What's your personal fetish?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
deathster

Post by deathster »

-early noisy satanic black and deathcore demos (80s + VERY early 90s)
-death`zines
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

Albums with good cover artwork (traditional paintings) always do the trick on me :) .

What turn me off are: digipak or any fancy packaging, covers w/ computer graphics (Behemoth is a good example), gore, corpse paints, shaved heads :lol: and any new albums that bear the 'Roadrunner' logo :lol: .
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Ugh computer graphics suck so much. One of the worst is Iron Maiden's Dance Of Death.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

the erlking wrote:One of the worst is Iron Maiden's Dance Of Death.
Yeah, that's a horrible cover...
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

mega_lodon wrote:What turn me off are: shaved heads :lol:
Yeah, especially the ones with big long beards...

My fetishes:
NWOBHM
Heavy as fuck True Doom Metal.
Strange heavy metal with integrity.
voidghast

Post by voidghast »

Definitely female singers in old metal bands. I still have to check out that Diamond Lil reissue.
Early 80's Scandinavian metal.
Really great or odd album art.
alien laserblast

Post by alien laserblast »

ugly, bug-eyed dudes on the back sleeve. solid colors & design paired with inept artwork. obscure NW USA metal/hard rock. ignorant song titles.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

voidghast wrote:Definitely female singers in old metal bands.
Seconded.Hearing heavy as fuck traditional metal singed by female singers
is better sometimes than male ones.After all in a time where every woman sings like Tarja Turunen or some goth girl or it is common believed by mainstream that a woman must sing soft or atmospheric music/parts,vocalists of 80's metal bands like Battlefield's,Caress,Carrie,Trop Feross,Xandril,Masque and tons more prove the quite opposite!
King Zombie

Post by King Zombie »

Swedish Old School metal bands (now Scandinavian bands as a whole, norwegian and finnish bands too)

Japanese Heavy Metal groups (Japanophile)

Turkish bands (I'll upload some bands I've got, they are very cool and harsh, don't know why Turkey, the've got hot chicks and awesome beaches :P)

Early extreme metal bands. I'm constantly looking for the progenitors of death metal for example, this year I came across Samhain, Black Dethe, Fatal, Corpse, Pentagram, Warhammer, Funeral Bitch... I'm looking for Devastation (US) nowadays.
Keep politics OUT of this forum
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

- Razor
- Forbidden

- everything from old speed / thrash metal scene (80s til somewhere 93/94/95), preferably on a CD and preferably 1st pressing.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

SolidSnake311 wrote:Japanese Heavy Metal groups
Me too. Though I only own one or two physical releases. Very hard to come by outside Japan.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Also, some countries (when it comes to thrash) are turn ons, and the other turn offs for me:

+++
USA (obviously)
Canada
Australia
Sweden / Finland - I love the early 90s scene!! (Both Ends of the Path, Masterpeace, Emotional Playground, and so on)
East Europe (Czech Republic, Poland, etc.; especially when it comes to raw stuff, like Hellias, Ferat etc. that is sung in native language ... but on the other hand, Atomic - Nuclear Thrash was quite a disappointment, at least for me).

---
Japan
South America (at least most of the "brutal" part of it)
Italy

etc.
King Zombie

Post by King Zombie »

Black Axe wrote:
SolidSnake311 wrote:Japanese Heavy Metal groups
Me too. Though I only own one or two physical releases. Very hard to come by outside Japan.
Very hard and expensive. I wish I would had been born in Japan.
Keep politics OUT of this forum
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I search for horror movie references, of lovecraftian stuff, but I don't know why if most of the time I get disappointed.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Cochino wrote:I search for horror movie references, of lovecraftian stuff, but I don't know why if most of the time I get disappointed.
Anything Uruguayan or Italian captures my attention too.

Edit: Oop, screw up. Meant to push the edit button and pushed the quote one, and didn't realize until I submitted it. Sorry.