Live (bootleg) video's.

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
MetalDelight

Live (bootleg) video's.

Post by MetalDelight »

Is anyone overhere collecting/trading/enjoying live (bootleg) video's (DVD/VHS)?
I have been doing so for the last 4 years.
Love those (relatively) good quality video's from the eighties to watch the audience go crazy and to relive what metal was in those days :-)

For example King Diamond live @ Aardschokdag 1986.
This is a well know video ofcourse but there's many more awesomness out there.

Let's talk/discuss/recommend them here, maybe even set up trades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ldYc6YVByg
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

I have the entire 1988 NASTY SAVAGE Poland show on DVD (got it from a metal video collector from the USA).
Great audience, nice tracklist & Nasty Ronnie at his best days.
The whole show's been up on YT for some time:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... +1988&sm=3
See the flash of lightning cutting the edge of steel!
MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

Great stuff. I don't have the show on dvd but watched in on YT before.
I love Nasty Savage anyway :-)

One of my favs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QPrUfuSdCQ
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Nasty Uwe wrote:I have the entire 1988 NASTY SAVAGE Poland show on DVD (got it from a metal video collector from the USA).
Great audience, nice tracklist & Nasty Ronnie at his best days.
The whole show's been up on YT for some time:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... +1988&sm=3
WOW! Amazing stuff! This show is legendary in my homeland and I never watched it before. I love Nasty Savage and this show just confirms that love.
mordred

Post by mordred »

I used to trade and collect "bootleg" concert recordings on dvd but I got tired of it eventually as it got harder to find quality stuff and I was piling up more stuff than I wanted to watch anyway. I don't know how many I have, probably 300+ at least. Mostly 80's stuff and recordings from concerts I visited in recent years. I collected Savatage mostly, I probably have pretty much every concert video recording that exists of them. No time or interest in trading anymore though, but it was fun when I did it.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

mordred wrote:I used to trade and collect "bootleg" concert recordings on dvd but I got tired of it eventually as it got harder to find quality stuff and I was piling up more stuff than I wanted to watch anyway. I don't know how many I have, probably 300+ at least. Mostly 80's stuff and recordings from concerts I visited in recent years. I collected Savatage mostly, I probably have pretty much every concert video recording that exists of them. No time or interest in trading anymore though, but it was fun when I did it.
Well if you collected mostly Savatage then I guess you know Jimbo as well?
I try to collect the better quality shows rather than having 500 Slayer shows that I'll never watch ;-) Besides that I film shows myself with friends and edit them to multicam renditions.
I have two 2-cam Savatage shows that saw the light just recently.
They existed before but only in 1 cam versions; Motor City Madness is one of them ;-)
mordred

Post by mordred »

MetalDelight wrote:
mordred wrote:I used to trade and collect "bootleg" concert recordings on dvd but I got tired of it eventually as it got harder to find quality stuff and I was piling up more stuff than I wanted to watch anyway. I don't know how many I have, probably 300+ at least. Mostly 80's stuff and recordings from concerts I visited in recent years. I collected Savatage mostly, I probably have pretty much every concert video recording that exists of them. No time or interest in trading anymore though, but it was fun when I did it.
Well if you collected mostly Savatage then I guess you know Jimbo as well?
I try to collect the better quality shows rather than having 500 Slayer shows that I'll never watch ;-) Besides that I film shows myself with friends and edit them to multicam renditions.
I have two 2-cam Savatage shows that saw the light just recently.
They existed before but only in 1 cam versions; Motor City Madness is one of them ;-)
I know who Jimbo is yes. You know, you're pushing precisely the right buttons here. I have only 1 cam version of Motor City Madness but I do know there is a newly made 2 cam version out there (probably know who made it too, ha-ha). I'm shooting you a PM, maybe we can work something out if you're interested.
MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

You got a pm back, in case you did not notice.
mordred

Post by mordred »

I did, just a little slow replying.