Now playing thread (OLD'n'locked)

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

TYRAN PACE - Eye to Eye
MX - Mental Slavery
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Razor: Evil Invaders LP

Japanese stuff downloaded here

Wolf (jap): same LP: Great powermetal from Japan, some incredible great tracks, only the last song is a total abortion, really what the fuck were they thinking.
Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

SORCERY - TILL DEATH DO WE PART. OK, the whole album is generally average but "Borderline" is a killer crossover track! Not sure if it's really worth as much as it is supposed to... :?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

ATROPHY - Socialized Hate
PORTRAIT - Demo 2006
ZNOWHITE - Act of God
AMETHYST - Outside of Nowhere
odin

Post by odin »

ION BRITTON wrote:SORCERY - TILL DEATH DO WE PART. OK, the whole album is generally average but "Borderline" is a killer crossover track! Not sure if it's really worth as much as it is supposed to... :?
Is it the same band that released Stuntrock and Sinister Soldiers? The album covers look very similar but Till Death Do We Part doesn't appear in their discography.

Stuntrock and Sinister Soldiers can be found here:

http://hardrock70s.blogspot.com/
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I think it's a different band. Can anyone who knows good German read the Metalpage review and tell us?

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

omen of hate wrote: AMETHYST - Outside of Nowhere
The last track on this one is a real US metal gem imo. Hoping for a nice reissue one day...

odin

Post by odin »

ION BRITTON wrote:I think it's a different band. Can anyone who knows good German read the Metalpage review and tell us?
Well I could make out enough to confirm its the same band perhaps Till Death Do We Part is the only "Metal" album they put out?

Bereits 1978 erschien die unter 70er-Hardrock-Sammlern begehrte und legendäre Doppel-LP „Sinister Soldiers“, als Original fast unbezahlbar und auch in Form eines Bootlegs in Umlauf. Der enthaltene Psych-Hardrock wich auf dem hier vorliegenden Nachfolgewerk dem leicht progressiven Hard/Heavy-Rock und ist somit durchaus als Vorstufe des US-Metals zu sehen. Das genial-naive Coverartwork mit dem grenzdebil-dreinschauenden, kreuzbewehrten Sensenmann, der schon auf dem Erstlingswerk als Covermotiv herhalten musste, ist schon für sich alleine Kult, die Vinyltentakel werden überdies bei der erstmaligen Coverkartonbefummelung vor Freude zucken, so dick und fest ist jener Lümmel. Die gute alte Hammond-Orgel trifft auf eine Unmenge von Gitarrenduellen, NWOBHM paart sich mit unverfälschten Rock’n Roll. Wer auf Truppen wie CROWHAVEN, SURVIVOR („All your pretty moves“), CRYSIS, TAILGUNNER, LOOSELY TIGHT und ähnlichen Gebilden abfährt, kann hier seinen Gelüsten freien Lauf lassen. Nicht zu verwechseln ist diese Truppe mit den SORCERY aus den Staaten, deren LP „Stunt Rock“ nur in Belgien erschienen ist, welche noch dazu einem ähnlichen Musikstil frönten.

The real question is why wouldn't they list the album on their main website and why wouldn't metal archives show the first 2 albums as they do for other hard rock bands that turn metal.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Death.. and Sinister.. is the same band, Stunt Rock is a different band and a movie soundtrack. I'm not sure if the band really existed as a group.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

SARCOFAGUS - Cycle of Life
ICECROSS - st
GRAVESTONE - Creating a Monster
PARABELLUM - Sacrilegio EP
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

ACID: Maniac
GOLIATH: same
EXCESS: Melting Point
Long Live The Loud !!!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

RELIK - Remember the Future
H-BOMB - Coup de Métal
IRON HAWK - To the Point
Levi

Post by Levi »

DOOMRAISER - Lords of Mercy

Great release!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

LIEGE LORD - Master Control
APRIL 16th - Sleepwalking
OUTRAGE (JAP) - Black Clouds
DRUID - Four Curses
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Metal Inferno sampler: "Laying down the law" by Cloven Hoof is a personal favourite of mine. The rest of this sampler is great too.
Long Live The Loud !!!