Dutch Steel

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
User avatar
malegys
Posts: 532

Re: Dutch Steel

Post#76 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:19 pm

Can't forget Pantherman !!! Dutch from 1974

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geT18SfIU7g
"Do you like Wenom?"

User avatar
bigfootkit
Posts: 2353
Contact:

Re: Dutch Steel

Post#77 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:27 am

malegys wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:19 pm
Can't forget Pantherman !!! Dutch from 1974

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geT18SfIU7g
Yup, like i said, there are so many great Dutch 45s from this era, i couldn't post them all.
Pantherman's 'Panther Walk' single is also a fun listen.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.

User avatar
Hans
Posts: 153

Re: Dutch Steel

Post#78 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:01 pm

Nice article about how Metal reached, and was lived, in a remote corner (Achterhoek) in The Netherlands in the beginning of the 80's.

Maybe its readable by translate from google or something, nice flyers/images nontheless.

https://behindthecorner.nl/2016/09/acht ... chterhoek/

User avatar
Zanker
Posts: 261

Re: Dutch Steel

Post#79 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:04 pm

Thank you!!/Dank je wel!!!
Love those old flyers, concert tickets.
Fun reading...yes..those were the olde days

User avatar
Hans
Posts: 153

Re: Dutch Steel

Post#80 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:54 pm

VAULT, never get enough of this awesome band.

Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tCXTxq4-BM

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6443
Contact:

Re: Dutch Steel

Post#81 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:41 am

Hans wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:01 pm
Nice article about how Metal reached, and was lived, in a remote corner (Achterhoek) in The Netherlands in the beginning of the 80's.

Maybe its readable by translate from google or something, nice flyers/images nontheless.

https://behindthecorner.nl/2016/09/acht ... chterhoek/
Now that's a really cool article. Nice to read some background info on the godly Metal Deadness-split. It's very tempting to turn that Skull Crusher flyer into a t-shirt...
Veterans of the Various-Wars - New Corroseum compilations-compilation series!

User avatar
Pestkrieg
Posts: 138

Re: Dutch Steel

Post#82 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:33 pm

DaN wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:41 am
Hans wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:01 pm
Nice article about how Metal reached, and was lived, in a remote corner (Achterhoek) in The Netherlands in the beginning of the 80's.

Maybe its readable by translate from google or something, nice flyers/images nontheless.

https://behindthecorner.nl/2016/09/acht ... chterhoek/
Now that's a really cool article. Nice to read some background info on the godly Metal Deadness-split. It's very tempting to turn that Skull Crusher flyer into a t-shirt...
Ha! Killer flyer indeed - would definitely a shirt with that print!

User avatar
Hans
Posts: 153

Re: Dutch Steel

Post#83 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:07 pm

Does anybody know this compilation (The Metal Dreams compilation), does it exist?

quote:
"The track 'Hellhounds' from their demo featured on the bootleg The Metal Dreams compilation."

Source:
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Tyrant/9583

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6443
Contact:

Re: Dutch Steel

Post#84 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:41 am

Here's a "Metal Dreams" comp, but with the wrong Tyrant:
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Metal-D ... e/14061911
A misunderstanding perhaps?

Tyrant (HOL) interview:
http://thecorroseum.org/fanzines/orkaan-01.php
Veterans of the Various-Wars - New Corroseum compilations-compilation series!

User avatar
Hans
Posts: 153

Re: Dutch Steel

Post#85 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:05 pm

Thanks Dan, I read the interview.
The bandmembers names from the interview are all different names then the ones listed on metalarchives.
The band from the interview is from Den Bosch, the one I know is from Breda.
Ofcourse Tyrant is popular name.. but its odd.

jnfernal
Posts: 75

Re: Dutch Steel

Post#86 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:23 am

The Tyrant on the compilation listed on Discogs are obviously the german band (the song is taken from the "Ruling the World" album), while it seems there is another bootleg compilation also called "Metal Dreams" in a 6xCD Box Set (????) where the dutch Tyrant are featured....but I could find broken torrent links only:

VA Compilations/VA - 1978 - 1983 - The Metal Dreams [6CD-set, misc. demo stuff]/Disc 6/01 - Tyrant - Hellhounds.mp34.3 MB

I guess it's just some online-made/fan-made stuff. The only reference about this "compilation" is this one:

"Ahora el sello Metal Dreams rescata del olvido su tema “Hellhounds” but I guess it's just a copy-and-paste taken from Metal Archives.

There is also another "Metal Dreams" serie in 5 CDs by Nuclear Blast but obviously it has nothing to do with all the above stuff.

Edit:

I found also this link here:

Volumes 5 and 6:
http://bestoldmetal-ironkiller.blogspot ... l%20Dreams

Volumes 01-04 :
http://bestoldmetal-ironkiller.blogspot ... l%20Dreams

Guess it's just a online-made compilation or maybe one of those countless japanese compilation bootleg cd made in the early 2000s like they did with lot of old NWOBHM bands

User avatar
Hans
Posts: 153

Re: Dutch Steel

Post#87 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:05 pm

Ah thanks, that must be it.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests