane. I really can't get enough of it! A crap metal classic.

KILLER FOX. Robot metal at its best. "Running blade" will tear you to pieces!

RANDOM. Fantastic crap. Possibly the lamest melodic band i've ever heard.

LEATHER ANGEL. Not extremely crappy, but they are crap to the bone.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
BentSlightly

Post by BentSlightly »

Awesome I'll check them out.

Here's one of my favorites. King'o'war

http://www.trashvideo.org/kingowar/

There videos are amazing, and I can't get enough of them. But I often wonder whether they are as tounge in cheek as I anticipate. Awesome musician ship with bizarre lo-production vocals.

They give away their albums on the site.
peterott

Post by peterott »

Gorefest's Chapter 13 is the most crap album from them, but at the same time it is funny how they got pushed from the record label (Judas Priest support) but failed miserably.

Mystifier's "The World Is So Good..." record with the operatic vocals. Oh boy, either you get a hard one, or you puke the whole day. The music is cool, but the operatic vocals are a hit or double-miss. Especially when the guy is a half-tone away from what he should sing...

Törr's "Tanec Svatyho Vita" release. Whoaaa Thrash Metal goes Techno. You will never forget this, and never listen to this again. The last album before they skipped their experimental stage.

Don't know but I consider Dodheimsgard's Monumental Possession album as one of the best Black/Thrash records of all time. However the first 10 seconds of the 666 International LP sounded quiet cool, but then I had 65min of facial palsy in the final stage.

DaN may agree (due to his nice Incredibly Strange Land compilation) but i always have to grin when listening to any of the 3 Exmortes EPs or the Split with Apator.

I once bough the Necrodeath/Schizo Project Monocane LP and, well, oh boy, I cried about the 20DM I lost here. this is not even funny, or I don't get the jokes, who knows.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

I wouldn't say that these two are bad, but anyway:
Bombarder - when you hear the solo in Speed Metal Maniac ... :D
Flames - 1st album - the disco drums rule!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

sovdat wrote:Flames - 1st album - the disco drums rule!
I haven't heard the Made In Hell album but are the drums like Merciless Slaughter(fave Flames LP)?Many say that they hate that the drums are ultra-triggered but i love this drumming that Flames had it is one of my faves in Metal.Flames are one of the top 10 thrash bands of all time don't forget that! :wink:
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

All BEHERIT & early BATHORY!!!

It's what makes those records sooooo good!
beerandjesus

Post by beerandjesus »

I'm surprised to be the first to bring up In The Sign Of Evil by Sodom! That's about the sloppiest playing I've ever heard (not to mention, the funniest haircuts). They must have practiced a hell of a lot before cutting Obsessed By Cruelty, because I guarantee they didn't have any money to hire studio musicians.

And in case you were wondering, that first EP is by far my favorite of theirs!!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

beerandjesus wrote:I'm surprised to be the first to bring up In The Sign Of Evil by Sodom! That's about the sloppiest playing I've ever heard (not to mention, the funniest haircuts). They must have practiced a hell of a lot before cutting Obsessed By Cruelty, because I guarantee they didn't have any money to hire studio musicians.

I think it rules, they are a reason for me to going to the Wacken festival maybe along with Possessed and yes Saxon, can't get enough
Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The Sentinel wrote:
beerandjesus wrote:I'm surprised to be the first to bring up In The Sign Of Evil by Sodom! That's about the sloppiest playing I've ever heard (not to mention, the funniest haircuts). They must have practiced a hell of a lot before cutting Obsessed By Cruelty, because I guarantee they didn't have any money to hire studio musicians.

I think it rules, they are a reason for me to going to the Wacken festival maybe along with Possessed and yes Saxon, can't get enough
Well, it IS actually the best black-thrash album of all times! My favorite release by Sodom, words can't describe the brutality and the blackness of this unholy ultracatastrophic EP. Ask Sarcofago about it. I think they might kill you if you dare to say something bad...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
beerandjesus

Post by beerandjesus »

Has anyone on here heard of WHEELZ OF STEEL?

That's the biggest piece of shit of a metal album I've ever heard. Swear to God, it's completely inept. It's two brothers and a drum machine somewhere in Wisconsin, and that's exactly what it sounds like. They make Sodom on that first EP sound like Malmsteen.

I'm on the hunt for a copy!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

beerandjesus wrote:Has anyone on here heard of WHEELZ OF STEEL?

That's the biggest piece of shit of a metal album I've ever heard. Swear to God, it's completely inept. It's two brothers and a drum machine somewhere in Wisconsin, and that's exactly what it sounds like. They make Sodom on that first EP sound like Malmsteen.

I like ineptness, sometimes it produces fantastic results. So the one you mentioned must be a killer. And I really love our forum. It gives every band a chance. Even crap metal releases are heartily welcome. DaN invented/ conglomerated whole new genre. And yeah there's some fantastic crap metal out there.
I am ... the One you warned me of
beerandjesus

Post by beerandjesus »

Noisenik wrote:

I like ineptness, sometimes it produces fantastic results. So the one you mentioned must be a killer. And I really love our forum. It gives every band a chance. Even crap metal releases are heartily welcome. DaN invented/ conglomerated whole new genre. And yeah there's some fantastic crap metal out there.
I think it's a killer, but be warned, it's a TOTAL piece of shit!

What you should all run out and buy right now is the MADHOUSE record on Beer and Jesus! :D The singer is pretty inept, but the guitar is great, not to mention the songwriting!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Ever since Rob told me about this one I've been obsessed w/ finding a copy myself. I approached Jan Swanhill at a record fair in Sthlm a while back and asked if he would consider selling his copy. At first he seemed interrested, but later decided it belonged in his "real-people Music" collection :(
Does anyone have this for upload?

More on sloppy, slimey Steel after nappy-time..
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

This thread wouldn't be complete without...

COMPLETE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRnPE1u4ruM