Unreleased 2nd BLACK DEATH album! (1988)

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
DaN
Administructor

Unreleased 2nd BLACK DEATH album! (1988)

Post by DaN »

BloodOfChrist wrote:
Astra Wally wrote:
BloodOfChrist wrote:Anxiously awaiting rips of the UNRELEASED BLACK DEATH album from 1988.... just got this sick stuff...
Never heard of that unreleased album ! Studio stuff or just unreleased rehearsal tracks ?
Studio recording, recorded in 1988 with the guitarist that came back last year Vincent Lindsay! "Tank Shop Maneuvers" is the title.... im really excited,
This is quite the scoop! :shock:
Have you heard it? Any rumors about it getting a proper release in the near future?
Astra Wally

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Post by Astra Wally »

BloodOfChrist wrote:
Astra Wally wrote:
BloodOfChrist wrote:Anxiously awaiting rips of the UNRELEASED BLACK DEATH album from 1988.... just got this sick stuff...
Never heard of that unreleased album ! Studio stuff or just unreleased rehearsal tracks ?
Studio recording, recorded in 1988 with the guitarist that came back last year Vincent Lindsay! "Tank Shop Maneuvers" is the title.... im really excited, I actually got the CD-R in the mail and Siki Spacek signed it but the sharpie ran off the edge and ruined the disk. Got some more waiting to do then! I added some info to M-A about it and their first 2 demos (TOP WANTS)!! He doesnt have those first 2 demos, were trying to find em!
You really got me curious. Maybe this will be the best unreleased album in the history of metal, next to that Deaf Dealer... Let us know please.
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine
GJ

Re: Unreleased 2nd BLACK DEATH album! (1988)

Post by GJ »

Wow! Hope this will surface in obtainable form eventually.
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

I agree Dan & Wally, thats gotta be a crazy album. Im showing Siki your review soon BTW!! ;) Wednesday or Thursday Im hoping to hear it for the first time... "RETURN OF THE IRON MESSIAH" on CD & LP will be the first thing to come out, a comp after would be incredible. I know for a fact that Demo III has been remastered from the original reels YEARRRS ago (Taken By Force Remastered was on the Auburn Records: 25 Years Of Metal sampler in 2004).... I thought that was "The" Black Death demo, never knew there were 2 previous!! Siki doesnt have the first 2 either, were trying to find them tho! A box set on Auburn has been rumoured (it was announced before Phil Bullard's death, around the time of the BW&BK Six Pack Weekend in June 04, I remember the day of the show I was 14 and in a hospital in NY with pneumonia SO PISSED I was missing Mandrake & Purgatory!)... but with word coming out about Tank Shop Maneuvers Im gonna talk to him about whatll happen with it and the possibility of a comp in the future. I really wanna hear those early demo songs like "Outcast", "T.H.C." "Standing On A Dream" and the others, there are a few more.

Some of you might have heard SonicBludgeon's Live @ The Pop Shop 1984 rip of "Sin After Sin" (12 minute song) & "To Slay The Beast" (7 minute song)... theres another live recording from the Pop Shop that has those 2 and a third song! Im really hoping to find a copy of my favorite Black Death song "Last Prophet Of The Rise Of The Beast" in better quality then the circulating one (J.Shirilla's original rip with "Last Prophet" mislabelled "Ive Been There") that has that bad drop out at the end of the ending solo (before the laugh). A better copy of Breaking The Chains Of Hell would be incredible too!!
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

Dan, Siki saw your Black Death review. He says....
Thank You very much Kenny, for making this information available to me. I couldn't stop getting emotional about this while reading it. You guys, and your friends, and all of the other fans who really really care about this music, makes this and the sacrifices made well worth it...
And you guys give me the strength to carry on with this mission... This date with Destiny!
With much love to you all...
...Until We Rock!!
Also he wanted me to tell you guys their planning on bringing Black Death Ressurected to Brooklyn NY, Germany and Sweden in 2015!! If I get to see BASTARD SQUAD, COVEN 13, VATICAN and BLACK DEATH RESURRECTED all in one year i might literally die!

BTW Vatican's new music is KILLER!

EDIT--------------------------

Tank Shop Maneuvers will be hitting 12" LP sometime this year, after "The Return" which is only a few months away!!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Hey, I really appreciate you showing Siki my old review, Kenny! It's always such a kick for me when I hear the old bands get to read them (at least the good ones, heh..)
BloodOfChrist wrote:Sweden
:?: :shock: :!:
Do you know roughly what dates we're talking about here? I'm thinking if this could be a yet unannounced Muskelrock-booking...
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

BloodOfChrist wrote:

That's what I call "good news" (although hard to believe ). Time wasn't really kind to 90% of the 80s bands who tried a comeback after a long "intermission".
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...
DESECRATOR777

Post by DESECRATOR777 »

very interesting. once i read about this unreleased record, i had my friends in ohio do some investigating for me on this and are currently looking into getting a copy. i am curious who will be booking them in brooklyn as well. it could be only two people i can think of doing this.
spit on thunder!
Keir

Post by Keir »

Great news! I'm really looking forward to hearing that new/old material. Saw Black Death at Ragnarokkr last year and they were fantastic so don't miss them if you get the chance.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Priamos wrote:
BloodOfChrist wrote:

That's what I call "good news" (although hard to believe ). Time wasn't really kind to 90% of the 80s bands who tried a comeback after a long "intermission".
Maybe it doesn't mean anything, but those band photos of the current line-up were absolutely horrendous.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Priamos wrote:
BloodOfChrist wrote:

Maybe it doesn't mean anything, but those band photos of the current line-up were absolutely horrendous.
:lol: I saw what you meant! Un-fucken-beliavable!! I know we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but these photos are killing me!! :lol:
However, a small sample of their 00s performance I heard few minutes ago (thanx to our good ol' metal guardian-angel), isn't bad at all.
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

Vatican will be releasing a live album recorded back in the day sometime soon, I hope they get the new album done soon after. If the whole album is the quality of the one new song they played for me "Falling From Grace" and the one old-unreleased song from the same recent session "Wasted" then itll be a real gem of an album!!

BTW, the guitarist they have right now Scott Von Heldt, first played with them on the second Marquis De Sade tape (replacing Jason Faust of Seductive Blasphemy). Maybe some of those songs will surface newly-recorded. All-amazing stuff their too of course. I have my suspicions about the Brooklyn show, as the decisions may be based on a suggestion of mine. Not sure if the final details of those shows are set in stone yet, but all will become clear as "The Return" draws nearer!! We need to get COVEN 13 out to Brooklyn now too, but hopefully I can make it out to Ragnarokkr this year and take them up on their offer for me help with some "Odiiiinnnn"s on stage during Riddle Of Steel ;)

Have you guys seen the RAGNAROK (2nd Coven 13 album) Poster? "Including the Controversial Smash Hit: White Boy!" Hahaha....