SAVAGE GRACE

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
solar eagle

SAVAGE GRACE

Post by solar eagle »

SAVAGE GRACE-a tremendously cult band of the '80s.I'm waiting for your comments.
Last edited by solar eagle on Mon May 21, 2007 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Savage Grace slayed, however the name of the topic is Ostrogoth. StRAngE ThiNGs... :?:
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

oh yes, "Master of Disguise" is phenomenal, especially the opener! Don`t remember it that good anymore, because I sold the LP to replace it with the CD version, which I never did :cry:
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

"Master of Disguise" is a top US metal release !! Amazing singer !!

I've read somewhere that an ex-member (don't remember which one !)was arrested a few years ago under the charge olf illegal practise of medecine.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

omen of hate wrote: I've read somewhere that an ex-member (don't remember which one !)was arrested a few years ago under the charge olf illegal practise of medecine.
Christian Logue is a very naughty boy.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

:lol: they all living the life of real rock stars...Master of Disguise is UNBELIEVABLE, everything is right here, the riffing, the songs, fucking everything. Into The Fire is my personal hymn, a Poser Slasher pur sang...This album will never be surpassed for thousands and thousands years to come...
Long Live The Loud !!!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

SAVAGE GRACE were without doubt one of the best US metal acts.These speedy metal with insane singing and the constant drumming thunder drived me mad.I have only heard the Dominatress and Master Of Disguise.Does i need to hear more?.It's bad that not so many newer bands don't follow their example... :?
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

roihlem wrote:because I sold the LP to replace it with the CD version, which I never did :cry:
What are the vinyl versions worth these days??

I would presume orig press. CD versions would be worth more?!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

This is one of maaaany bands I heard one (1) song of 10-15 years ago, didn't get into it at the time and only discovered for real in the last 5 years. I've probably played "Master of Disguise" and "After the fall.." more times than any OMEN, MANILLA ROAD or CIRITH UNGOL albums combined in the last few years. Simply Perfect Metal all the way...

Have they done any re-unious gigs in the last few years? It almost seems like they're the last classic US Metal act who still hasn't reformed and come over to play the European cult festivals...

EDIT:
Does the "Ride into the night" EP equal their other stuff? I still haven't found a copy of that one :(
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote: EDIT:
Does the "Ride into the night" EP equal their other stuff? I still haven't found a copy of that one :(
It's OK i guess, still metal, but not even close to its predecessor. Not bad, but it's the least good SG release.

roihlem

Post by roihlem »

Korgüll wrote:
roihlem wrote:because I sold the LP to replace it with the CD version, which I never did :cry:
What are the vinyl versions worth these days??

I would presume orig press. CD versions would be worth more?!
I sold my LP for 5€...Don`t know about the price of the original CD...Does it even exist, since the album was released already in 85? I only know about a later version...
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

roihlem wrote:I sold my LP for 5€...Don`t know about the price of the original CD...Does it even exist, since the album was released already in 85? I only know about a later version...
Was the Black Dragon CD a re-issue?? I think this pressing (like certain pressings of Heir Apparent-Graceful Inheritance) were apparently Greek 'bootlegs' released by Greek Metal Hammer magazine...!????
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

I really don`t know about the CD edition. Maybe the BD CD is the first press, and it was released a few years later than the vinyl edition. I don`t know if there were already CDs back then in 1985...
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

It was 1995/96 when the SAVAGE GRACE albums first made it to CD afaik. Only THE DOMINATRESS was bootlegged already in 1993 by Reborn Classic. And yes, the "original" CDs from 95/96 are quite hard to come by now, the B.Dragon vinyls and the Metal Blade pressing of AFTER THE FALL are still very common and cheap.
The RIDE INTO THE NIGHT Pic is also not rare, should not be a problem finding a copy for a decent price.
Bit harder to find is the MASTER OF DISGUISE PicLP by B.Dragon and the privat US Pressing of that same album (yes, it exists, although many don't know/care about it as it seams :) ). It was distributed thru Important and has a totally different back- and slightly diff. frontcover.
We praise the blood that metal brings
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

OmenOfSteel wrote:It was 1995/96 when the SAVAGE GRACE albums first made it to CD afaik. Only THE DOMINATRESS was bootlegged already in 1993 by Reborn Classic. And yes, the "original" CDs from 95/96 are quite hard to come by now, the B.Dragon vinyls and the Metal Blade pressing of AFTER THE FALL are still very common and cheap.
The RIDE INTO THE NIGHT Pic is also not rare, should not be a problem finding a copy for a decent price.
Bit harder to find is the MASTER OF DISGUISE PicLP by B.Dragon and the privat US Pressing of that same album (yes, it exists, although many don't know/care about it as it seams :) ). It was distributed thru Important and has a totally different back- and slightly diff. frontcover.
I have that CD from 95/96. I looks like a bootleg though. I also have it on vinyl. I didn't know there was a private version of that album, sounds great, another one to chase after.
Long Live The Loud !!!