Excavation of the Epic Irae/Quicksand Dream archives

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
GJ

Excavation of the Epic Irae/Quicksand Dream archives

Post by GJ »

Thought I should embarrass my old band mates with these two rehearsal recordings from the very early days of what was to become Epic Irae and later Quicksand Dream. Expect clumisly written lyrics, beginner level performances but pretty decent tunes anyway.

Caught in Limbo
Folkmetal? According to the Quest for Fire dogms I suppose. The guitar figure before the verses must have stuck with our then second guitarist Peter Selin since it later turned up in altered form on the Left Hand Solution debut mini album in 1993 (on a track called Final Withering). He did ask me if he could use it actually. A very nice fellow then, and he still is.

The Solution
I have vivid memories of writing this tune on an ancient black piano that stood in my bedroom. Teen angst indicator definitely pointing in the red zone. This was when I was fourteen, about one and a half year prior to the forming of the band. Inspirations at the time: Candlemass, Iron Maiden and Sadwings! :D

Now bury me in rotten eggs and tomatoes.