Conspiracy theories:Who really wrote Headless Cross and TYR?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

ION BRITTON wrote: Not only this, but for me those two are the best material they ever recorded and among my best 10 metal albums of all times.
Sooo true... Especially for Headless Cross.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

mordred wrote:This new thread title is silly because there is no conspiracy theory and never was one.
That's usually how they begin. :D
mordred

Post by mordred »

Heathen wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote: Not only this, but for me those two are the best material they ever recorded and among my best 10 metal albums of all times.
Sooo true... Especially for Headless Cross.
I always felt Headless Cross had some of the best Sabbath stuff on it but the B side is considerably weaker then the first. There are even some downright cringeworthy moments in "Kill in the Spirit World" and "Call of the Wild". Tyr is without that kind of flaws but doesn't quite have "Headless Cross" or "When Death Calls" on it. All in all though great albums that together with the four or five first + Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules make out the most essential Sabbath material.
Black Axe wrote:That's usually how they begin. :D
Shhh... :wink:
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I see you've given the answer in your signature. Maybe it's time to lock the topic.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
mordred

Post by mordred »

I don't know, locking one of the first topics that did anything since forever might seem a bit counterproductive. :)
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Should have quoted it, no one will believe me now dammit.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

mordred wrote:There are even some downright cringeworthy moments in "Kill in the Spirit World" and "Call of the Wild"
I'm lovin' every minute of it! For the vocals if not for anything else!
daniel

Post by daniel »

It was already said, that despite Mordred going "word for word he never said those things" and being all knight in shining armour, it was inferred from what Prowler posted that he meant what Ion already explained again. What's next, contextual assumptions are impossible and robotic readings of texts are the only truth?
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

This is easily the most entertaining thread here in a while! :lol:
From what I can gather from reading all of this; Iomni wrote most of it, had a bit of help and his influences changed throughout the years. Amazing!

Now, while I put on some popcorn can we make the attacks a bit more personal? Cheers! :lol:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Uh sorry, we don't do such things for free. 10$ to the paypal address of everyone involved and you'll be entertained accordingly.

daniel

Post by daniel »

Will be needing some heavier intel on Prowler and Mordred too to continue.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Oh come on, Daniel you're always damn good in these types of discussions 8)

Don't stop so early, keep it up please ! This is priceless :lol:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Again, I have to walk the middle line here. I think both sides have valid points but both are assuming too much as well. I know it's hard to sit back and take criticism of a band or musician you hold in high regard but at the same time not everything needs to be taken so literally either, None of us were there for the writing and recording sessions of these albums and credit lists are often artificially altered based on many different factors.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Abyss

Post by Abyss »

Avenger wrote:
Prowler wrote:
daniel wrote: Btw, the Kiss/Pentagram song thing turned out to be nothing more than a story as far as I know.
Told by Bobby Liebling himself ... so in your own words I find it very disrespectful to call Bobby Liebling a liar. ha ha :wink:
Dan the wise man once said "Never trust a musician".
The story was in the liner notes of First Daze Here Too and states Kiss came to see them practice in 1975 in hopes of funding a demo but weren't impressed by their lack of image, the story about kiss trying to buy star lady appears to have been manifested in someone elses mind in a amazon.com review.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Only "TYR" I said. lol
Not "Headless cross" ... "Headless cross" still has those Sabbath influences of the albums released before, but "TYR" hasn't ...

PS: How much beers did I inhale when I've started this topic? I must have been completely drunk as I have no clue anymore ... :?:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...