CYPERUS

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
thrashidolatry

CYPERUS

Post by thrashidolatry »

I heard the 1986 demo which is pure gold and also the Blow It Our Your Ass-demo from 1991 is pretty good but I've never found anything to listen into their full-length Sanity Management. But I heard it's very bad, is this so?
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

I don't know the 1986 demo and SM (if I remember well) is quite different from BIOYA, personally I like it.
Sure, no masterpiece, some cool songs, some fillers ... for 20-30$ I suggest to go for it, it doesn't hurt :D
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

Helstar wrote:I don't know the 1986 demo and SM (if I remember well) is quite different from BIOYA, personally I like it.
Sure, no masterpiece, some cool songs, some fillers ... for 20-30$ I suggest to go for it, it doesn't hurt :D
Hm, I missed a 'buy it now' for 35$ lately but there's one for auction atm. Maybe I'll take it :)
I was kinda confused because it has a rarity grading of 4 on metaltreasures. :?
http://www.metal-treasures.com/search/label/Cyperus
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Metal Treasures is not to be trusted for these things blindly. Sometimes there are totally wrong rarity ratings IMHO...

Take this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1049083033

It has some dents and you need a USA contact since the seller doesn't ship abroad (maybe ^^), but for 22$ it's ok.
Last edited by Helstar on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

I'll have to contact the seller, maybe he'll ship it here. :(
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

"Sanity Management" is quite a bit different from the earlier demos. I personally like it but I'm warning you that it is a lot more progressive then the earlier material. It still manages to stay heavy though and has an identity of it's own. I'm fine with this but then again I'm not a 100% Thrash guy. It's not a masterpiece and there are a couple of "filler" tracks but I still hold it in above average regard. If you are uncertain just download it from a blog. I'm sure it's not that hard to find. Otherwise, I can upload it for you.

Regarding the rarity of the CD, this has changed quite substantially recently. It used to be a bitch to find 10 years ago but since the band was contacted in attempt to re-issue the demos in the late 2000's a lot of copies have turned up and the price has come down. I bought my copy still sealed and paid $65.00 which wasn't too bad considering it was 1 of only 3 copies I had seen in several years at the time.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
EzraCobb

Post by EzraCobb »

I got the Blow It Out Your Ass compilation CD last year and I found this as pretty amazing material - the vocals are f*cking intense! Its a shame this band never made it - because this real good stuff - This is a worthy purchase for anybody not sure about the CD - get it!
martinsane

Post by martinsane »

thrashidolatry wrote:
Helstar wrote:I don't know the 1986 demo and SM (if I remember well) is quite different from BIOYA, personally I like it.
Hm, I missed a 'buy it now' for 35$ lately but there's one for auction atm. Maybe I'll take it :)
I was kinda confused because it has a rarity grading of 4 on metaltreasures. :?
http://www.metal-treasures.com/search/label/Cyperus
I have ever only found one of these in my travels through the Pacific NW, which is why it rated a 4 back in '08 on the rarity scale. Still the only copy I've seen in a used shop to date.