Recommendations of brutal and savage thrash metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Old PROTECTOR is brutal and savage, maybe more Death than Thrash at most times though. And if you enjoy SAVAGE DEATH you might also like bands as VOOR from Canada.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

VOOR are OK although a bit noisy.

From PROTECTOR I like their first MLP, the others I found only decent. Been waiting the reissues in the mailbox any day soon, I will pay more attention to them now that I will have on some proper format.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
lions roar

Post by lions roar »

from what i saw you know a lot of stuff but here's some suggestions :

Metal onslaught- Cease to exist
addictive - pity of man
aggression - the full treatment
cyclone - brutal destruction
blessed deatj - destined for extinction

some close suggestion , who knows : wotan - welcome to the asgrad kingdom
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

lions roar wrote:aggression - the full treatment
Yeah, and the archival album Forgotten Skeleton.

Recipients of Death's first miniLP belongs here too. Produced by Eric Meyer of Dark Angel to boot.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
laasgaardh

Post by laasgaardh »

Herkus Monte wrote:Incidentally, has anyone heard the 80`s recordings of the German act Outrage?
The second demo is great, very similar to Obsessed By Cruelty by Sodom, Celtic Frost and Venom. More black/thrash than deathrash though, but highly recommended!

First demo would be as great if the drums were not so weak, sounds pretty bad I'm afraid, but the songs are great. From Nightmares And Myths and The Book Of The Seventh Seals are ok, but tame-sounding, so I prefer the re-recorded versions of the songs on these three demos on Go To Hell.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

lions roar wrote: Metal onslaught- Cease to exist
addictive - pity of man
aggression - the full treatment
cyclone - brutal destruction
blessed deatj - destined for extinction
Gonna check out Addictive, haven't heard of them before. They're not too modern right? Coz I get some weird vibes from that cover...

Metal Onslaught - I have this on vinyl and haven't played it in years. I remember it being quite brutal, thanks for reminding it me.

Blessed Death - Great band with over-the-top vocals, some of their material is totally relentless. They certainly fit this thread.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

lions roar

Post by lions roar »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Gonna check out Addictive, haven't heard of them before. They're not too modern right? Coz I get some weird vibes from that cover...

Metal Onslaught - I have this on vinyl and haven't played it in years. I remember it being quite brutal, thanks for reminding it me.

Blessed Death - Great band with over-the-top vocals, some of their material is totally relentless. They certainly fit this thread.
yeah i assumed it wont be easy surprising people here.
not modern at all . their vocalist ain't the most brutal singer on the planet but the music is quite aggressive/fast ,and he sometimes do this growl sounding vocals. the first song "get out of my life" surely would make even the most fanatic german-thrash guys start headbanging.

i can though advice you to try out 80's crust punk scene , cause it was pretty brutal and thrash orientated .stuff like Extreme Noise Terror will do the trick.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

lions roar wrote: i can though advice you to try out 80's crust punk scene , cause it was pretty brutal and thrash orientated .stuff like Extreme Noise Terror will do the trick.
http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5017 :wink:

Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Of the top of my head I'd recommend this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBVLYunMKbM

Attomica - Disturbing the Noise (1990)

Some others that I don't see mentioned, but the odds are you know them:
Assassin - The Upcoming Terror
Holy Moses - Finished With The Dogs
Slaughter - Strappado
Torture - Storm Alert
Lama

Post by Lama »

Oh yeah that Torture-album is quite savage too!

SOLSTICE from Tampa maybe? I only have their s/t debut, and it's been years since I've heard it, but I remember that it's damn brutal affair! I should revisit that one soon.

Demo-only bands that spring to mind are LEVIATHAN (with Chris Barnes on vocals and some later Malevolent Creation/Solstice-members) with their "Legions Of The Undead" tape and ROTTING CORPSE ("Demo 86").

The first RECIPIENTS OF DEATH and THE UNSANE "Inverted Crosses" MLP's can't be missed too.

What about DEAD HEAD from Holland? Not as 'broootal'/heavy like Demolition Hammer or Exhorder, but they were (are?) pretty extreme too. Like a mixture of first Sadus, early Invocator and Dark Angel. Check out their "The Festering"-demo (or "Come To Salem" early days compilation), "Dream Deceiver", "Kill Division" and "Haatland". Their debut album "The Feast Begins At Dawn" suffers from poor sound. I wish they would re-record that one. Killer live band too!

Albums/bands in this sub-subgenre are too scarce. I always had a soft spot for this brutal, not-yet death metal kind of thrash.
Kampel Destruction
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

As the author said he does not want death/thrash bands - if you have any good death/thrash hybrid recommendations please throw 'em here:

http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4120
Lama

Post by Lama »

Heathen wrote:As the author said he does not want death/thrash bands - if you have any good death/thrash hybrid recommendations please throw 'em here:

http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4120
Which bands out of my comment do you suggest throwing there?
Kampel Destruction
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I'd say you should check out Toxic Shock: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Tox ... 3540263533 I love that record.
I would also reccomend Front's Mortal Surgery which is pretty brutal and relentless Thrash, full of killer riffs.
It's hard for me to think more reccomendations right now, all the bands that come to mind are more Death/Thrash stuff.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Cochino wrote:I'd say you should check out Toxic Shock: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Tox ... 3540263533 I love that record.
At first I thought you recommended the germans which I find below average, but this Toxik Shock from the US I've never heard of them before. Is it possible to upload the 7"?