What's your personal fetish?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Korean metal, Bulgarian metal, Russian metal, Leviticus and Reborn Classics boots.
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

Warepire wrote:Reborn Classics boots.
Why ? They are sounding so extremely crappy !

Medieval Steel is one of my top 3 records and i always wanted to have it also on CD. There was always the Reborn Classic CD of it in my usual record shop and i listened to it at least once every year and this during 10 years. And i never bought it because i was so shocked about the horrible sound quality !
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

tbieri wrote:

Medieval Steel is one of my top 3 records and i always wanted to have it also on CD. There was always the Reborn Classic CD of it in my usual record shop and i listened to it at least once every year and this during 10 years. And i never bought it because i was so shocked about the horrible sound quality !
The ones I have have a remarkably good sound for a bootleg in my opinion. Perhaps that one is a "black sheep"?
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

now that i think of it,my subconscious has something for bands that start with S, in my collection they are a big majority :?
MetalRulesTheNight

Post by MetalRulesTheNight »

oh man too many to mention... maybe you can ask what fetish I don't have LOL

Well, anything 1980s and anything obsure will get my attention
South American, ex-USSR and Eastern European bands I gotta listen to them all!
I also have a thing for bands from Cuba
All Female & female fronted bands especially non Gothic-Metal (although I like many of those too)
Anything that lyrically deals with the concepts of "Flying" and "Sunset" wins a place in my heart right away. If it is a combination of both, instantly becomes part of me.
I also collect loads of memorabilia especially pre 1995: I have tons of old fanzines and flyers.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

NWOBHM and SWEDISH METAL 7''s. 8)
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Sometimes i wish i would have a fetisch. But i like’em all too much. Rarities, new bands, re-issues, singles, demotapes, live bootlegs, major and private releases, bands from all regions. Only CDs are not of interest for me.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Keir

Post by Keir »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:now that i think of it,my subconscious has something for bands that start with S, in my collection they are a big majority :?
I imagine if you look in any metalhead's collection you will find a lot of S bands.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Not real fetish, more like a soft spot for albums with artwork in red/white/black gammut, like this beauty:

Vinny Black

Post by Vinny Black »

Dirty Rocker wrote:NWOBHM and SWEDISH METAL 7''s. 8)
Now that's a good fetish!

Mine has to be different copies of "Welcome To Hell".
"My music is not modern, it is merely badly played." Arnold Schönberg 1874-1951
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Warepire wrote:
tbieri wrote:

The ones I have have a remarkably good sound for a bootleg in my opinion. Perhaps that one is a "black sheep"?
I agree, most of the ones I have heard sound good for boots. A lot of them better than later official reissues.

I guess my main one is female fronted bands, then Japanese metal. Otherwise my collection is fairly well-rounded.
GJ

Post by GJ »

No fetishes here. I'm all healthy, square and neutered. :wink:
Metalion_SOS

Re: What's your personal fetish?

Post by Metalion_SOS »

Ignoring the sound for starters... it's about the imagery. And, for me, a weird one. Photos of bands on/near trains/train tracks. I have no idea why. If they're decked out in leather/chains/spikes then all the better!