opinions about the old French metal scene

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

shreut wrote:Hi LaGouille, for those who don't know he's the guy who released that fabulous Soggy LP last year.
Thank you, LaGouille! Shame it was such a limited edition.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

shreut wrote:I think Hustler's LP is awful, one of the worst LP ever came out in France. Anyway, you'll probably find someone who love it, it's all matter of taste :lol:

Hi LaGouille, for those who don't know he's the guy who released that fabulous Soggy LP last year.
I'll take your advice then and save my money.
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

I personally love French metal,although i still need to listen to a few bands' material.There are actually a bunch of groups anyone should listen to by all means and i'm sure these bands would be in everybody's recommendation list,such as High Poewr,Sortilege,Death's Angels,Steel Angel,ADX,Wade Shoken,Lust,Axton Pryte,Der Kaiser,H and H,the mighty Jumper Lace(post Vixen) are a few to come to my mind.Quite numerous releases here and lots of them are worthwhile with professional enough instrumentation and performances.Great scene to discover indeed...
Never trust the Goblin King....
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

The 80's french metal scene is fantastic. So many great bands! I love loads of 7''s from France too. Need a Desdemona 7''!
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

I need to listen to LEGEND "Mandragore" & "Carnavale de Fer", I wonder how they sound like...

The 7" is so KILLER!

Seems very hard to find unfortunately.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Been revisiting some of the french 7'' the last days, here's the ones that stand out for me

LEGEND
MARIENTHAL
DEATH'S ANGELS (blistering guitar work!)
HIGHLAND QUEEN (a-side is their best song)
DESDEMONA
DAMOCLES
TOKYO
PENZZER (amazing a-side, b-side sounds like BLASPHEME)
ASTAROTH (a-side)
XS
H AND H
DRIFTER
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

I also just bought the second Excess LP,fatal Touch,which i have always loved and never managed to find.
I have NEVER understood what the Fuss over Anthracite is.i really dislike that record,it sounds poppy,not heavy at all ,and very little inspiration.
There should be a special about forgotten 90s french metal,like broken arrow,nightreaper,bands that continued in the 90s but only on very obscure tapes.not only vinyl exists! (even though i collect it like a madman)
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
LaGouille

Post by LaGouille »

shreut wrote:Hi LaGouille, for those who don't know he's the guy who released that fabulous Soggy LP last year.
Hi Shreut! Expect soon a new release that should satisfy your apetite for 80's French metal!! Surprise, surprise :wink:
LaGouille

Post by LaGouille »

Dirty Rocker wrote:The 80's french metal scene is fantastic. So many great bands! I love loads of 7''s from France too. Need a Desdemona 7''!
> does not show up very often but I'll let you know if I find an extra copy. Still have to list those I have for trade or sale. I'll post it here, stay tuned :wink:
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

I'm surprised to see not many people listed the TENEBRES demo...it simply put to shame many French recordings...

Also half of the STRATEGE demo is really good..I'm thinking about working further on this now that I have a serious contact.... but half of the demo is really so and so...
LaGouille

Post by LaGouille »

big mouth wrote:I'm surprised to see not many people listed the TENEBRES demo...
This one is a personal fave. Hope you can find the band members one day Laurent :wink:
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

LaGouille wrote:
Dirty Rocker wrote:The 80's french metal scene is fantastic. So many great bands! I love loads of 7''s from France too. Need a Desdemona 7''!
> does not show up very often but I'll let you know if I find an extra copy. Still have to list those I have for trade or sale. I'll post it here, stay tuned :wink:
Awesome. Send me a PM if you find one. Croizade 7'' is a big want too. :)
Does anybody have the Croizade 7'' on mp3?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Speaking of demos, VYTAL, ORIALIX, STEEL ANGEL, NIGHTMARE, DEATH'S ANGELS and VIXEN PRIDE are all pretty cool.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
LaGouille

Post by LaGouille »

Dirty Rocker wrote:Does anybody have the Croizade 7'' on mp3?
Will post it once I have access to Poisonoise, hehehe!
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

LaGouille wrote:
Dirty Rocker wrote:Does anybody have the Croizade 7'' on mp3?
Will post it once I have access to Poisonoise, hehehe!
Haha, you should have soon. Can't remember how many posts you need to do but not many more than you already have mate. :D Thanks alot.