opinions about the old French metal scene

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
DaN
Administructor

Re: opinions about the old French metal scene

Post#211 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:05 pm

DMR wrote:
DaN wrote:
Maxim wrote:No Remorse is releasing H & H compilation which features they single and that 11 track demo. Really cool news!

Anyone heard this yet? Another one of those "Awesome-single/bad-demos" affairs a la your random NWOBHM 2LP HRR reissue? :|

Yes, that's pretty much how it is. The demo tracks sound nothing like the single, just generic NWO(fill in the blank)HM.

Cheers for the warning. As suspected then.
While on this subject, which are your (everyone's) french demo-reissues recommendations? Personally I can't hype the old Vixen LP of Fils du Metal - straight up one of the finest French Metal albums made. I also like the TNT Lp - GOOD NWO(fill in the blank)HM! ...and of course the killer Slaughter EP which sort of got conceived on this very forum. For some strange reason I often see this one in the bargain bins still, so don't miss out.

tbieri

Post#212 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:41 pm

Check out the STRATEGE LP on Mémoire Neuve!

Astra Wally

Post#213 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:47 pm

tbieri wrote:Check out the STRATEGE LP on Mémoire Neuve!

YES !

Can't say it's absolutely essential but the XS reissue on Cameleon Records is worth getting for the excellent 3-tracks MLP alone. Demo and 7" are decent yet forgettable.
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine

Astra Wally

Post#214 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:51 pm

Barely mentioned on this forum but the HOLSTER demo lp is a must-buy in my book.
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine

Return to “Into Battle”