My records collection is poor

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
lunaboy

My records collection is poor

Post by lunaboy »

I thinks so,Anyone else have "complex" of SMALL/POOR collection ??? Because Corroseum is so called "Elite" collectors forum and people over here post just Too many obscure stuff I will never be able to find... I mean I have over 700 LPs (Common/Classic stuff plus a few rarities.Nothing serious) and a few hundreds of 7"s (Some rare some not) in collection but it's still NOTHING to compare these vinyls with other collections.I just realised I MUST live with it and there's nothing to do.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

I consider myself damn impressed of what I accomplished in terms of my own collection. I don't give a shit what other people think of it.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Compared to other people on this forum, my record collection is puny.

Compared to the average Joe, my record collection is pretty damn great.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Well, I just can compare my collection with "locals" and it's "decent" enough but... When I compare it to serious "Big Guns" (Worldwide) it's looks like average kids collection.And I have complex.I just wanted to know if I'm the only one have feeling like this...
Le fjump

Post by Le fjump »

No matter what you do there is a big probability someone else or many other will be better than you.

I am nowhere Close when I compare my Collection to many of my fellow collectors but I am still very happy and sometimes I actually Think of stop Collection and start listening instead.

Anyway... my Point is... I have alot of stuff for sale. So send me a PM 8)
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Khnud wrote:Compared to other people on this forum, my record collection is puny.

Compared to the average Joe, my record collection is pretty damn great.
Basically this. On this board it's almost embarrassing especially since I've been purging but I do have a lot of great stuff that is important to me personally so I can't complain.
daniel

Post by daniel »

The frustration was worse in the past. There are only a few big records I get a panicky feeling about sometimes now, along with the perpetual frustration over just not having enough money since I still don't have a job, I can't make any big purchases anymore. Comes and goes really, there is so much more I feel I need, but most of the time I can live with it. I was more obsessed in the past, was more unstable mentally as well, so moving on from that is definite progress to me, love of music/vinyl is one thing, but letting it rule your life, that was messed up. Also have to prioritise, currently being in a long-distance relationship saving up for trips isn't something I feel I'm suffering for, it's just life at the moment.
Can't remember exactly how many vinyls I have, but over 2000, and though I'll mostly be thinking about all the damn things I'm missing, if I think about it I guess I do have a pretty well-rounded and eclectic collection :p
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

I don't think that there is anyone who would not want more records and CDs. There are thousands of releases that musically are worth having.

Also as the years pass by, most metalheads broaden their music horizons.
It is actually an endless task, you will never have enough.
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I'm quite happy with my collection, even though I only have about 600 records. I can't see me having 10 000 records and enjoying them all. I rather have a smaller collection with records I love.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
msp

Post by msp »

I have quite a good collection now. Maybe 2000 lp, 600 7", +1000 cd's. Essentially enough music to last me for the rest off my life. I used to obsess about having a large record collection but have calmed down in the last couple of years. I think when you can't get around to listen to what you buy then you have to slow down. Having records turn up every day for sure kills the listening experience as you listen once then move onto the next record.
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

chatzial wrote:

Also as the years pass by, most metalheads broaden their music horizons.
It is actually an endless task, you will never have enough.
thats so true!

well my collection isn´t so big, maybe 1000 records, some rare, some normal or classic. I buy records since late 80s, but unfortunately 10 years ago i had to sell almost half of my vinyl collection and maybe 80% of the cds (sold some 700 cds), because of financial problems. I am still buying records that i sold (an it never ends)!!

For me what counts is quality, not quantity. There are many people nowadays who buys everything on vinyl, even if it's average, so that has to say or to increase the collection, because it is nice to have a full wall of vinyl.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

It would be nice to have some things of historical value in my collections even if I don't like them that much, and I have bought some of them in the past, but I have realized it's impossible to keep up even with the things I really like. Nowadays, I basically buy stuff that I know that I will listen to on a regular basis, now and in the future.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

I wonder how many records the so called "Elite" collectors have :D
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I guess a minimum of 6-7000 items. So much music cannot be digested properly in one lifetime if you ask me.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Yeah, I totally agree about that topic. It's nothing but frustrating. You can't just watch ebay by fun without putting 10 records on your watch list. I need a better paid job to buy more stuff. Definitely!
On the other hand most of these "high regarded" records are crap pieces that I don't even want so badly. I'd be more focussing on discovering undiscovered stuff and there is sooo many out there.
Furthermore I know you got some records for a few $$ that these so called "Elite collectors" paid many hundred dollars for so alone that fact should always give you enough satisfaction to go your own way. Everything can be found cheap sooner or later. I have records in my shelf that I years ago NEVER thought I would ever be able to buy them. Some of them for 5 Euros and many for less. It takes a bit time but still I have alot of it ... do it the Antichrist style! Power Pop 4 life!!!!
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...