Dutch Steel

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

The Netherlands - precious Metal country in my eyes.

bands I have deep respect for:

Usurper, Pestilence, Donor, Mandator, Mysto Dysto, Osiris, Defender, Leader, Vulture, LWS Inc., Form, Nocturn, Sacrosanct ...

early Sinister, Acrostychon, Gorefest's False, Sempternal Deathreign, Threnody, Blind Justice, Phlebotomized, even Orphanage ...

bands I need to give more listens: Hammerhawk, Future Tense, Martyr, Angus, Atilla, ...

I was always surpised how Dutch bands esp. in 90's had such a feeling for groove ...

btw: anybody heard LWSInc.'s Reality?
I am ... the One you warned me of
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Noisenik wrote:
btw: anybody heard LWSInc.'s Reality?
Never heard of.
I only have the demo "Death & Die" and the "Welcome to the Asylum" album.

Another good thrash band from the Netherlands : LUNACY, they had released 2 demos in the late 80's. The 1rst one was their best, but I can't remember its name.

Some other cool underground thrash acts in the late 80's : MESSINA, BRUTAL OBSCENITY, SECOND HELL, LYCANTHROPE
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I don't suppose anyone have any SECOND HELL demo material to share? There should be at least one demo from '85 recorded.
humus

Post by humus »

DaN wrote:I don't suppose anyone have any SECOND HELL demo material to share? There should be at least one demo from '85 recorded.
I have that 85 demo and a 86 rehearsal. Unfortunately only on tape and I can't rip my tapes...
Levi

Re: Dutch Steel

Post by Levi »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Fucking Åmål wrote: Hmm i understand why someone don't likes Vortex.Their music is catchy/German influenced metal.Maniac/Gravestone from Holland?
Personally Vortex is my absolute fave Dutch band!
I don't think that that's the problem with Vortex. You could hardly call their stuff 'original'. Every riff they play is similar/quite similar/shamelessly similar to something else you've already heard. Add also some average vocals...there are tons of better bands than them, in and out of their country.
Yep, have their albums too and whereas Metal Bats and Open the Gate are still somewhat interesting, The Mill EP and Hammer of the North just don't add anything. Therefore I'm not gonna take my chance on Welcome to Metalland (the title alone!). They are however better in a live setting, party metal all the way.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

The "Open the Gates" video-clip is awesome !
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

omen of hate wrote:The "Open the Gates" video-clip is awesome !
Seconded. Seeing it on YouTube was what got me to search out (and pay way too much for) their albums. At the moment I'm afrait it feels like this song was their greatest moment. Apart from their awesome cover art of course.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

omen of hate wrote:The "Open the Gates" video-clip is awesome !
No offense is meant, but i think that the singer looks almost ridiculous. This comment that someone posted says it all : "look at 3:00 the singer looks all sassy hahaha" OMG :shock:
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

A little reminder for those who haven't seen this clip :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=806ADLWSfTo
Levi

Post by Levi »

Talking 'bout Dutch Steel:

Always found it strange ANGUS hadn't played KIT yet. Hope to catch this one (sort of a bad date for me), because this small festival is always a lot of fun. Rumours are that this is the last one, due to low ticket sales for the previous ones. Too bad if you ask me!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

omen of hate wrote:A little reminder for those who haven't seen this clip :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=806ADLWSfTo
:lol: great video, this is pure heavy metal: great song, great mood, lovely low budget clip just the way it has to be.
Long Live The Loud !!!
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Dead Head - How is their later stuff compared to the extremely good The Feast Begins at Dawn?
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

sovdat wrote:Dead Head - How is their later stuff compared to the extremely good The Feast Begins at Dawn?
I have their latest album, nothing special, just some average thrash
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

Noisenik wrote:btw: anybody heard LWSInc.'s Reality?
I have it on cd and don't like it much, it have times
but it have nothing to do with Asylum...
It was produced by Alex Perialas,
maybe you'll like it, but I doubt...
beerandjesus

Post by beerandjesus »

Thanks to everyone who's posted here so far.... I only know a couple of Dutch bands, so I'll be looking at this thread when looking for new stuff to check out!