Chained Lace/Force

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Cochino

Chained Lace/Force

Post by Cochino »

Thanks to our friend khijol I was checking several bands with female members and while listening to the Chained Lace's Morbid Fascination demo I immediatly recognize the song Last Chance from the Force 1984 demo (which were also re-recorded as Rat Salad for the Double Dose Of Doom split). Then I saw they also had in common the song Black Widow but in Metal Archives I don't see any members in common. Anyone knows something about the connection between these two bands?
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

the force demo with "black widow" on it has a different singer than the force 12"... iirc a good chunk of this lineup was also different than the 12", and at some time shortly after recording that demo they changed their name to chained lace and recorded "morbid fascination"

here is a bit of an interview referencing it
In 1980, with more member changes, Force got a female vocalist. We continued to write originals and she and I wrote lyrics for them. We recorded the Force EP in 1981 and started work on a full length LP. In 1983, with more member changes we became a side project called, Cheri Blade, fronted by another female. We recorded a 4 song demo at a professional studio. We sent it out to major labels and got rejected by them all. With new members, Cheri Blade became Chained Lace and went on their way, while Force was fronted by another male vocalist. We went a little commercial and Van Halenized a 4 song demo. in '86. Even that demo got turned down by the major labels!
from a thread on SKR (supposedly originally from miskatonik):
What I had heard/read was that it was Norman Lawson on guitar, Cheri Bacon on vocals, Stuart Rose on drums and a bass player no one seems to remember. Iron Man riffs and Force songs are supposedly present, I don't have the time to dig out this out right now and see, but my memory is of being reminded of Pentagram more so than Iron Man.....might be my ears or memory are off
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Ah, nice. Thanks.
I'm not sure if all this lineup/side projects thing and songs that go from one band to another is one of the 1001 reason why metal rules or sucks.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

If you check out the HELLION (DC) - You're Not Welcome Here 1982 lp out on Maniacal records, you can hear songs I believe taken from here by band members when they went on to do Chained Lace. No time at the moment to look at which exact members went into CL.

check these 2 threads for some more info:

http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... t=maniacal

http://shadowkingdomrecords.com/board/v ... php?t=1550