Accuser - then what?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Shiremen

Accuser - then what?

Post by Shiremen »

I finally bought Accuser's albums "Who Dominates Who? and "Double Talk". No, not the original CDs but some bootleg crap.

However, very good music. I like the chugga chugga guitars and the high quality recording and the songs.

What would you recommend that I hunt for now if I want something similar?
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

The debut "The Conviction" + "Experimental Errors" ep ?

I don't really like Who Dominates Who ... :?
Last edited by Helstar on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GJ

Post by GJ »

I find this kind of thrash pretty boring. Still, this band emulated from Breaker which were great agressive Teutonic metal. There's an early Accuser demo on the cd reissue of Breaker's Dead Rider. I recommend that one.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

everyone says that accuser is a generic, standard thrash but frankly I find this statement absurd (I even heard people labelled them as Metallica rip-offs, what a complete bullshit). They do have a specific vibe about their music that is exclusively theirs. That's why it is so difficult to suggest any similar bands.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

You know, I kind of felt indifferent to post-Conviction Accuser as well, but I just spun Who Dominates Who and it was a lot better than I remembered. The Conviction is surely a classic though, fantastic record.

Still not sure about Double Talk or Repent though.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

perishinflames wrote:You know, I kind of felt indifferent to post-Conviction Accuser as well, but I just spun Who Dominates Who and it was a lot better than I remembered. The Conviction is surely a classic though, fantastic record.

Still not sure about Double Talk or Repent though.
I don't like Double Talk that much either. Agitation, Confusion Romance and Taken By The Throat are listenable at best.

But Repent and especially Dependent Domination are very good if you ask me. Providing that one is not alergic to anything which is even a tad modern.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

"Repent" is a decent mid level album but of course the last cover song is a total piece of shit industrial attempt.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

Yes the demo from 1986 and the debut ''Conviction'' is excellent thrash metal.