What's your personal fetish?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Azaras

Post by Azaras »

Ohhh I LOVE Wyzard.

Then again I am a total whore when it comes to metal music. If you play a solid riff, have some spirit, and throw a gliding solo over it, I'll lie down and take it... HAHA.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

YOU SLUT! :lol:
Azaras

Post by Azaras »

:oops:

I would argue with you, but today I realized that I am the village bicycle as far as heavy metal goes. I NEED everything that MOTORHEAD ever made, so today I actually bought the Spongebob Squarepants movie soundtrack (... :oops: ) just for the MOTORHEAD song.

As I was installing the CD into my metal shelf I looked in the mirror and felt filthy. :oops:
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Well, Fantasy-covers have a big influence on a 'buy or put it back' - decision
Long Live The Loud !!!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

EzyMeat wrote:Covers and titles dealing with insanity and or depressing.
Do you know french band SUP ?? You should try it. Their entire concept is about mental illness, depression. One of the band members work in a psychiatric hospital.

They began as a death metal act (Suppuration) and they changed their name into SUP, their music is a mix between metal and coldwave, very hypnotic, repetitive.

During their live performances, they project footages from psychiatric treatments of years 1930. Quite strange and weird ...
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

One also personal fetish is the Prima sound that many bands had in the 80's like Razor,Exciter,Gravestone.In today's metal everyone sadly tries to give more bass sound and noisyness trying to imitate the Nu-metal PA-RA-PA-PA sound. or the death metal barks :(
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

PA-RA-PA-PA sound
Do you realize you just comprised everything that's wrong with the metal scene in the last 15 years in just 2 (5?) words. Salute!
steelangel

Post by steelangel »

female asses ... :D hi hi ... Seriously, about metal, my fetish is all concerning EPIC HEAVY METAL : Lyrics, Covers with Castles , Knights, Swords and Shields, Epic "galloping" Rythm Guitars, and so on ... :P
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Fucking Åmål wrote:PA-RA-PA-PA
Isn't this a Xmas song by Boney M????? :lol:

I have to buy anything by RUSH, VOIVOD or VENOM whenever I see it.
I also get excited when I find a really dodgy looking 80's/early 90's thrash CD I've never heard before... like when I found VISITOR!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Trying to get anything by VoiVod in any format. Always preying to find something weird and/or dissonant. Also looking for weird covers and covers with significant percent of white colour. Lately the covers seem the thing that really interests me. Weird covers is almost always weird music. 8)
I am ... the One you warned me of
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Here's some keywords: Satanic, Evil, Occult, Mystic, Terror, Haunting, Dark and Intense.

Example bands:
Ritual, Black Hole, Bellzlleb, Tabbasa, Hell, Dark Heart
Master's Hammer, Pagan Altar etc.

I have other fetishes too but a good mix of haunting sounds, evil atmosphere and occult subjects is maybe the most important. Hail WIDOW LP!
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
King Zombie

Post by King Zombie »

I have a necropaedophiliac mania, I rape small puppies. :twisted:

Mmm... I'd have to know the difference between a fetish, obsession and mania, any psychologist here?

What I often do is immediatly have a cool image I find on the net to pot it as my avatar display here and on msn. :oops:
Keep politics OUT of this forum
humus

Post by humus »

I collect as much Sabbat (Japan) releases as I can. I also try to gather as much pre-1995 Belgian metal as possible.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

I don't really adhere to any fetishes per se, but I will pause whenever I see the acronym 'nwobhm' :) I used to stop for good fantasy cover art, but there's so much of that available nowadays and the music is usually horribly generic epic-symphonic power metal, so I don't pay fantasy artwork much heed any more.
A big turn-off (to stick with the thread title) is a generic band name. If you want me to stop, pick up your album, and consider buying it, you better not have a generic band name like WARRIOR or TYRANT or anything beginning with NECRO- or GOAT (really, is there any part of a goat's body that doesn't have a band named after it? :) ). I know there's not much in a name, but if I'm scanning mailorder lists or shelves at a record store, I'm gonna stop for something like WIKKYD VIKKR, CIRITH UNGOL, or CElTIC FROST whereas I'm gonna sail right on past NECROPHOBIC and GOATLORD
tomas

Post by tomas »

Some of my fetishes:
- LPs that contain songs about metal and have the word 'metal' in the title (Witching Metal, Death Metal, Black Metal, Satan's Metal, ...) 8)
- Satanic band photos with skulls, chains, inverted crosses, ...
- Covers with black and white pen drawings of demons, devils, ... always scream 'BUY ME!!'
- Lousily recorded metal